Ski Crampon Width?

Doing a hut trip in mid-April where ski-crampons are required. I have a set that I bought a few years ago for my Dynafits that I have never used. At the time they were sold out of the 110 mms and I ended up buying the 120 mm. These will be used on a 105mm ski. I tried them on and they don't look too much wider than what I should have. Any of you with experience using these things think that if the crampon is a little to wide is going to be an issue? Or am I going to die!

The extra width adds a lot more torque/load to the crampon bracket but how that stands up to that depends upon the make/model of binding. Early morning in the spring can be pretty icey so if your budget runs to it I'd get a pair of 110's.
    Last edited by Spyderjon; 03-06-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Black diamond helio ski crampons are on sale and they have 108. Pretty sure they are just repainted ATKs and I *think* that's the same as the dynafit style?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The extra width adds a lot more torque/load to the crampon bracket but how that stands up to that depends upon the make/model of binding.[...]
    The crampon can also break where the little bar (steel) attaches to the crampon body (alu) -- unfortunately I discovered this the hard way (using a 100mm crampon when I could have just barely gotten away with 90mm).

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Black diamond helio ski crampons are on sale and they have 108. Pretty sure they are just repainted ATKs and I *think* that's the same as the dynafit style?
    Confirmed on both counts, based on my 86mm model.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

I was ok on a brewer creek approach on Shasta with my dynafit vertical ft12's with 120 mm BandD ski crampons and 106 mm grand teton skis. only used the for 2000-3000 of the approach.

I'd likely buy 110's if I went back (would use same skis).

conditions weren't super hard or icy, just enough that the extra purchase was appreciated.

Many on that skin didn't have ski crampons
    Aggressive in my own mind