Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Flanders: The left drop you are thinking of is the A-line on Stones. The Stones B-line doesn't have the 90 degree left, it's just straight down the rock pile.

The Left after the squeezer (before the rock pile) is the B. You've ridden right past it for 2yrs and missed it. On top of the rock pile (Stones) is A (left) and B (right). But below the rock pile is the hard left for "Sticks", which is rideable by most.
    Thanks, I get it now. I need to actually work these sections instead of giving them the 1 half-assed go and rolling on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    FYI, if you're thirsty after riding, the Reams on 400 S in Springville does not sell beer. Couldn't believe it.

Rode Packard to Kirkman Alt and Dry Canyon in Hobble Creek. P-K was a great loop and I'd definitely ride it again. Already starting to get dusty, it might be a lot less fun after a few months of motos, cows and no rain. Dry Canyon was dumb, I should have turned around right away and HAB'ed up Left Fork Days.
    That's obnoxious but par for the Springville course, place is as straight as they come.
    Good beta for the Hobble area.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Pretty good since I was with him. ��
    One of you guys' Strava probably thinks it's on the E coast with that 2 hour time difference...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Nah, mine stopped recording half way up the climb for some reason, I restarted it at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    You’re in Montrose now, yes?
    We should meet up around Silverton/DGO this summer for some of the good stuff. Just let me know how dumb you want to get!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Totally, I'll hit you up when I make it down that way!

Primo conditions in Park City this afternoon and no one was out, totally deserted. Moosehouse is as good as it gets, one down tree and a couple very small snow patches near the top of Red Bull. I'm officially a convert to climbing John's.

Best climb at PCMR.

Best climb at PCMR.
    I ride there all the time, and that is unfortunately a very low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I ride there all the time, and that is unfortunately a very low bar.
    haha pedaling up sweenys/johns is good fun.

Anyone else dip out on Payday to avoid upper Jennies routing?

My climbing go-to's for the last few years...King, Flat Iron, Thaynes, McConkeys etc...Just get me to the top fast as possible, no fuss, no people....Dont know what it is but I really enjoy spinning up King Road.

Been riding a ton in PC the last week, its been awesome really peaceful/quiet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumper.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	374853

Name:	moose1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	374854
    after about 10 minutes of me yelling it had enough

Name:	moose2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	374855

Lots of animals lurking on the trails...saw a herd of about 30 Elk off CMG yesterday. My dog had its first encounter with a porcupine(one of my worst fears for her out on the trail) luckily she walked away with only 4 quills in her
    Last edited by mar123; 05-17-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Damn that PC dirt look tasty!
    It's already moon dust season if you go lower, spun up MoPi on Sat and it was as dry as last October. Surprisingly quiet though and the brush hasn't overtaken the LittleMtn ridge yet so it made for a fun outing.
    Went for the annual spin around Promontory with Ms Boissal on Sunday, Princess Di is as pleasant as ever from the Tollgate side but it's already dry and dusty on the back. Lots of prairie dogs and marmots frolicking about and barely any aggressive brush for now, makes for a great mellow XC loop. Bonus: the culvert under I80 is fully rideable, it's a bit challenging with some invisible big rocks hiding in the current but it goes. Ms Boissal beatered 2/3 of the way through and had to do the walk of shame in the water.

Name:	original_b4f53701-00b1-4632-847b-9c02e9d6e95f_PXL_20210516_214724671_2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	374865

Name:	PXL_20210516_235533649_3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	374866
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    My climbing go-to's for the last few years...King, Flat Iron, Thaynes, McConkeys etc...Just get me to the top fast as possible, no fuss, no people....Dont know what it is but I really enjoy spinning up King Road.
    I'm definitely a fan of directissimo climbing. I seem to be the only one here who's into climbing the P-gulch road at Snowbird. It's a sufferfest, but it's empty, you'll never complain about Puke Hill ever again, you can go in the afternoon/evening when BMT is closed to uphill traffic (which, for me, the one-way aspect is half the point of riding BMT), and I can literally go up and down in the time it would take just to top out if I climbed the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Damn that PC dirt look tasty!
    It's already moon dust season if you go lower, spun up MoPi on Sat and it was as dry as last October.
    Honestly, while the dirt was mostly awesome, it was a little freakishly dry for May 16. It might be long dusty summer. If only deep dust rode like deep pow....

