Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    so heres a nerd question on my end. Toe clamping pressure....

So the Hagan core has the dual spring front, the the trofeo has the monolink front. Which has more clamping force? or what is the clamping force?

I remember reading that the Core 12 was like 13 / 14 kg? Any idea of what hte mono link is?
    I wrote ATK an email asking this exact question a week ago and have not gotten a response yet, very curious if anybody has info about this. Additionally, if there is any difference in the monolink clamping force between the Crest 8 and Crest 10, and if the clamping force is any different between the RT and the Crest which have very slightly different versions of monolink toes

The toe clamping pressure in ski mode on ATK bindings up to & including last seasons production was 11kg on the toe inserts (I know that's not an exact unit of pressure but that's what they told me).

However, on the new/latest 20/21 production bindings the toe clamping pressure in ski mode has now been increased 13kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The toe clamping pressure in ski mode on ATK bindings up to & including last seasons production was 11kg on the toe inserts (I know that's not an exact unit of pressure but that's what they told me).

However, on the new/latest 20/21 production bindings the toe clamping pressure in ski mode has now been increased 13kg.
    Great info! Is this true across the whole range (ie the lower release value bindings and race bindings too)?

i have the helio 350 and last years hagan in hand... exact same mount pattern ...

Once nice noticeable change is the heel riser platforms are longer (more boot purchase), and the single arm spring on the toe piece... a much more noticeable "WHACK" as you press a boot in... so i think the increased toe clamp pressure is present
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Received my Helio 350 yesterday (one time 40% off coupon sure helped). Very surprised at one year warranty and all the legal verbiage in the manual. Last I checked no Fritschi were shown in stock. Wonder if BD had a bad time with warranty on the vipec and tecton bindings. The spacer is available through Hagan for 15% off on preorder if anyone is interested.

That legal verbiage all comes down from ATK...

It's worth noting that the mount pattern information from the manual is incorrect on BDs website , the pattern is exactly the same as last year hagan core 12 - toe (p1 x4) heel (h1 x4)

You have to be creative when mounting some of their bindings. Last Spring, they didn't have a template for RT10s.

I can't recall how I derived the template for them. I think it had a Crest heel pattern. I'd have to look at my files (might have posted it earlier in this thread).

I then searched for a compatible toe.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

So how many here have actually skied the R12/R14's? Or Raider 2.0's for that matter. I am contemplating the switch but the ramp angle is kinda worrying me. I know I can shim it (but not easily.. like i cant buy it) and have done that in the past with Dynafits but that will lower the risers effective height which aren't especially tall.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

What binder are you comparing against?
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    So how many here have actually skied the R12/R14's? Or Raider 2.0's for that matter. I am contemplating the switch but the ramp angle is kinda worrying me. I know I can shim it (but not easily.. like i cant buy it) and have done that in the past with Dynafits but that will lower the risers effective height which aren't especially tall.
    Probably have 50 days on the raider 12 2.0 + freeride spacer shimmed with B&D 6mm shims.

Risers are perfectly fine. I've never, not once, needed a higher riser. More than enough.

I love this binding.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed... Tgapp what's your ramp angle now?

With shim... 4 mm?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    What binder are you comparing against?
    Im sure Im splitting hairs here... what I am use to is 6-8... short boots though. Smoke induced shoulder season debating.

Pivots for alpine. Always shimmed dynafits.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I'd be surprised if the Raiders are more than 10-11mm. BTW, I wouldn't take skimo's measurements as being dead accurate. They agree with some binders I've measured, and not so much with others.

Dynafits range from really flat to about 17mm for the old Verticals. I haven't kept up with their line, however.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Agreed... Tgapp what's your ramp angle now?

With shim... 4 mm?
    It's been a minute since I measured but IIRC that's where it ended up. Totally manageable IMO. And yeah, the risers are not an issue (but I obviously have strong opinions on risers).

+1 on Skimo's measurements being hit or miss. I've seen them totally revise a number of figures on their website. They generally do a great job though, so no complaints here..they just have a lot of products to measure.

Curious to see what the ramp angle on the new ATK Release 10 will be.

My stock order will be arriving in a few days so I'll be able to measure the deltas on the Raider 14's, C-Raider 12's, Raider 12's, Crest 10's/8's & Release 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    It's been a minute since I measured but IIRC that's where it ended up. Totally manageable IMO. And yeah, the risers are not an issue (but I obviously have strong opinions on risers).

