Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I was thinking about doing a P2P ride in around a month starting at the base of Farmington Cyn, riding up to the top, go south on Skyline Dr and take the GWT to Big Mtn Pass. From there, depending on energy levels, take MoPi or Sheep Trail and maybe extend into Lambs, up and over Lambs Canyon Pass and into Millcreek. Do it after the snow melts but before Skyline Dr opens to vehicles. Would love some company
    seems like you could do it as a loop from the city if you took the shoreline up to farmington. start at the zoo, drop back down mopi and down emi...

if my new fancy bike is ready by then I would give it a try, I gotta be at 10k / 70mi shape by july anyway, and I love a good sufferfest. I'm not dragging my current POS though.

Off topic but anyone know if a shop in the SLC valley stocks OneUp components? Authorized dealer of sorts? My dropper shat the bed, won't stay up or down, and I suspect the cartridge is blown. I took it apart, cleaned it, rebuilt it, the problem is definitely with the cartridge, not the actuator. The fucker hold pressure fine but can compressed and will return to full extension with the actuator rod out...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Salt Cycles carries their suff. OneUp is really awesome to deal with, you can just give them a call and tell them what’s going on. Most likely they will send you new parts for free.
    Last edited by dfinn; 05-01-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Salt Cycles carries their suff. They are also really awesome to deal with, you can just give them a call and tell them what’s going on. Most likely they will send you new parts for free.
    Thansk, I called and they're out of stock, same @ Suspension Syndicate so I bought one from OneUp and it should get here on Tuesday. Gives me a few days to put some token effort into the garden and the new chicken coop and get out of the house with Ms Boissal.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4871.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	373731

Good dirt

Name:	IMG_4874.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	373732

SICK!!!!!
    Love me some LCC trail. I assume snow gets deep somewhere above the ruins and below the Tanners entrance? Need to get my ass up there tonight, hopefully with an actual dropper cause the rigid post would certainly complicate riding this chunder.

I think I was pretty close to Tanners when I turned around. I actually ran out of time, wasn't because of snow but I did talk to some other guys coming down who said it was pretty snowy just above where I turned around (top of the short punchy climb above the rock chute).

Name:	arcy_gw.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	710.7 KB 
ID:	373783

Some good things happening up at Arcylon. New green trail and a new double black trail...New double black Trail is done and in the process of being tuned up/drying out from the winter. It should be ready to ride very soon... Tested out a few jumps on it and its going to be way fun/big!

Also word on the street is the Arcylon trail itself is going to get a rebuild/tweak....but as it stands now the trail has been tuned up and is running great!

Not sure where the official TH parking is/going to be... but there is parking available now at the bottom of the trail on Discovery rd. Not sure if access will change when construction picks up but as of now its pretty quiet up there.

Took the dogs for a hike on the new trail in the Uintas. Not the most exciting trail but I think it's going to be pretty popular and hopefully there will be more coming.

^^^ Where is that being built? Can't seem to find any info online.

Can't remember who posted about Parrish or one of the other mega DH trails which drop off Skyline recently?
    A buddy mentioned going up there on Sat despite knowing full well it was still snowed in. Sounded like a proper sandbag with a high probability of shenanigans so I immediately signed up.
    The up is quite pleasant for 10 miles of dirt road. Wide, never steep, if it weren't for the dumb fuckers on motos who feel the need to heckle and dust bikers I'd even call it fun. The ATV crowd was super nice, giving us a wide berth and slowing way down at least.

Snow-wise I's say we were about 2 weeks early, had to push the bikes through just over 1 mile of snow on the N and NW-facing section of the Ward Canyon road. Fortunately it was completely supportable despite our 2PM alpine start. Skyline proper was 95% rideable heading north with the shoulder clear of snow. Some snow in the switchback and the upper flats of Parrish but it cleared out fast. The upper half is all-time fun, feels like it was built for bikes. The lower half is mega-loose off-camber exposed twisty stuff, the worst of the worst surface I've ridden but fun in a perverse sort of way. 3800' of perfect down is way too much to ask for anyway.
    N Hollbrook is next but that's at least 2 more weeks out to access via Ward canyon, maybe longer.

Name:	PXL_20210508_222458830.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	374152

Name:	PXL_20210508_233256058_2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	374153

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Can't remember who posted about Parrish or one of the other mega DH trails which drop off Skyline recently?
    That was me, HAB'ed up N Holbrook from the bottom. Made it 2,200' up before hitting snow. The part I rode was awesome, none of the switchbackyness that Parrish gets into lower down, pure rippin'. Be sure to take the unmapped right fork about half a mile from the bottom (if you're going fast you'll probably take it naturally). Assuming the upper half is comparable it must be a fantastic descent from the top.

Elevation profile looks flatter than optimal.

If nothing else it will be a good dog loop, good length for that and there's a couple of creeks nearby for them to swim in afterwards.

