Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2522
    If I had a photo in my head of what a group of hikers from SOF would look like….

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I agree she needs to show that she is meeting with the mountain bike community and other groups as well, can always respond to her tweet, doubt she reads them. Wonder if she knows the the "Save Our Foothills" group also tore down fences that the city put up and the signage on the Bobsled trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm sure a post about a group ride with Trails Utah will follow any day now....

My expectations have dropped so low that as long as I Street won't be touched IDGAF any more.
    FYI, Heard from multiple people up at Ist that there have been complaints filed to the city from local residents. Supposedly theres too much garbage, and they were pissed about the jump jam last year.

Parking there is becoming more of an issue, kinda has been for the last couple years especially on weekends. I can see why some residents are becoming annoyed especially with the constant cars parked and people loading in front of their houses, car doors slamming etc. I see bikes being layed on peoples lawns etc. ...May not seem like a big deal but imagine if this is what you see all day every day, consider how much noise and your actions when loading in front of peoples houses. A bigger trailhead there should be a top priority.

whelp on a side note I did contact the SLC Trails & Natural Lands division and had a conversation about Istreet... and good news is they said no complaints have been filed against Istreet....

So maybe theres some rumors floatin or someone has a different source? Who knows.

No NIMBY dickwads shutting down new trails or toothless mayors to appease them out in the Lake Mountains. Just rowdy moto trails, endless HAB, and delicious jank...

When it's not too steep to pedal it's quite fun and scenic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220410_184449034.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	412740

But accessing the goods usually involves a lot this:

Name:	PXL_20220411_002240779.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	412738

Name:	PXL_20220410_225519230.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	412739

Push up, skid back down, some of the moto trails are a bit on the straight and loose side:

Name:	PXL_20220410_185055288.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	412742

Others are significantly more inspiring:

Name:	PXL_20220410_193026860.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	412743

Name:	PXL_20220410_233118665.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	412744

Name:	PXL_20220410_233703794.jpg 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	412745

Name:	PXL_20220410_234019131.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	412746

Name:	PXL_20220410_234527050.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	412747

Name:	PXL_20220410_235607543.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	412748

The golden pig is right at home in that area. I thought it would be too much bike and too sluggish to have fun in the Wasatch but it was just a matter of finding proper terrain for it to really shine...

Name:	PXL_20220410_205148118.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	412741

6.5 hours on trail, 10 miles covered, 1500 lbs of rocks moved to make some features rideable. Glorious.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Hell yeah! Good stuff. I know that area well. I feel like the pictures don’t do it justice. Some gnarly features.

Edit: Also can’t believe how dusty and blown out it is down there already. We were just south of that zone on the April 2 and it felt like June.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Hell yeah! Good stuff. I know that area well. I feel like the pictures don’t do it justice. Some gnarly features.

Edit: Also can’t believe how dusty and blown out it is down there already. We were just south of that zone on the April 2 and it felt like June.
    I get the feeling there are some seriously mean features in some of the less traveled drainages for sure. We also didn't make it to the top of the Punisher since we were cleaning/building landings as we went so stuff would be rideable. We stopped where it got seriously steep and janky, probably below the best of the gnar. Fun to find this type of riding close to home instead of in the south.
    Re: dust, it's wild. We rode one of the more mellow moto trails and it was as blown as American Fork in late summer. Weird thing is I've been down there 3 days so far and have only seen 7 or 8 guys riding motos, traffic seems pretty light in general.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    whelp on a side note I did contact the SLC Trails & Natural Lands division and had a conversation about Istreet... and good news is they said no complaints have been filed against Istreet....

So maybe theres some rumors floatin or someone has a different source? Who knows.
    Really, that makes sense. Laying your bike on someone's lawn is super douchey, but the people doing it are probably at least 10:1 BST XC riders--the overwhelming majority of people using that TH aren't I Street riders. If only there was a giant gated parking lot right there already that sits empty 99% of the time. Oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    No NIMBY dickwads shutting down new trails or toothless mayors to appease them out in the Lake Mountains. Just rowdy moto trails, endless HAB, and delicious jank...
    Sick! Definitely putting that on the list.

Really, that makes sense. Laying your bike on someone's lawn is super douchey, but the people doing it are probably at least 10:1 BST XC riders--the overwhelming majority of people using that TH aren't I Street riders. If only there was a giant gated parking lot right there already that sits empty 99% of the time. Oh, wait....

Sick! Definitely putting that on the list.
    Nice pics Boisall...need to check some of that out. Really hope Eagle mountain gets all of Flinstone back open, know theres talks in the works.

100% Agree that most of the people parking up at Ist are Hikers, Dog walkers, xc riders....They need a bigger TH lot there but the neighbors dont want a giant lot there, and they dont want people parking in front of their houses either. sooooo.....?

Regarding Istreet jump park ...Recently learned from a friend that builds up there that there actually have been complaints filed from a neighbor (or two) not sure who they are contacting within the city but pretty sure they are working with SOF. They are complaining that the jumps are too visible from their backyards and the landings keep getting bigger(mainly in the meadow jumps area and below towards Hollywood jump). Also they want the wooden fence down by the Hollywood jump moved further away from their houses which essentially would eliminate the Hollywood line. They are also saying people are hanging around late and drinking beer in the parking lot. Now you combine this with the parking situation up there and you can see why some of these people are being pushed over the edge.

