Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    May I suggest you stop being a little bitch?

Gonna have to jump on this bandwagon. Currently doing a quick lunch loop at Alta. 80 degrees, breezy, damn pleasant day.

Shit I'd happily ride shitty blown out dusty trails in 100 degree weather with hordes of noobs on ebikes and hikers going the wrong way if I could... I'm not settling well in the "hiking on the weekend is your only form of exercise" lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Shit I'd happily ride shitty blown out dusty trails in 100 degree weather with hordes of noobs on ebikes and hikers going the wrong way if I could... I'm not settling well in the "hiking on the weekend is your only form of exercise" lifestyle.
    Ha. I'm on self imposed hike only due to nursing a bad back. And yeah.

Although I will say it's refreshing to go to obscure places with no trails and be alone.

I mean, I meant that in the friendliest "friends slagging friends" way possible. But, yeah, I ride home every day in the afternoon heat and full sun and it's not that bad. High elevations are usually quite nice morning/evening, and even low elevation is tolerable if you can stay in the shade. There's usually no one out on the low stuff, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I mean, I meant that in the friendliest "friends slagging friends" way possible. But, yeah, I ride home every day in the afternoon heat and full sun and it's not that bad. High elevations are usually quite nice morning/evening, and even low elevation is tolerable if you can stay in the shade. There's usually no one out on the low stuff, either.
    Ms Boissal has been riding MoPi at least once a week and loves it. She doesn't want to drive too far and says she never sees anyone when she rides up there mid morning. I keep telling her it's too hot and too blown out and too crowded and she keeps PRing every segment so there must be some truth to what she says.
    Mallwalker is shredding Shoreline daily and he's not getting heat stroke or running 100s of people over either.

A little three hour tour at my local hill on new bike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1760.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	337058

Name:	IMG_1763.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	337059

Name:	IMG_1762.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	337060

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Mallwalker is shredding Shoreline daily and he's not getting heat stroke or running 100s of people over either.
    I’m even going during the daylight, albeit early. 60s-70s mostly until ~830 ish give or take, and aside from the bit of it right around red butte (which sucks anyway but it’s better than pavement), shoreline is quiet-ish to city creek mostly. bobsled is always clean and if you go west of cc it’s like porter fork at 4am in january.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    it’s like porter fork at 4am in january.
    Does anyone other than you know what that’s like?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Does anyone other than you know what that’s like?
    I've started up that drainage before 5AM ONCE. Probably the same number of times MW has started after 5AM...

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Gonna have to jump on this bandwagon. Currently doing a quick lunch loop at Alta. 80 degrees, breezy, damn pleasant day.
    Did a dusk ride up there yesterday and got cold on the downhill.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Haha! I deserve all that shit! I'll get it in gear and put some miles in this week.
    Thanks Shane

Deer Valley has taken out some of the brake bumps on undertow and nail driver. It made the descent on my daughters soccer practice ride time Tuesday fun!

My take after doing an almost-too-much-stupid route today...LCC is underappreciated for biking. We started at Albion with Catherine's, then the Castle loop, then up and over Sugarloaf to hidden peak, then BMT -> Baby Thunder -> WP -> road to Tanners -> Quarry to bottom. 4300 up, 7600 down with 31.5 of 33 miles on dirt.

Sure the climbs are rough, but who cares....the descents are 99% on single track and are right up there with anything else in the Wasatch (except for mineral basin, that just sucked). And I'm pretty sure we saw at most 8 other bikers today.

Fully agree. Hidden Peak to the bottom of the Quarry is a looong descent.

Don't forget Cool Way and Flanders! So much goodness.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    My take after doing an almost-too-much-stupid route today...LCC is underappreciated for biking. We started at Albion with Catherine's, then the Castle loop, then up and over Sugarloaf to hidden peak, then BMT -> Baby Thunder -> WP -> road to Tanners -> Quarry to bottom. 4300 up, 7600 down with 31.5 of 33 miles on dirt.

Sure the climbs are rough, but who cares....the descents are 99% on single track and are right up there with anything else in the Wasatch (except for mineral basin, that just sucked). And I'm pretty sure we saw at most 8 other bikers today.

Nice. That ride has been on my to do list.

Might have found the only moisture on a trail anywhere in Utah last night.

Name:	IMG_3110.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	337638

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	877.9 KB 
ID:	337639

[QUOTE=dfinn;6050197]Might have found the only moisture on a trail anywhere in Utah last night.

Name:	IMG_3110.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	337638 I had some mud on my bike last night after cruising around snow bird and I honestly said to myself “where was that from?” I don’t remember crossing anything, but clearly I did.

sweat + moon dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post

Just please don’t tell anyone!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just please don’t tell anyone!
    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I think the price of admission is high enough that most people won't bother. The trail network isn't exactly a secret but still mostly deserted even when temps are consistently 15 degrees cooler than in PCMR. LCC riding is an acquired taste, slow grinds up to rough techy downs, not super flowy, just too much work and not enough reward for the flow community. Fortunately this translates to the fact that if you combined the dirt from all the brake bumps in LCC you'd barely have enough to fill in one of the big ones on Silver Queen.

^ the real secret to finding solitude in a popular outdoor activity in slc is to just trick yourself into liking things that other people don't like

^ the real secret to finding solitude in a popular outdoor activity in slc is to just trick yourself into liking things that other people don't like
    Fucking wisdom right here.

Unfortunately I think there is a Recreation Desperation Trickle Down Effect - and the beaters will eventually catch on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Waking up at 4AM every day isn't a treat, it's masochism.
    But unfortunately you're right. Get up earlier, walk or bike further, ski more brush, pick stuff with complex access and limited info.
    If you make it hard, they won't come*

* that is not what she said.

Between my work schedule and desire to avoid people I think I have completely ruined any chance of sleeping past 8 am the rest of my life.