Honestly, while the dirt was mostly awesome, it was a little freakishly dry for May 16. It might be long dusty summer. If only deep dust rode like deep pow....
    Agreed, it's scary how dry it already is. You can tell some section of MoPi still had snow on them a week ago and they're already decomposing into dust. Reservoirs are freaking low as hell too, Little Dell looks like it's already at July level. We went to Rockport after riding Princess Di yesterday and the amount of exposed beach is shocking.

FWIW LCC from China Wall down is running as good as it gets.

This moisture is going to help most everything, just need more of it

I'm definitely a fan of directissimo climbing. I seem to be the only one here who's into climbing the P-gulch road at Snowbird. It's a sufferfest, but it's empty, you'll never complain about Puke Hill ever again, you can go in the afternoon/evening when BMT is closed to uphill traffic (which, for me, the one-way aspect is half the point of riding BMT), and I can literally go up and down in the time it would take just to top out if I climbed the trail.
    i'll prob do it once or twice this year for the reasons you've stated. plus i can take off my helmet and deal with my sweat issues much easier

Heh. The only time you might need a helmet on that climb is if you fall over trying to clean one of the extra-hard spots.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

The mid lower part of rush got some love. Nothing earth shattering but it’s way better than before and they threw a few fun size jumps in and some nice berms.

Christ on a candlestick it was busy in CC tonight! Easily the most amount of people I’ve seen out there in my 15’ish years of riding there. Was it opening day for high school bike training or something?

Anyone know if the "Brink" loop is close to ready?

This is an interesting development: https://www.ksl.com/article/50168214...00k-utah-grant

I'm expecting to be disappointed, but crossing my fingers that not all of the trails will be XC yawners. Here's the proposed routing:

The mid lower part of rush got some love. Nothing earth shattering but it’s way better than before and they threw a few fun size jumps in and some nice berms.

Christ on a candlestick it was busy in CC tonight! Easily the most amount of people I’ve seen out there in my 15’ish years of riding there. Was it opening day for high school bike training or something?
    Talked to Dustin for a few minutes today. He was polishing up that lower section. They've told him to kill the cut through below the silica put and then he moves over to a new trail by Atchung. Sounds like he's hoping to get back to polish up that area right above the intersection with Canyon Hollow soon too.

Does anyone have ride recommendations in the Powder Mtn and Snowbasin area? We'll be in the Eden over Memorial Day weekend and I'm hoping to get out for two or three rides. I have no idea what might still be snow covered or too muddy, but I'm assuming things are drying out since some of Summit County is good to go.

Sardine peak at snowbasin, clockwise. If the rest of the Mtn is open and dry park at art nord, ride clockwise to green pond to sardine descending to art nord. Big one, fun. I bet powmow is snowed in but tons of good riding there.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Thanks! Is Icebox worth hitting at the end?

Havent ridden it, personally. I know some old school DH folks up that way love it. Shooting star saloon(21+) for burgers, there’s a little liquor store in the golf club on the way to pow mow. Probably worth a trip up there just to check out the views from the top

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Thanks! Is Icebox worth hitting at the end?
    Haven't been up that way in some years but a good loop/ride that I remember doing and would recommend is start at Wheeler Canyon TH to East Fk to Middle Fk to Upper Wheeler ck to Sardine to Back down Upper Wheeler to Icebox to back to TH.

Icebox is an interesting tid bit of trail and worth incorporating into the ride.

Great views/scenery

the wheeler fork trails look to be closed through 6/1 by the FS: https://www.facebook.com/USFSUWCNF/p...30006753932903 although on trailforks it looks like east fork was opened 5/17 so may need to check in person. If the big loop is closed sardine peak is still great.

Mueller Park is dry to the top and not a speck of tacky dirt to be found

Further research shows that all the wheeler fork trails were opened as of 5/14, so the big loop goes. Might have me heading up there this weekend

Getting really nice up high:

Name:	PXL_20210519_014051825 (1).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	375085