Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Uh, yeah. It's Europe. It's part of the vibe there. Maybe it's also why they seem so super chill. I'm a non-smoker and the smoking there never bothered me.

Why are Americans so uptight about it?
    Because I don't like breathing it, it's unpleasant. And it gives me headaches. It's one thing to catch a whiff, it's another when you are trying to enjoy something and there is a steady stream. But to be fair, I don't like campfires for the same reason. Wood smoke does me in. I'm very happy we converted our fireplace to gas.

All that effort to provide travel advise just went out the window with the euro travel ban...Thanks Trump.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

hahaha

Your TDS is showing
    watch out for snakes

Fuck, we just cancelled a bunch of non refundable rooms. Let's see how many ways John Hancock Travel Insurance has not to pay my claims. Rescheduling flights to end of September. How do I get out of the re-booking fees?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Fuck, we just cancelled a bunch of non refundable rooms. Let's see how many ways John Hancock Travel Insurance has not to pay my claims. Rescheduling flights to end of September. How do I get out of the re-booking fees?
    For starters see what the airline does with your flights. My wife had a trip to SE Asia on Korean Air. The tour company and the airline wouldn't let her out of it initially. Eventually KA rescheduled her flight to Seoul for 12 hours later so she would miss her connection and therefore the tour, so that meant she could cancel the flight for a refund. Then they canceled the connecting flight to Bangkok. So instead of this being a non covered cancellation by the passenger it was a covered cancellation by the airline. Of course, Travel Guard could give her shit--I suppose there's a clause in there that could get them off the hook for the tour, but at least the airline has to give her a refund.

Give Trump a call, he has it all under control.

Well aside from single handedly cutting 10% off the market with one sentence last night.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Give Trump a call, he has it all under control.

Well aside from single handedly cutting 10% off the market with one sentence last night.
    Oh, it wasn't one sentence. It was thousands and thousands of tweets.

The tweets are a good part of the 20% drop, the euro travel ban and trade ban caused a massive real time drop in dow futures. True he and/or the WH clarified both, the damage was done.

(Sorry to make this a polyass thread, but it sucks for mags like Liv2Ski and family.)

iscariot

Norwegian just cancelled the flight to and from Yurp, so got a refund. Delta wants to charge me a cancellation fee and Air France will only allow a free reschedule. Pretty sure now that Norwegian cancelled my flight over the trip insurance will have to cover my loses. Here is hoping the world is good by late September, so we can try this again.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Yup, I might be forced to go to México this fall.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yup, I might be forced to go to México this fall.
    Surfing in Cabo is great in October

Supposed to go to Israel in October. We shall see....
    At least my knee will be stronger!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident