Anyone In Niseko?

My husband and I were supposed to go to Niseko a couple of weeks ago and ended up postponing the trip until next year. I read that the government in Hokkaido closed all schools and subsequently asked residents to stay at home due to corona virus. At the same time, the Niseko United website makes no mention of the virus nor any curtailing of its mountain operations. The webcams show the lifts running but only a handful of skiers/riders. Is anyone there now and, if so, can you describe what's happening there? Are restaurants open, is the town quiet, how busy are hotels, etc.? Thanks!

Ski resorts are empty. Heavy rain today and tonight. But it should return to snow soon.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--