Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    sold some deep otm calls to lock in 2x profits on long MFA call position, still have some upside there, just need rates market to stay stable and Fed to keep buying mtgs
    I will be sending you a pm later today or tomorrow with an idea for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    I will be sending you a pm later today or tomorrow with an idea for you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Nice!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

sold some CMA $25 4/17/20 puts today, it was down on an up day and vol still around 100%. i'm thinking vol is going to come down in general after quarter end and the street has more of its gamma back. plus more people will be doing the overwriting stuff.

also flipped some SVXY short VIX etf for a tiny profit today. may try for that each day while VIX is still super elevated.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

bought those CMA puts back for a nice one day profit despite the stock sell-off. nice. not sure why it is down so much over two days, going to let the dust settle on that one.

sold PRU 4/17/20 45 puts during the sell-off today

also shorted VIX this morning buying SVXY and also shorting VXX. not sure the more efficient way to do it. may delta hedge a short SPY position too, think the days of 5% swings per day is past with positioning cleaner

what a difference a week makes. just bought back those DAL 35 calls that I was fretting about for a nickel.

am now short puts on DOW, PRU, T over the next couple weeks struck about 10% below mkt.

selling VXX on the open and covering it several hours has been a good trade though I sat yesterday out.

still think vol is a sale. to chicken to sell strangles unhedged, but I did sell an SPY 4/17 260 call today versus buying 35 SPY contracts. will rebalance at the close each day and see if I can catch a further move lower. pretty cash intensive though, I opened a futures account to see if I can do that way instead

I have worked out of short put positions on all except T for the time being with the market up so much. am short calls on DAL for half position, not enough juice to sell more here. stopped selling VXX on the open with implieds being well under trailing realized. The SPY hedged call sale lost money because of that huge up day last week. i'm out of that at a loss. not much to do unless the market sells off a lot, for me at least.