Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Anybody have a used 29 inch wheel (boost/xd/6 bolt) they’re looking to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    Anybody have a used 29 inch wheel (boost/xd/6 bolt) they’re looking to sell?
    I do not know anything about Xd 6 or whatnot. But I do have stock 29 wheel set from my 2013 cannon dale trigger 3. I can send pics if you pm me your email if you think that will work. Cheap to you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I do not know anything about Xd 6 or whatnot. But I do have stock 29 wheel set from my 2013 cannon dale trigger 3. I can send pics if you pm me your email if you think that will work. Cheap to you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m guessing that’s 12x142, not 12x148, but thanks anyway.

Chased a bobcat down a trail Saturday evening. Stopped after about fifty yards because the thing just kept going down the trail and I didn't want to cause it harm.

On to unrelated, another kid OTB and with broken arm. When you take your family down this path, the consequences are tough at times. Thank goodness it didn't get him worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Some guy assaulted my kid on Ricochet over the weekend after he crashed missing them. The hikers on down hill only trails thing is getting out of hand.
    JFC. I assume you weren't there? If I was with my kid in that situation I'd probably end up in jail. Hikers on designated bike-only DH trails deserve to be run over.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Yeah, there’s some aggro behavior in pc this weekend, my lady rode Armstrong crest canyons and while waiting for a friend at the bottom of pine cone come guy comes down huffing and shaking his head saying, “you know, you’d avoid all the downhill riders if you went up jennis to blazing saddles, that’s the better way”
    Fuck that guy. Pinecone shuttlers are one tiny step above hikers on designated DH trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    then two other women asked her friend where they were from and when they said salt lake they very were coarse and rudely said “oh so you’re up here poaching our trails”
    There was an op-Ed in the park record recently stating that there should be a trail fee for all non-summit county residents, as the SLC folks just don’t spend any money in park city.
    Riiiight, because none of those people ride CC, Bobsled/SLC BST, Moab, or St. George in the shoulder seasons. Surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    JFC. I assume you weren't there? If I was with my kid in that situation I'd probably end up in jail. Hikers on designated bike-only DH trails deserve to be run over.

Fuck that guy. Pinecone shuttlers are one tiny step above hikers on designated DH trails.

Riiiight, because none of those people ride CC, Bobsled/SLC BST, Moab, or St. George in the shoulder seasons. Surely.
    I ride pine cone down a lot but always pedal there. I also prefer the Jenni’s/two steps/ three candles/keystone shadow lake/ puke hill approach. Way less strava dick bags. Pine cone is the primary reason my bike has a bell. Strava dorks are below hikers on DH trails. Fuckers never seem to be having any fun. Just racing their phone

[QUOTE=Dantheman;6039582]JFC. I assume you weren't there? If I was with my kid in that situation I'd probably end up in jail. Hikers on designated bike-only DH trails deserve to be run over.

I wasn't with him. I was getting on my bike to go hunt down the couple and realized that I would just end up in jail if I did find them. You just can't go wide open on anything anymore. You need to assume the possibility someone is behind the next blind corner, down hill or not.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I ride pine cone down a lot but always pedal there. I also prefer the Jenni’s/two steps/ three candles/keystone shadow lake/ puke hill approach. Way less strava dick bags. Pine cone is the primary reason my bike has a bell. Strava dorks are below hikers on DH trails. Fuckers never seem to be having any fun. Just racing their phone
    OK, maybe that was a bit harsh, though I assume you don't bitch about the uphill traffic the whole way down. Regardless, Pincecone is one of the most popular climbs in the Wasatch and will be until the end of time. Vocally announcing your exasperation with the uphill traffic on it, on a weekend, is objectively pathetic.

Everyone be careful and watch out for those rocks at the one area that has rocks on road to WOS

you may find yourself like me thinking there is a better line than the one you last took, but end up plunging your front wheel straight into the 1 big rock, flying OTB down the embankment ~15 feet, and having to put the bike on your shoulder and use your other hand to pull the brush like a rope to climb back up to the trail.

