Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Huh, i know you can archery hunt up on the USFS land, however you're not allowed to hunt within draper city limits. I'd hazard a guess that that guy was way off the mark in being in Corner Canyon. I hunt a lot but make sure to know exactly where i can and can't be, especially around populated and well used trail systems.
    Any discharge if firearms or archery equipment is prohibited in Draper City limits. He'd would have to have been way the fuck up by JL to be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Any discharge if firearms or archery equipment is prohibited in Draper City limits. He'd would have to have been way the fuck up by JL to be legal.
    ^True, my neighbor and upstairs roommate have hunted in that area, hunting with a bow can be tricky you might shoot the deer in the legal hunting zone but time it wonders off and bleeds out(if its a bad shot) etc it might end up in the city limits/bike trails....sometimes they have to come back the next day to find it. I would just give them the benefit of the doubt if you see them within city limits with a kill.

Rode some genuine hero dirt this afternoon for the first time in years. I grew up riding in redwood forests in nor-cal which is like Utah for brown pow, and it was incredible to ride conditions similar to prime nor-cal today. I didn't ski as a kid when I got to ride great dirt all the time, but now I get the term "brown pow." The trails are so smooth and you have incredible traction letting you ride way faster than normal, leaning hard into corners and scrubbing speed quickly and easily. There was also mud, snow and ice today, but I'll remember the hero dirt for a long time.

Anyone ride in Park City yesterday, specifically Bob's Basin or RV trails? Have a window today before it starts raining again so hoping to get out for a quick lunch loop.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Anyone ride in Park City yesterday, specifically Bob's Basin or RV trails? Have a window today before it starts raining again so hoping to get out for a quick lunch loop.
    Probably too late since the next round of weather is incoming but low-mid elevation PC was in prime condition today, and S facing high elevation is all-time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	388675

Name:	IMG_2089.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	388676

Name:	IMG_2090.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	388677

proper lovely out there today

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Probably too late since the next round of weather is incoming but low-mid elevation PC was in prime condition today, and S facing high elevation is all-time
    Yeah... things are going to change after the next couple of days but then hopefully "warm back up" to the 60s. Will be interesting to see what it looks like this weekend after a few days of sunshine.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

As of this morning dry creek-bob sled is 98% tacky and 2% glue, just on the steep grassy knoll. Rain rut is gnarly as ever.

I can’t say I’ve seen this before. I couldn’t figure out why there were always hikers coming up the lower 19th ave downhill trail (Morris meadows to city creek). Well this sign would explain it! I’m pretty sure it was closed to uphill travel most of the summer. Now it’s “just be careful” someone might be flying down the trail, good luck. Someone is going to get hurt. Bikers are assuming it’s downhill only based on the sign at the top. And the fact that there’s an uphill only trail just up the road.

Name:  151A3ABD-B25D-464D-B071-0673C1C9C816.jpeg
Views: 650
Size:  212.0 KB

On a positive note, the dirt is great right now and with the vegetation thinning out, visibility is good.

That is insane. What muppet thought that was good idea?

Spent a lot of time at I Street this weekend, rode 4.5 hrs Saturday and another 2.5 hours yesterday. I recorded 13 miles and almost 2,800 vert of silly fun and I'm pretty sure my son did more laps than I did. When I think about things I'd miss the most if I moved away I Street is high on the list. Here's a clip of the kiddo and one of his buds. I need to cut together the other stuff I shot.

Is this the new bike only descent into City Creek? My gf was riding it saturday, came up behind a trail runner descending the trail, said bikes back, and the guy said "FUCK YOU". She slowed down, asked to pass, he said FUCK YOU, runners have been using this trail for years.

They get to the bottom and he apologized for his actions, but that sign probably isnt helping. The whole situation up there is kind of a joke.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

"Kind of" a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    I can’t say I’ve seen this before. I couldn’t figure out why there were always hikers coming up the lower 19th ave downhill trail (Morris meadows to city creek). Well this sign would explain it! I’m pretty sure it was closed to uphill travel most of the summer. Now it’s “just be careful” someone might be flying down the trail, good luck. Someone is going to get hurt. Bikers are assuming it’s downhill only based on the sign at the top. And the fact that there’s an uphill only trail just up the road.

Name:  151A3ABD-B25D-464D-B071-0673C1C9C816.jpeg
Views: 650
Size:  212.0 KB

On a positive note, the dirt is great right now and with the vegetation thinning out, visibility is good.
    Yeah. Very stupid idea. I didn’t see hardly any hikers there all summer then about powderized this dude and his tiny dog, then another guy a couple turns down the trail. It’s a terrible idea, I assumed there was no hiking at all because of the earlier sign, then they change it to this? What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Yeah. Very stupid idea. I didn’t see hardly any hikers there all summer then about powderized this dude and his tiny dog, then another guy a couple turns down the trail. It’s a terrible idea, I assumed there was no hiking at all because of the earlier sign, then they change it to this? What could possibly go wrong?

Tyler.fonarow@slcgov.com is the man I’ve been told is the one to talk to.

Lots of people want to use the trails around here, and everyone wants to feel like they’re included in the plans of new trails.

Guess we all need to find a way to coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Lots of people want to use the trails around here, and everyone wants to feel like they’re included in the plans of new trails.

Guess we all need to find a way to coexist.
    The only way we can coexist in the foothills is with separate trails for hikers/runners and downhill bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    The only way we can coexist in the foothills is with separate trails for hikers/runners and downhill bikes
    This, and I just got an email from our boy Tyler with trails. It seems the city agrees, the sign that's up right now is temporary. The original no uphill/no hiking sign was stolen, and its replacement should be up this week. Lots of signs are being vandalized and stolen up there. Some douchebag also knocked over one of the fences at the top of the middle downhill. Some people's kids....

cool running bros are worse than cool mtb bros

What if you are a runner and a biker though? Do you get off your bike and try to run past him? Would he let you pass then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Spent a lot of time at I Street this weekend....When I think about things I'd miss the most if I moved away I Street is high on the list. Here's a clip of the kiddo and one of his buds. I need to cut together the other stuff I shot.
    yeah Dan! ....its def I-street season(still)...the level of progression up there over the last few years is crazy! So many people throwing down from the groms to seasoned vets....all in all peeps riding and having a good time.

Just an old dude trying to keep it rubber side down, first time hitting $$$ today!
    Name:  IMG_9260.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  257.2 KB

Nice! Not sure I'll ever have the balls for that one.

The jump jam last weekend was pretty cool. So many people going huge. Sometimes I still can't believe the city made it an official bike park instead of destroying it to build water tanks.

The kiddo officially has bigger balls than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The kiddo officially has bigger balls than me.

FKNA

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    FKNA
    first shot does that jump justice...so sick! think I saw a few of you guys out there today...lil dudes are next level! so thankful for the community of riders up there and a place that provides a legit pathway for progression! keeps getting better every year!

And he did it with style! So cool.