Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101
Results 2,501 to 2,514 of 2514
    It handles the mud better than lots of the Shoreline but still. Saw this pic from two weeks ago, prolly not really relevant but still.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ifWgOIOlH02zNFDJ8zlQHzeCPD2NC1OUlW71GfpSu1g-922x2048.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	485193

It can get good when we have a nice couple week thaw. Mid February is the earliest I've hit it though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Went and played on different dirt toys. Looks like winter is coming back but it was a nice break for a day.

I do wish I'd have gone and check out CC though, that dirt looks nice

Name:	20240131_145244~2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	965.8 KB 
ID:	485371
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Went and played on different dirt toys. Looks like winter is coming back but it was a nice break for a day.

I do wish I'd have gone and check out CC though, that dirt looks nice
    Sweet! Delle? I’m assuming EM and cherry creek are still too wet/snowy. I feel partially responsible for this stretch of snow since I drove to Ontario, OR on Thursday for a 300xcw.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Sweet! Delle?
    Delle indeed. My first time out there so I don't know where anything is but the dirt was good, and it was pretty dry. I bet it still rides well, if you need a test ride
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I do wish I'd have gone and check out CC though, that dirt looks nice]
    You're not missing shit. There isn't much rideable above Ghost Falls.

some brown pow and the new new...

Name:	IMG_7317.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	487011

hopefully get some more going soon.

The hits just keep coming...

Name:  private1.PNG
Views: 469
Size:  46.1 KB
    Montani Semper Liberi

It seems like POW Mo just is always on the cusp financially. More people at deer valley.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    The hits just keep coming...

Name:  private1.PNG
Views: 469
Size:  46.1 KB
    If much rather it be closed outright then to deal with all the detours and closures that we've seen at Solid and DV over the past few years.

Ironic this announcement is after they have said that "we will be as good as Deer Valley in 5 years".........

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    If much rather it be closed outright then to deal with all the detours and closures that we've seen at Solid and DV over the past few years.
    Not me, I feel like that place soaks up 30+% of the weekend crowd and 50+% of the week day high school team traffic. If they stay closed completely the crowds elsewhere locally will be epic, or ikonic.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Ironic this announcement is after they have said that "we will be as good as Deer Valley in 5 years".........
    Most people probably aren't going to interpret that the way they're thinking they will.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Not me, I feel like that place soaks up 30+% of the weekend crowd and 50+% of the week day high school team traffic. If they stay closed completely the crowds elsewhere locally will be epic, or ikonic.
    I'm sure it took some kids and beaters off the trails, but if I spent 45 minutes driving somewhere to ride only to find a backhoe in the middle of my trail, I'd be pissed.

Was it last year, or the year before when that dude nose dived into the construction at the base of PCMR? That airlift must have been pricey.

Trail status was kept pretty up to date on their web site last season, there were occasional closures for maintenance etc. The concern I have is for the future for mountain biking for the public, as well as the bike park.

For context in the direction the new owner is heading, lift access to 30% of the mountain will be taken away from the public next ski season. Reed Hastings is focusing on only two things - preparing to sell a ton of real estate and massive lift infrastructure projects to tout to the potential buyers. The statement about XC trails being open "whenever feasible" doesn't really give me any warm fuzzies. The Brim XC loop is by far the most popular trail and runs smack through most of where the new home site development is taking place.

The El Doce race was cancelled months ago before any of the other announcements were made. I'm sure the NICA races will be impacted. The summer park crew was informed of their termination on Monday morning (via their payroll app) only an hour before the social media announcement came out. Just saw a Powder Mag article today where they pressed them on the reinstatement of the bike park for 2025, and they dodged the question. Not getting good vibes from any of this.
    Montani Semper Liberi