Thanks for the beta.
    It was really fun even with the miles of pushing on snow. No traffic past the gate, cool temps, rad view, and awesome riding. I'm always pumped to ride something new even it it blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That was me, HAB'ed up N Holbrook from the bottom. Made it 2,200' up before hitting snow. The part I rode was awesome, none of the switchbackyness that Parrish gets into lower down, pure rippin'. Be sure to take the unmapped right fork about half a mile from the bottom (if you're going fast you'll probably take it naturally). Assuming the upper half is comparable it must be a fantastic descent from the top.
    Thanks for more beta, I'll report back when I go snow-bike up there in a few days cause I'm too impatient to wait!

If nothing else it will be a good dog loop, good length for that and there's a couple of creeks nearby for them to swim in afterwards.
    For sure. It's definitely good to see new trails going in in that area regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Thanks for more beta, I'll report back when I go snow-bike up there in a few days cause I'm too impatient to wait!
    Subscribed!

Second Water trail (cottonwood) is good to go from diamond fork road to Center Trail. If it's a trail you like, get it before it turns to moon dust. Center trail still has large patches of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Second Water trail (cottonwood) is good to go from diamond fork road to Center Trail. If it's a trail you like, get it before it turns to moon dust. Center trail still has large patches of snow.
    How's the riding down there? As in what would you compare it in the SL or UT valley? Haven't set foot in that canyon for years, I think I need to remedy that.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

It’s really good, mostly fast and flowy with a few chunky sections. Opportunities to put together some very big loops. At least that’s been my experience from riding the moto down there. Some really phenomenal sections of trail.

You can connect it with the Hobble Creek trails as well for less driving and more pedaling.

anyone know the rough timeline on dry creek being downhill-bike-only?

Not until they cut the new climb trail. Sounds like lots of folks are not thrilled with the new trails in the city creek area. Haven't ridden them myself, but anyone know who they hired to build em?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone know the rough timeline on dry creek being downhill-bike-only?
    Is that the plan? There's flagging tape on a bunch of spots down low but it seems like a weird spot to put a 2nd trail. Unless both trails are parallel to each other the whole way.
    The new section which starts on top of Dry Creek proper is looking interesting, I thought it would bench out more but it's pretty consistently uphill from what I can see. The little backhoe they're using for that work is currently on top of puke hill, looks like they drove it in from the other side (up the dirt road then along Shoreline heading south), I wonder if they're going to start working from there to meet with the newly built section. Maybe the goal of that whole operation is to create something more consistent and bypass puke hill?

Edit - looked at the masterplan. Dry Creek downhill only with a new shared used uphill option that more or less parallels it, no changes to top of Dry Creek to Bobsled, (which goes downhill only), new directionals up (that's the new branch currently being built from the top of Dry Creek) and down to/from Twin Peaks. LimeKiln goes to foot traffic only.
    Stay out of the S Fork of Dry Creek, that one's my pet project!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Not until they cut the new climb trail. Sounds like lots of folks are not thrilled with the new trails in the city creek area. Haven't ridden them myself, but anyone know who they hired to build em?
    New trails aren't stellar but they aren't bad either. The 19th ave stuff is certainly more interesting than the old options which were fast but really uninteresting. The jumps are a bit weird, most are short-ish doubles then you run into a massively long one or into a series of 4 whoops that are super hard to nail at speed. I guess people are bent cause none of the stuff is steep high-speed super-smooth Instahero material stuff but given the area and the dirt I'd say they did just about as well as they could.

^kind of what I figured. theres a lot of crying going on about old trails lost, but, i think that type of trail is exactly what's needed, helps keep the super intimated or newbies off bobsled, spreads users out, etc.
    Yes, current dry creek will be DH only, new climb trail apparently going in on the south side of the canyon.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Trading shitty old hiking trails for unremarkable new biking trail is not the most appealing tradeoff but the directional aspect is a massive net positive.
    I'll ride the same old loops for years and shit a brick if you make me change my habits but will forget all about it within 5 rides on the new stuff. Adapt or perish I guess.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

a bunch of old people and dog walkers are mad about some stuff going dh bikes only, lol. it’s a real shame the public comment period was a measly 2 years or whatever.

anyway yeah… the new trails are a lot better than dodging old people every 100 yards. I had missed the dry creek descent going dh only on the original trail plan, that’s great I think. 19 ave is fine, whatever, not any worse than what it replaces and with no human obstacles. below that meadow it kinda sucks, but it always sucked below the meadow, whatever.

hell of a lot better than what my buddy rides out of his back door on the front range and it’s all my stoked beater skill level so I’m pretty psyched. a loop from the zoo with 19ave and dry creek directional descents is way better than the old situation…

I got all riled up reading about complaining about the new trails RIGHT before i rode them today for the first time. I mean I wasn't expecting jumps and replacing the steep uphill with too tight switchbacks is welcome, how bad could they be?

Welp, they are not great and not sustainable either. Oh well. One way options are awesome though, and life goes on. Just wish some love and care was put into them. No need for a long rant, it's just another trail...