Views:	63 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	386801
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	386802

Damn Phall, every time I ride the spine I have a fleeting moment of fear about what would happen if I stuffed the front wheel in one of the holes and went flying into the rocks. Glad to hear you were able to walk out MillD at least, eating shit in a mess of rocks could end more poorly...

I did a tour de leaves Sat, started at UOP for a mid mountain traverse with the goal of looping with Crest and possibly finishing in Pinecrest. The legs were more or less willing but my shifter shat the bed right after topping out on Puke Hill, leaving me with only the 3 hardest gears. I didn't feel like tackling the Crest climbs that way and finishing in the pitch dark so I retreated down Pinecone/Spiro and finished on pavement. Leaves were out of this world, awesome to see the transition from UOP area which is mostly red with yellow stripes (scrub oak with lines of aspens) to the shadow lake area is is one giant bowl of gold. BCC from the top of Puke was also looking particularly glorious. Not super busy out, counted more moose/deer than bikers. All time day, hopefully the cold spell this week doesn't blow all the gold down, although I do enjoy riding the leaf carpet...

MM at the Canyons:

Name:	PXL_20210925_204806877.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	386844

The golden tunnel on Keystone (same pic as Mar123 above):

Name:	sdfsdf.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	386854

Shadow lake:

Name:	IMG_20210927_103615_2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	386856

Patchy light getting to the saddle:

Name:	PXL_20210925_234431984.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	386849

BCC in all its glory:

Name:	PXL_20210926_001604013.PANO~2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	386851
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The colors were poppin. I was with a big group so they got to continue on down Mill Creek and my GF leapfrogged me on Mill D. had a buddy in BCC anyways so he was able to shuttle us back. All in all not a bad outcome but seeing an ortho today. Thanks all!
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Sorry to hear about the crash, heal up quick Phall

Its good up high right now:

Name:	JQ317kU.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	386861

Name:	6iMME5G.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	981.9 KB 
ID:	386862

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    I hadn't looked at the forecast yet . Looks like I need to make a call on Tuesday.

Is NOAA the best bet for UT weather? Are there places to avoid/goto if precip?
    Forecast still looks pretty iffy for Wednesday up high. Low-elevation trails should be fine, though. Can circle back with some options later.

Carry on we did #prayforphall
    First shot from PCMR Saturday, the rest from the Sunday Crest big group ride.

All time out there right now as far as scenery…

Not sure if they have always been on trailforks but i just noticed them, two “hike only” trails dropping from crest at 9990 to canyon’s red pine. Fantasy ridge and tombstone they call them. Anyone ridden? Canyons gondola is done for the year so feel like chance of running into a hiker midweek would be very low. Looks like a cool ridgeline stretch then dropping into the trees, thinking either loamy raw goodness from no bikes or a mess of steep switchbacks

I hadn't seen that before. Found some info:

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/u...asy-ridge-loop
    https://parkcitypeople.com/park-city...ge-at-canyons/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kreoC1PDV-g

Fantasy appears to have an extended section of 3rd/4th class scrambling so I definitely wouldn't bring a bike down that part. Tombstone may be worth riding when the gondi isn't running, but to access from the Crest you'll have to ride down the 9990 access road a ways. Could also access it by climbing the Tombstone Express access road from MM.

Fantasy looks like a pretty cool hike, though. I might have to run Beartrap and do a bonus lap down the 9990 road and up Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by .squirrely. View Post
    All time out there right now as far as scenery…

Not sure if they have always been on trailforks but i just noticed them, two “hike only” trails dropping from crest at 9990 to canyon’s red pine. Fantasy ridge and tombstone they call them. Anyone ridden? Canyons gondola is done for the year so feel like chance of running into a hiker midweek would be very low. Looks like a cool ridgeline stretch then dropping into the trees, thinking either loamy raw goodness from no bikes or a mess of steep switchbacks
    I haven't been on Fantasy ridge at Canyons, but from the photos I've seen it would be a solid "no go" for bikes. ....shame though, with some rock work this could be an amazing bike trail...this should be a hiking only trail.

