Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2522
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Oh damn! I did something similar a few years ago on Empire. Got a nice look at my tibia and 14 stitches total (6 internal, 8 external). Thankfully the PC Instacare was able to hook me up and I avoided the ER.
    Thanks for the positive thoughts Dan. 7 stiches and a gash in my shin. Taking it easy while I heal up. I wish I could say it was on a extreme trail. But it wasn't. It's the backside trail on glenwild. I just drifted off the.main line and the ground / off trail was loose and my front tire twisted out at medium.speed and I went down hard. I'll be back on the bike soon!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

If you were going to ride something near Logan next weekend, would you go with the Herd Hollow/Richards Hollow loop or the Rick's Canyon/Bear Hollow/Steel Canyon loop?
    We did the Ricks/Steel loop and it was outstanding. The climb could be described as idyllic. Perfect width and grade singletrack through an aspen-filled meadow for miles. A little grunty at the end but nothing worse than the punchy spots on Peak View. Steel Canyon descent was awesome. Fast and flowy with lots of rocks and roots, a bit reminiscent of a shortened Doctor Park.

Had to skip the Bear Hollow singletrack but even the FR056 connector was nice riding with great views. Adding in Bear Hollow would make this a 5/5 ride. Not sure how well conditions hold up later in the summer.

Are lunch at Elements after which was also excellent and highly recommended.

Last edited by Dantheman; 06-12-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Took the pup up to the slate creek train in Kamas. We rode pretty slow (very slow) so not to blast the dog with heat today (hotter than NOAA predicted in Kamas at 10am, by alot). Anyway, trail is really fun, nice alternative to other things, and they are building more from the top, up higher. Downsides are it’s already super dusty and the cows are in there and there’s shit all over the descent. Spent 3 hours cleaning bikes today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Return from COVID ride in PC last Friday, first time up there this season. Damn shit's dry already... I was hoping to catch Black Forest in good conditions before the hordes descend upon it from 9k, no such luck. The fucker looks like a dry version of the Leogang woods, just a series of gigantic holes.
    Rode some off the map skidders starting from Keystone and all the way down to the base, some quality work in there, whoever's putting those in likes things steep!

The plague has me running at about 75% lung capacity right now, made the slog from Big Mountain to the Knuckle quite painful yesterday. Knuckle is quite dry already and slippery as shit expect from one patch of deep and stinky mud at the bottom.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ...some quality work in there...
    shhhh....but, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    shhhh....but, thanks!
    If it's your work, congrats, and many thanks!
    I was surprised to see the stuff on Strava which is how I found it in the first place. Heat maps are real dangerous in the era of spray and people who don't understand the need to keep things quiet.
    I saw a bunch of stuff connecting into what I did which has not been exposed yet, hiked back up a couple sections just to get a feel for them, good stuff! If you happened to want to PM me about it or even give me the tour I wouldn't say no and would bring beers aplenty

Running that stuff for the first time is so rad when you have no idea what to expect. The only thing that really spooked me is the big step down near the bottom. I didn't expect it, didn't see it coming, and didn't have a chance to stop on the ball bearing dust. Biggest drop I've done to date and I wish I had been ready for it. Bottomed everything out, fork, shock, ankles... The wildlife in the area learned some choice new words.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

If you happened to want to PM me about it or even give me the tour I wouldn't say no and would bring beers aplenty
    Count me in on this request!

I was surprised to see the stuff on Strava which is how I found it in the first place. Heat maps are real dangerous in the era of spray and people who don't understand the need to keep things quiet.
    I genuinely thought the PC authorities stopped caring about rogue trail building long ago. There are already so many unsanctioned trails that have been on Trailforks for years and no one seems to care.

If it's your work, congrats, and many thanks!
    I saw a bunch of stuff connecting into what I did which has not been exposed yet, hiked back up a couple sections just to get a feel for them, good stuff! If you happened to want to PM me about it or even give me the tour I wouldn't say no and would bring beers aplenty

Running that stuff for the first time is so rad when you have no idea what to expect. The only thing that really spooked me is the big step down near the bottom. I didn't expect it, didn't see it coming, and didn't have a chance to stop on the ball bearing dust. Biggest drop I've done to date and I wish I had been ready for it. Bottomed everything out, fork, shock, ankles... The wildlife in the area learned some choice new words.
    haha awesome!...All good man! Yeah theres really no way to keep things a secret anymore...but that was never really my intention, Im glad people are riding them and enjoying the trails, got nothing but positive feedback! Totally fine with word of mouth.

Not giving away specifics on the web and keeping it off STRAVA and Heatmaps would be nice, but it is what it is...its the day and age we live in, not going to try and fight it. I mean pretty much everything is on Heatmaps now...All LCC stuff, Mikes, Mooseknuckle, Brighton stuff, Guardsmans etc..

Even with peeps posting nondescript vids and pics its easy to find stuff using Google Earth... Guess the only way to keep something a secret is to build a trail and not tell any of your friends...but what fun would that be.

Shoot me a PM, ill most likely be getting a bike haul pass would be fun to ride a few laps.

That top most section really feels like you're controlled falling into that first right hand catch berm. One of those feelings where you are absolutely terrified and holding on but giggling like a schoolgirl when you smack that berm successfully.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    That top most section really feels like you're controlled falling into that first right hand catch berm. One of those feelings where you are absolutely terrified and holding on but giggling like a schoolgirl when you smack that berm successfully.
    I need to find this. Luckily it's all on Boissal's Strava!