In the past my dialogue has kinda been in the camp of "F these NIMBY kooks mountain bikers cant have anything nice etc." Its important to try and understand where these people are coming from and to develop some common ground, approaching it with an us vs them mentality isn't going to solve anything. Its unfortunate we are taking a step backwards but hopefully some good comes out of this and we can develop a relationship with the neighbors and have some open discussion.

Some of the OG heads up at Ist have connections with the city and are working towards having a discussion to address these concerns. I think a few solutions would be -A bigger TH parking lot, -We could plant more native trees between the jumps and homes so the park isn't as visible. -Chill out on drinking beer up at ist, pack your beer cans out instead of filling up the garbage can with beer cans....doesnt look good. -Chill out on any big builds for a while until things cool down. -Dont bring in any materials like plywood, lumber, carpet or sandbags.

Think we up at Ist already do a good job of being good stewards of the area but have to be even more mindful of our actions as of late.

Not sure how many people on these forums ride up at Ist but pass the word on.

^^^That is good stuff. Back when we started SLVTS, the city was psyched to hear that dirt jumpers cared about their spot, picked up garbage and policed their spots.
    If the fence is the property line, that things not moving, but maybe reworking Hollywood a bit would make them happy?
    That thing has been growing for about 18years! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The oligarchs have spoken...these notes taped to the Istreet entrance sign on Friday by the city

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	413543

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	413544
    Seems reasonable, hopefully some good comes out of this.

Totally reasonable. I already pack in/pack out and the only building I do is filling ruts and other basic maintenance. There has been a lot of sloppy building lately with random borrow pits in bad places.

Speaking of trail maintenance, am I in the clear to do some light work on the Bountiful B DH trail? I’m not thinking anything crazy, just fill in some ruts and trim some branches. I get the impression it’s an unsanctioned trail so anything goes, within reason?

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Parleys pointe is a solid OK. Rode it N to S on the gravel bike. The switchbacks on each end are a little rough but the rest of the trail is pretty good for an xc trail. Nice to have dirt/trail to connect from wasatch/tanner all the way to the zoo, minimal road requires to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2085.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	413915
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Full on winter in the morning, XC cruising in the afternoon, damn I love spring...

Name:	PXL_20220425_011215709 (1).jpg 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	414359

EaMo isn't super exciting, the trails aren't rad, there isn't much vert, it's a bit spaghetti bowl, and yet I never have a bad time down there. Except for the fact that the local wildlife has really poor trail etiquette:

Name:	PXL_20220425_001638755_2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	947.6 KB 
ID:	414360

Flushed a big ass owl out of a tree as I was finishing up, he made noise pushing off his branch then glided along the trail completely silently. I was wishing for an Onyx hub so I wouldn't disturb the moment.

If the NIMBY'S cant see it does it exist?

Name:  IMG_0586.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  373.1 KB

dad cruxin

Name:	IMG_0597.jpeg 
Size:	645.2 KB 
ID:	414778

Love me some 70s bush!! All dry in the lower gully??

I never did ride that last season. Must rectify that situation ASAP.

There was a couple(not bad) short stretches of water but everything else is running great. Peeps been doing some work on it, even a few little lips showing up....Its been cleaned up a lot no bush wacking.

There was a couple(not bad) short stretches of water but everything else is running great. Peeps been doing some work on it, even a few little lips showing up....Its been cleaned up a lot no bush wacking.
    Thanks, I need to go up there ASAP.
    Hope it never gets sanitized, it wasn't ever brushy past the first rock roll and it wouldn't require moving too many rocks to become quite tame.

Love me some 70s bush!! All dry in the lower gully??
    So, 90's Bush now?

Need to get back up there soon.

Been surprised at how dry everything's been, even with this spring moisture. Can't say I miss it but seems like the upper Bobsled spring is dried up? Doesn't speak well of our water table to see a change like that is the space of a few years. I guess there's still time and snow up high. Maybe it'll flow yet.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Skiing is not good conditioning for riding.

Skiing is not good conditioning for riding.
    #truth

Thanks, I need to go up there ASAP.
    Hope it never gets sanitized, it wasn't ever brushy past the first rock roll and it wouldn't require moving too many rocks to become quite tame.
    Answering my own anticipatory grumble here but the bush is cleaner than it's ever been. Bit of a bummer to see some of the loose jank removed but it certainly rides better and faster with fewer derailleur ripping opportunities. The lips are fun and well made. I guess it's going to take some time for it to turn into Lost Lad given the approach...
    It was wet though, as in several long sections of running water. I embraced the splashing and it was all time.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    So, 90's Bush now?

Need to get back up there soon.

Been surprised at how dry everything's been, even with this spring moisture. Can't say I miss it but seems like the upper Bobsled spring is dried up? Doesn't speak well of our water table to see a change like that is the space of a few years. I guess there's still time and snow up high. Maybe it'll flow yet.
    Very modern bush these days for sure.
    Shit's certainly dry and dusty for this time of year. Seems like you have a 12 hours window after it rains or a 36 hour window after the last bit of snow melts and you're riding on Mars.

I guess it's going to take some time for it to turn into Lost Lad given the approach...
    LL isn’t quite lost anymore. I can’t believe how smooth it is now. I’m also surprised, or maybe terrified, of all the trail runners I’ve seen coming up it! Some close calls. Someone is going to get annihilated in the lower canyon. I think the well-graded road is inviting more people.

Name:	trailbuild.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	569.1 KB 
ID:	415242
    end rant.