Luckily the landing is super plush with all that nice green shrubbery so I ended up with a cut face and knee, but the bike didn't fare so well. Once I was back on the trail noticed I had broken off my rear brake lever and bent my bares. Shimano levers are backordered until mid September so ended up having to buy a new brake at Guthrie last night

Also, anyone know where to park for that new trail that drops lower into summit park? checked out where the paved road turns to dirt at toll canyon but no parking signs everywhere.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

The great thing about moto trails is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	336360

You won’t ever show up to the trailhead to 1,000,000,000,000 kids racing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3012.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	336361

Really try hard to not get pissy about kids being into bikes but man they make it tough sometimes.

Edit: it’s really mostly my fault for not doing a little research to find out where the Tuesday night spandex spin off is this week.
    Last edited by dfinn; 08-04-2020 at 06:26 PM.

It’s the midweek series. A lot more middle aged spandexes than kids. But yes, a big group.
    Last edited by Canada1; 08-05-2020 at 10:01 AM.

I blame these races for my injury.
    Well, I blame karma which came for me because I made fun of a racer at the Solitude mini enduro.

I was following a pack of bros during one of their transitions, they were moving along pretty slow (cause enduro) and I was grumbling about having to pass people who couldn't hear me cause they were too busy telling each other how rad they were. One of them lost the front wheel in a short off-camber downhill turn and I laughed at him when he slid off in the grass.
    A week later the same spot in the trail was bottomless moondust from all the traffic. Karma saw me coming, kicked my front wheel off the trail in the exact same spot, and snapped bones in my wrist to teach me not to be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    The great thing about moto trails is

You won’t ever show up to the trailhead to 1,000,000,000,000 kids racing .
    To be fair, that's also one of the most popular mtb trailheads in Northern Utah, particularly when it's super hot in summer

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Also, anyone know where to park for that new trail that drops lower into summit park? checked out where the paved road turns to dirt at toll canyon but no parking signs everywhere.
    Are you talking about the No Worries trail? I just park at one of the normal summit park trailheads and bike over to it. Its a 8.5 mile, 1500 vert loop when you do short stack, wos and no worries as a loop. Makes for a nice 1-1.5 hr ride.

Yeah, I blew it on several levels I guess. I was just trying to take the wife and dogs on a chill loop. She had never ridden spiro and with the heat we didn't want to take the dogs on too long of a ride. It actually was pretty dead on the trails, maybe because everyone was racing. After finishing up that short loop with them I went back up and rode MH and RB and didn't see any other people.

I did a loop off the top that evening, EE and DF to mid mountain and Corvair twice and saw a total of four other bikes. If you get to a crowded trailhead up here, go to another. If you get to a trailhead with kids in black and pink, keep your head on a swivel. Those kids have plowed into me twice this year!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    To be fair, that's also one of the most popular mtb trailheads in Northern Utah, particularly when it's super hot in summer
    Not for long, heh.

I did a loop off the top that evening, EE and DF to mid mountain and Corvair
    Rumors of DV ripping out the upper EE jumps were unfounded?

Yes, the trail is actually in better shape than most years at this point. Dust is only 2” deep!

Dust is only 2” deep!
    aka "Wasatch tacky"

surfs up out there, lots of 2 wheel drifting. I slammed into a tree pretty good on MH.

Went for a shady side ride down lower yesterday. Bit hot, not as bad as I would have thought.
    No worse than up high with sun.
    Crazy how even the more social/obscure trails where overflowing like covid on cruise ship a month or so ago. Think all the early foot traffic must have helped (?) Buff and quiet with the canyon migration complete. Guess foothills/upper foothills are always a ghost town this time of year but it was spooky weird.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Guardsman must be a spectacular shitshow today with the I-80 closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Guardsman must be a spectacular shitshow today with the I-80 closure.
    Via facebook

Name:  IMG_2709.JPG
Views: 412
Size:  132.5 KB

Holy shit, what an idiot. Definitely for the best that he got stuck there, getting farther would only have made his life worse.

It just took me 2 hours to get home from SLC. Just go through heber