I might need to find some people to carpool with this summer. The price of gas has me pretty unenthused about driving to PC. I rode Mill D on Sunday and realized that even that was a $10 trip. A drive to PC in my truck currently costs $25, oofta.

Ditto. I know the route and would take you, but I'm taking the summer off from super rowdy stuff after my shoulder injury last summer and a hunt planned that I can't end up hurt before.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

PC is riding amazing. Went up last night for a quick run and the berms were unreal!!! Probably good through the week then dust returns this weekend....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CB846C9-B86C-41A9-9139-FBF87F1D997F.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	418932
    Last edited by TheK12; 06-15-2022 at 12:32 PM.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

PSA: Parrish Creek is a really really good descent.

I need to find this. Luckily it's all on Boissal's Strava!
    Figured the cat's out of the bag now but I kept it to just my followers. Which is a grand total of maybe 40

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    PSA: Parrish Creek is a really really good descent.
    Top 1/2 is all time uh? So fast and somehow never super sketch. I personally thought the bottom was pretty mungy, standard off camber foothill nonsense, but definitely worth doing when it's in good shape.
    Wonder how long it stays good though, I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of vert when it's all blown out.

Rode BearTrap last night, probably the best conditions I've ever had in there. The grip was unreal, you could actually control the bike on the upper free-fall section and the bottom was pure joy.
    There are a bunch of trees down in the 2nd half which saved me from arm pump and the inevitable overstoke-induced explosion.

Crest from PukeHill to BT had 3 patches of snow left in the usual spot. Cold as hell at 7PM, I had numb fingers and was wishing for a jacket. Riding straight into the sun on the best dirt ever was unbelievable though, feels so good to be back up high.
    Spotted a fat porcupine on the way there, watched it scurry away with its spiky booty, what a day...

Figured the cat's out of the bag now but I kept it to just my followers. Which is a grand total of maybe 40
    Quoting myself here to confirm this statement. Saw no fewer than 15 people on mar123's trails last night. Seems like everyone I ran into on the approach ended up riding there. Big trains of people, bottlenecks around blind corners or in the runouts of jumps, I almost creamed a dude who had stopped right after the stepdown and was spraying to his bros standing right on the trail. Turns out gaper behavior is universal, on skis or on the bike fools will be camping behind features where they can't be seen.

Looks like the run of good dirt and perfect temps may come to an end. Listen to your governor people, play for rain, we need it to keep the trails dreamy.... errr, the reservoir fulls and the lawns green I mean.

Wow, and I thought the hoardes of slowpokes in Draper last night were bad. Time go hide in Beartrap, Days, Honey and Silver for the rest of the summer. If those get busy all hope is lost.

Hopefully the monsoon delivers like it did last summer. Summer 2021 had some truly epic days.

Wow, and I thought the hoardes of slowpokes in Draper last night were bad. Time go hide in Beartrap, Days, Honey and Silver for the rest of the summer. If those get busy all hope is lost.

Hopefully the monsoon delivers like it did last summer. Summer 2021 had some truly epic days.
    So much of what I moved here to escape is becoming the new reality here. Broke a rib thursday night and now am finally getting to the point I can get back on and pedal. At least the bikers I'm running into lately are really trying to
    go out of their way be polite!

Quoting myself here to confirm this statement. Saw no fewer than 15 people on mar123's trails last night. Seems like everyone I ran into on the approach ended up riding there. Big trains of people, bottlenecks around blind corners or in the runouts of jumps, I almost creamed a dude who had stopped right after the stepdown and was spraying to his bros standing right on the trail. Turns out gaper behavior is universal, on skis or on the bike fools will be camping behind features where they can't be seen.

Looks like the run of good dirt and perfect temps may come to an end. Listen to your governor people, play for rain, we need it to keep the trails dreamy.... errr, the reservoir fulls and the lawns green I mean.
    ^haha....to be fair it was a pow day, but lets keep it moving folks Its Full on bike season.... expect a lot more riders on the trails, stay clear of landings...be safe out there!!!

Saw one rider at Canyons last nite, Insurgent was actually moist.

2 Free tix to the TGR MTB movie at Red Butte tonight. PM me if you wan them!

EDIT: Tix have been claimed!
    Last edited by TheK12; 06-16-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: tix claimed!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    2 Free tix to the TGR MTB movie at Red Butte tonight. PM me if you wan them!

EDIT: Tix have been claimed!
    Thanks man. My mentee grom is stoked. Good fucking karma to you.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

These Herban Empire guys are pretty good. A friend's daughter is in the movie so this is extra cool.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-16-2022 at 07:47 PM.

These Herban Empire guys are pretty good. A friend's daughter is in the movie so this is extra cool.
    Where you guys sitting? We're pretty much right in front of the sound booth

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Insurgent might have been the best I've ridden it on Wednesday...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Thanks man. My mentee grom is stoked. Good fucking karma to you.

Hey, stop taking pictures of me!

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    ^haha....to be fair it was a pow day, but lets keep it moving folks Its Full on bike season.... expect a lot more riders on the trails, stay clear of landings...be safe out there!!!

Saw one rider at Canyons last nite, Insurgent was actually moist.
    Got to set tires on some of your steeps yesterday and they are awesome! Thank you Mar123! Your commitment and results are inspiring! Really good stuff!

I'm Sam F, I think we have a mutual friend I've seen in some of your pics, Alex M. Hope to share a shred with you some time!

I hid my strava track
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air