Too many Fantasy Ridges this is confusing

Oooh yeah that ain’t going to work. Probably fun on foot though!

Another leafy vision from Crest last night:

Name:	PXL_20211001_001413113.PANO.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	926.6 KB 
ID:	387512

The cold nights have started taking their toll, a lot of black leaves on the ground and naked aspens in the shadier spots. Finished in the dark (as usual) with numb fingers and cold toes, 39 degrees when I got to the car. Absolutely glorious in the sun though, the colors from the top of Puke Hill to the Big Water lot were out of this world. Finally rode the new Mill D to Dog Lake connector, the alternative to the fall line rut that's been there forever and can either be super fun or absolutely heinous depending on the latest thunderstorm. The FS did a good job, fun bit of trail, some really tight switchbacks but overall a serious improvement. The threw a whole bunch of branches over the first 50' of the old trail but it's still accessible for those of you who miss it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

heading to payson lakes this wknd to camp w the kiddos. never ridden down there. any must trails/rides? sounds like Bennie's Creek pretty popular. hoping to do some shuttles w kids as well. thx.

Bennie is definitely the best descent down there. Rock Spring to Kuntz Flat to Sheepherder to Shram Creek to Grotto Jump Line is also a good one. Jones Ranch stuff is fun too, and you can ride it from camp. Winward to Maple Lake DH gets pretty rowdy.

That whole area tends be pretty hammered this time of year after a long summer getting beat on by cows, horses and motos so keep expectations in check. It's usually a late May/early June spot for me. But, bring bikes for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Bennie is definitely the best descent down there. Rock Spring to Kuntz Flat to Sheepherder to Shram Creek to Grotto Jump Line is also a good one. Jones Ranch stuff is fun too, and you can ride it from camp. Winward to Maple Lake DH gets pretty rowdy.

That whole area tends be pretty hammered this time of year after a long summer getting beat on by cows, horses and motos so keep expectations in check. It's usually a late May/early June spot for me. But, bring bikes for sure.
    awesome. thx!

took the grom I mentor down Rush for his first time. he absolutely crushed it, even on his hybrid commuter hardtail with awful 2.1" tires. so much fun to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Surprisingly dry out there this evening. Looking forward to some wet weather over the next week.

Name:	498C7E69-C46F-47F5-9454-2CC464A50823.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	543.6 KB 
ID:	388122

Name:	RyZuDI6.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	921.0 KB 
ID:	388172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aUGoN7R.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	388174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5YSXoMg.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	388173

Glorious conditions last night. I sliced my tire but got to borrow a pump from Andrew McLean which kind of made up for it.

Was he riding his unicycle or just scoping for hunters stands to take down?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Should have said thanks, then rode off with it

The forecast is bumming me out. Not enough snow to ski, but enough to shut down the high-elevation trails and put PWLs on high north aspects when winter is here for real. Early October snow is the worst.

He was on a regular bike

did w quick cc ride last night. hero dirt where the leaves weren't ruining the trail
    came around a corner and noticed a hiker in the trail. as i got closer i realized it was a hunter in camo w his fresh kill just off the side of the trail. couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if i was 60 seconds faster.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    did w quick cc ride last night. hero dirt where the leaves weren't ruining the trail
    came around a corner and noticed a hiker in the trail. as i got closer i realized it was a hunter in camo w his fresh kill just off the side of the trail. couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if i was 60 seconds faster.
    Huh, i know you can archery hunt up on the USFS land, however you're not allowed to hunt within draper city limits. I'd hazard a guess that that guy was way off the mark in being in Corner Canyon. I hunt a lot but make sure to know exactly where i can and can't be, especially around populated and well used trail systems.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I once rattled past a dejected bow hunter as he was walking out at dusk.
    Flushed a bunch of deer as I shifted, and the guy starts spinning circles shocked and amazed as all the deer panicked around him.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

I've been there!