Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Most places but I guess it’s situational. As long as it’s not crowded I’ll let them off. My puppy who is mostly pretty good at listening has a special collar for biking with a retractable leash built in. Comes in handy at times.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBHWT23..._s1KOURS8g2QDV
    that looks pretty ideal for local trail runs where i keep the pup on leash until we're out of the parking lot or if coming up on a less friendly dog. beats carrying his leash in my hand. thx for the link.

Can confirm that Lambert Park is 95% GTG except Rodeo trails. Spun almost 6 miles with the pooches. Hoss is beat Lola wanted to go another 6.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Most places but I guess it’s situational. As long as it’s not crowded I’ll let them off. My puppy who is mostly pretty good at listening has a special collar for biking with a retractable leash built in. Comes in handy at times.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MBHWT23..._s1KOURS8g2QDV
    That's a slick looking little unit, thanks.

Eagle Mountain was quality yesterday, first time I ride out there with enough moisture in the dirt to provide grip! Bunch of new to me trails and some new stuff being built in a bunch of places, lots of bikes in the parking lot but relatively quiet on the trails, it would have been a perfect day if I didn't have to argue with some kooky dad teaching his kids how to shoot at a can of pringles with the new Fistful of $$ trail as a backstop. I guess the next person who came across his little show got a lot more annoyed than I did and called the cops on him for reckless behavior.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Friday and Saturday were different beasts.

Holy contrast!
    The first shot is classic Shoreline, unreal sky.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yesterday in EM was fun. First time there won't be my last

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Bobsled is in perfect condition, tacky dirt, no mud and minimal bumps

Lack of fitness from this lost winter is slowly improving thanks to a fair bit of this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_09784d2f-86a0-46a5-af0c-bfb95f2a3728_PXL_20210402_002818579.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	370196

With the obligatory bike pose after slogging up Van Cott:

Name:	original_79a1d382-e050-49c3-b1bb-245e84d516e7_PXL_20210402_004053165.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	370197

Riding down MedHill at sunset with good dirt was a real treat. It looks like the 2-week window of great dirt on Shoreline is closing already though, I got re-acquainted with the dreaded front wheel drift in a couple of dry corners last night! It's been fun exploring all the steep variations of the main trail, some of them are all-time fun in grippy conditions. Much more pleasant than riding them in the fall when traction is non-existent.

Sad to hear the hero dirt is drying out on the BST, so fun while it lasted! Anyone been out to Corner Canyon this week? I'd imagine Ghost Falls area is good, maybe Ann's?

Canyon Hollow to Lower Rush was great last night. Lots of mud about 100 yards after the lower rush turnoff on canyon hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Canyon Hollow to Lower Rush was great last night. Lots of mud about 100 yards after the lower rush turnoff on canyon hollow.
    I think that means maybe it’s not quite good to go?

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Sad to hear the hero dirt is drying out on the BST, so fun while it lasted! Anyone been out to Corner Canyon this week? I'd imagine Ghost Falls area is good, maybe Ann's?
    Upper ghost to lower rush was great yesterday. Jacobs just has one or 2 patches of snow but mostly mid summer marbles. I drove over sun crest a couple days ago and it looks like still a good bit of snow on ann’s by potato hill.

Name:	IMG_4611.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	370267

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I think that means maybe it’s not quite good to go?
    the mud was past the turnoff (e.g., above). so as long as you bail at the turnoff you are good.

I've got a little thing I'm working on and it could use some traffic. It's not top secret or anything but also not trying to fully blow it up. It's not for most people but if you are into shitty climbs and enjoy really tech'y jank and natural trails with actual rocks on them hit me up and I can send you some info.

I've got a little thing I'm working on and it could use some traffic. It's not top secret or anything but also not trying to fully blow it up. It's not for most people but if you are into shitty climbs and enjoy really tech'y jank and natural trails with actual rocks on them hit me up and I can send you some info.
    I plan on riding it tonight (assuming it's the segment I asked about on Strava). Wanted to try yesterday but got stuck at work. If you happen to be up there I think I'll start at the zoo around 5ish, would be awesome to get the tour!
    And if it's something else I'm keen on hearing about it too, I could use some new Foothills options!

That's the one. I think I'm getting out on the moto tonight but I'd be down to get out for a ride with you soon. Let me know what you think of the hard section, I tried it twice last night and couldn't do it. Can't tell if it needs work or I just suck. In respect to my buddy who put it together I don't really want to make it any easier, he wouldn't have that.

I'm intrigued. Haven't been on Strava in a few days, I'll check it out.

Anyone ever ridden that Miners Trail up Emigration? Looks like it could a good low-traffic spot to try riding with the dog off-leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm intrigued. Haven't been on Strava in a few days, I'll check it out.

Anyone ever ridden that Miners Trail up Emigration? Looks like it could a good low-traffic spot to try riding with the dog off-leash.
    Miners is fun, relatively pleasant up for the most part then it gets a bit savage at the top. Not much traffic other than hikers, would be a good dog ride option. It gets overgrown fast and on the way down you get a good whipping. Or if you like even more extreme bushwacking you can make it into a loop with a couple forgotten sections of trails that drop you back at the top of the Burr's fork of Killyon. I think you can loop to Freeze Creek too but there's some private property and development down that way that complicates things.
    Last edited by Boissal; 04-08-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Pretty cool to see Krispy on Pinkbike today: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-...n-and-now.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pretty cool to see Krispy on Pinkbike today: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-...n-and-now.html
    I used to sit in the computer lab in high school in Ohio and watch freeride stuff from Utah instead of studying. Funny how life comes full circle.

That's the one. I think I'm getting out on the moto tonight but I'd be down to get out for a ride with you soon. Let me know what you think of the hard section, I tried it twice last night and couldn't do it. Can't tell if it needs work or I just suck. In respect to my buddy who put it together I don't really want to make it any easier, he wouldn't have that.
    Sent you a PM with details but my review is as follows: all the fun was had, it's going to take a major amount of time for me to send the crux without mangling myself (it could use some work but even then it's very committing). Beware the twisty rocky lower section where a tree had the audacity to shove my derailleur into my spokes. Horrendous noises ensued with the result being a bent derailleur hanger, a wobbly wheel with a comically bent spoke, and gears that didn't work all that well for the return trip. Pilot error due to my extreme level of excitement. I'll be back.

Hell yeah! It's good to have something that you have to work on, it's kind of rare around these parts.

Lost Lad road incredibly well yesterday. It's 95% dry and free of snow, with minimal mud. If anyone has similar recommendations I would love to hear them - I actually liked it quite a bit more than Bobsled. Not nearly as loose.

Headed down to go ride Good Water Rim tomorrow, I'm pretty stoked.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Not really similar to lost lad but the new jump trails up in Farmington are really good. Get em before they (re)turn to sand.