+1 on Skimo's measurements being hit or miss. I've seen them totally revise a number of figures on their website. They generally do a great job though, so no complaints here..they just have a lot of products to measure.

I need to comment (so we're using the same language), that their method is great.

Given the variability of boots, they measure from top sheet to the center of the toe pins and heel pins. Note that there's a slight toe pin height change when the boot is engaged, so you should measure it that way (engaged).

In the case of the Tecton and Kingpin of course, one would have to derive the heel pin location (or at least I would).

Their measurements for the Vipec (11.5mm) agreed with mine. Some others ... not so much.

I'm finding that I'm OK with anything from 5-10mm (perhaps lower?). I shimmed my Plum Guides (which are very close to old school Dyna-fiddles @ 17mm or so), to get to 10mm (same range as my RT10s and Vipec Blacks) and I'm fine.

[edit]I was about to compare your Release 10 to the Haute Route, until I remembered that the Rel. 10 has the elastic response base plate.

I'd expect you to be in the range of my RT10s at 10mm ramp delta (31/41). I updated my spreadsheet - realizing I didn't add my RT10s last Spring. For grins, I measured my Salomon Wardens - using my Zero-Gs and measuring to the center of the pin fittings.

The table below, renders well on a laptop browser, but not on my phone. The three columns are Toe Pin, Heel Pin and Delta[/edit]

Binding
    Toe Heel Diff Notes
    Salomon Warden 19.0 24.0 5.0 Measured with Zero-G Guide Pro to toe & heel fittings
    Fritschi Vipec 40.0 51.5 11.5
    Plum Guide 38.0 48.0 10.0 With 7mm toe shims
    ATK RT-10 31.0 41.0 10.0
    ATK Haute Route 30.0 36.5 6.5

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-22-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Where did you find the shims?

Where did you find the shims?
    skimoco.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200923_101046.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	341105

Name:	IMG_20200923_101110.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	341106

hope these pictures help - you can see the slight bit of overhang on where the "wings" of the front brake extend beyond the actual shim. i've never had any issues with that, it's purely a cosmetic thing.

Allow me young man... lol
    Mind you i only use it in the BC. No resort use. Typically do flying dismounts when transitioning.

Front Brake Gripes:

- A Frame carrying skis, the brake cannot be locked down even if you dry fire the front pins. The brake gets snagged on the bag sidewalls and can be a bit of a pain to get it to settle.
    - Spring skiing / corn conditions / icey conditions; i have noticed build up of it under and around the brake after skiing and transitioning to go back uphill, in that i cannot get the brake to engage down and have to remove the ski and start chipping around it.
    -The top plastic housing piece has actually cracked / fallen off twice! I talked to Mike (Hagan) about this
    -The brake when engaged does not tuck the brake arms
    -Precarious transition stances... think the top of the Sickle where space is limited etc. After booting and making delicate / balancy moves to step in, having to make one or two more moves to engage the brake can be a little concerning
    -Just having to engage it in a separate fashion lol
    Yikes, the front brake issues seem fairly significant?

Gripes, not issues ha

Looks like ATK make their jigs in-house

Name:	ATK mounting jig.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	795.5 KB 
ID:	341675

SpyderJon, will you guys be carrying the Haute Route 10? I just bought my wife a pair of them, and I think she'll prolly want another pair. Such a sweet little binding -- I don't know of anything else that offers adjustable lateral and vertical release for under 200g.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    SpyderJon, will you guys be carrying the Haute Route 10?..........
    auvgeek, I wasn't going to stock the Haute Route 10 but I presold a few which arrived today but I think one of the buyers switched their order to another model so I might have a spare set - I'll check tomorrow. I've presold so many ATK's that I've had to place another which will be arriving early Nov so if they're not available I can always get a set added to that delivery. If you're interested then PM me your zip code and I'll get back to you with a shipped price.

galibier_numero_un, re the ATK delta's. I only had time to measure a Release 10 this afternoon but I got 33.5mm for the toe and 41.5mm for the heel, so 8mm difference. The measurements are from the centre of the pins to the underside of the base of the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    galibier_numero_un, re the ATK delta's. I only had time to measure a Release 10 this afternoon but I got 33.5mm for the toe and 41.5mm for the heel, so 8mm difference. The measurements are from the centre of the pins to the underside of the base of the binding.
    thanks Spyderjon!

do you have an approximate idea of what the hole spacing is on the new Release/C-Raider toe? wondering if i can sneak a b&d shim under there; i know the mount pattern is new/wider for this year's bindings. also, do you know if atk will be publishing templates?