Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2514
    Hey Joetron if your watching I sent a pm. Please respond if you can. Interested in that revel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1659796230.503627.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	423221

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Thanks for getting out zzz, great riding with you!!

Beautiful evening
    Yeah, I’m glad we rolled the dice on the weather, turned out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    7-day QPF looks pretty juicy, could be an epic brown pow cycle.
    could continue later this week....

anyone ridden the Powder Mt bike park/lift served trails? was thinking about taking the kiddos up to check out something new.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    could continue later this week....

anyone ridden the Powder Mt bike park/lift served trails? was thinking about taking the kiddos up to check out something new.
    I have and it’s pretty fun with great tacos. I thought blue trail was more flow. No mandatory air but table top rollers. Green was a bit chunky from brake berms. But brim is also great or doctors dozen.

At the end of the blue is hidden lake

Name:	Image1660072277.983324.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	423437

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Apologies if this is the wrong place... Anybody have an Evoc bike bag I can rent/borrow from August 18th through September 3rd? Heading to the east coast and want to bring my bike. Flying Delta so hoping to take my bike with me as shipping via Bike Flights is stupid expensive these days.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Apologies if this is the wrong place... Anybody have an Evoc bike bag I can rent/borrow from August 18th through September 3rd? Heading to the east coast and want to bring my bike. Flying Delta so hoping to take my bike with me as shipping via Bike Flights is stupid expensive these days.
    I don’t have a bike bag, but I’ve had great success flying with bikes all over the world in a standard cardboard bike box, which can be found at any bike shop for free. Most airlines will treat it as a regular checked bag if it’s under their weight limit(usually 50lbs).

I’ve never had a bike damaged that way, but it’s probably wise to insure the bike first just in case though.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I don’t have a bike bag, but I’ve had great success flying with bikes all over the world in a standard cardboard bike box, which can be found at any bike shop for free. Most airlines will treat it as a regular checked bag if it’s under their weight limit(usually 50lbs).

I’ve never had a bike damaged that way, but it’s probably wise to insure the bike first just in case though.
    Good to know that a cardboard bike box would be acceptable. The Evoc bike bag would make it easier since it's designed to be a travel bag but the backup plan is going to be the bike box.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Long shot here but does anyone have a small/medium commuter type bike collecting dust? my oldest didn't make the school bus cut and may need to bike a couple miles to/from school when the wife can't take him. rather him not ride his mt bike due to weight and more so only having a normal bike rack to lock to (ie no closed cage as well). Thx.

Might consider one of these if you can't find a bike: https://gotrax.com/collections/elect...-brake-edition

We got one last year and it's worked out great.

How about that dirt yesterday? My God....

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    How about that dirt yesterday? My God....
    I left the house planning to do a little loop and got forced home by the evening shower after 35 miles. For me it was my best day so far this year!

“Hero dirt” might be an understatement….

Name:	5536A1E4-D5F7-4BED-B5D6-F8E9F2430BD4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	423823

Sooooo good. It was like riding in the cascades

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Grip for days, all kinds of dumb lines opening up when it's this tacky!

Name:	original_ebdf3641-ff13-4849-a5f1-9afb238e3295_PXL_20220814_190826649.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	423826
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

monsoonal summers been all time.
    Name:  IMG_1614.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  743.8 KB
    Field goal drop into rock garden ...good times.

There's another new log ride on Cool Way, spotted last night, not too far down from the other one we talked about a month ago. Interesting dismount on this one, some work was done to avoid the huck to flat:

Name:	PXL_20220817_022303864.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	423999
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I saw that earlier this week, but it was too wet to ride any of the woodwork. Someone has been busy utilizing all the deadfall!

Normally it's me, but that stuff is not my work. High quality!

Howdy Wasatch brethren. Passing through SLC on the way to Brian head tomorrow and hoping to get in a couple hours of riding, any recommendations for 2-3k of climbing?

Tough in the valley. Park city or bcc is the option. You could park at mill d, ride the road to guardsmans, crest down. There’s some heavy hitters in here who have more bcc beta than I do

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Howdy Wasatch brethren. Passing through SLC on the way to Brian head tomorrow and hoping to get in a couple hours of riding, any recommendations for 2-3k of climbing?

You could ride Flying Dog counter clockwise from the trailhead behind the Burt Brothers. Then take the dropout back to your car at the end. That's a fun ride and meets your climbing goal.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

That^ but go up from that trailhead, up stealth to the top of GW loop, then left to ride the flying dog loop CW back to ant farm or dropout to car. That’s a good long one and will extend the climbing to mid 2k’s

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Couple more suggestions:

Option 1
    Go to PCMR and climb Jennies to Three Candles to Keystone to Shadow Lake to Puke Hill. Down Pinecone Ridge to Mid Mountain to Spiro. Probably close to 3K climbing and some fun flowy descents.

Option 2
    Go to Canyons and park at the upper lot. Find and ride Hollys to Ambush to Mid Mountain to top of Red Coat. Down Red Coat to Insurgent to Ricochet. About 2K climbing and one of the better tech descents (Insurgent) in the area.

Thanks for the suggestions. Holly’s red coat insurgent looks like the one! Will try and snap a few pics to post here

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Holly’s red coat insurgent looks like the one! Will try and snap a few pics to post here

Have fun, that's a good choice for sure.

Can't go wrong with Insurgent. It's in great shape right now.

What direction are you coming from? PC is kind of a big detour if you're not coming from the east on I-80. If you're coming south down I-15 or on I-80 from the west I can suggest something in BCC.

eta: I forgot there's a construction delay in BCC right now so time-wise PC vs BCC is probably sixes. Snowbird BMT is another option.