Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This is an interesting development: https://www.ksl.com/article/50168214...00k-utah-grant

I'm expecting to be disappointed, but crossing my fingers that not all of the trails will be XC yawners. Here's the proposed routing:

Derek Thomson is one of the trail builders (built hardlick, high star ranch, the new ones in the Arcylon area, etc) so I think the trails should be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Derek Thomson is one of the trail builders (built hardlick, high star ranch, the new ones in the Arcylon area, etc) so I think the trails should be pretty good.
    Well, that is excellent news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Well, that is excellent news.
    They say it will be world class, its a good sign they are shooting high I guess?

Also approved:

• Bonanza Flat to Upper WOW Trail Connection (Wasatch Trails Foundation — Wasatch County): $60,000
    • Beaver Bench Mountain Bike Trail Phase 3 (Beaver County) $50,000
    • Wasatch Mountain State Park Trails - 7 Bicycle Repair Stations (Wasatch Community Foundation — Wasatch County): $3,535.83
    • Pahvant Mtn. Bike Trail System - Phase 3 (Richfield City Trails Committee — Sevier County): $333,070
    • Bonneville Shoreline Trail, Fruit Heights (City of Fruit Heights — Davis County): $103,953
    • Rose Park Pumptrack (Salt Lake City Corporation — Salt Lake County): $100,000
    • Manzanita Trail System - Phase II (Brian Head Town — Iron County): $75,000
    • Tilted Mesa Mountain Bike Trails near Kanab (Kane County): $65,000

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4974.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	375192

PleasantAF

^^^^ Nice!!
    The first half going through the pines is so pleasant, smells like a real forest with moisture in the soil and sap in the air. The brush isn't even too bad right now, it's just the few gnarly climbs that knock this down to a 3-star ride.

Rode the flying canine tonight, already dry but the dirt in the shady sections is still good. Beautiful as ever around sunset, especially with the angry storm clouds filtering the light and the mule ears everywhere. No pics as that storm was on my ass and I wasn't keen on getting rinsed.
    Ran into 2 grouse and they fled in fear. FINALLY those fuckers are recognizing me as the dominant species!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Name:	IMG_6848.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	375196

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ^^^^ Nice!!
    The first half going through the pines is so pleasant, smells like a real forest with moisture in the soil and sap in the air. The brush isn't even too bad right now, it's just the few gnarly climbs that knock this down to a 3-star ride.
    I’d give it more stars. Yeah the climbs suck but all the downs are so damn fun and the scenery is an 11. It’s really damn nice out there right now!

Windy tonight, but temps were great. Nearly ran out of daylight on the downs.

Name:	7842AB3D-97F6-4CE7-8D73-14EE0949A053.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	527.1 KB 
ID:	375202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79235D4E-0BBF-47E7-B533-F7DE5E855213.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	454.4 KB 
ID:	375203

^^That last pic, wow!

Yeah, that last pic is great. Looks like I was a ridge or two over from you gman last night, and while I saw plenty of flowers too, I didn't see THAT.

I think our top pics may have been close to the same spot. I was chasing daylight, so I didn't venture south for the better view of Morris Meadows. I imagine we rode the same downhill. The flowers were going off on a small north face immediately when you start the two track climb back up to the radio towers. I had my head down and smelled them before I noticed them. The almost-dark ride back down to city creek was worth the stop to take in the view.

Huh, maybe!

Name:	loamy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	891.4 KB 
ID:	375249
    Dark and Loamy...dirt has been 5stars as of late.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Name:	IMG_4999.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	375442

Took the wife out to slate creek. She enjoyed it, I liked it better than I thought I would.
    Last edited by dfinn; 05-23-2021 at 10:19 PM.

kiddo gettin some dh laps in between storms yesterday....

Name:	Collin Levitate.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	375477

Finally got the full squish back together in time to dodge the storms in LCC yesterday. 60ish degrees and snow falling at the ruins. I forgot how much I love the smell of the early season pines.

Last edited by YourMomJustCalled; 05-24-2021 at 03:53 PM.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...hrKe8Y3lWk7iEQ

Where were all these people during the comment period?

Also, on the other side of the argument, why didn't the city plan better? It sounds like the trail builders they hired may be partly to blame for poor trail construction and layout?

yeah, now the mayor is involved so I can’t wait to see how that works out. at least the trails that they already got done might keep their new designations?

At the end of the sltrib.com article there is a link to a survey ...Support the bike trails in the foothills! It will be up until the end of June...Forward to everyone you know!

https://www.slc.gov/trailsurvey/

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    At the end of the sltrib.com article there is a link to a survey ...Support the bike trails in the foothills! It will be up until the end of June...Forward to everyone you know!

https://www.slc.gov/trailsurvey/
    Thanks for the link. I know with as much work has been done up there, there’s bound to be people complaining, mostly those who are on foot, but I think they definitely made it better up there. Never gonna make everyone happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    I know with as much work has been done up there, there’s bound to be people complaining, mostly those who are on foot, but I think they definitely made it better up there. Never gonna make everyone happy.
    I haven't personally ridden any of the new stuff but I have not talked to a single biker yet who had anything good to say about those new trails.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I haven't personally ridden any of the new stuff but I have not talked to a single biker yet who had anything good to say about those new trails.
    I'm psyched about the new stuff. Is it great? No. Is it better than what was there before? Yes, if only because it provides a directional bike-only option. I miss some of the weird trails that are now hikers-only but overall I think bikers are now better off than they were before.
    Of course each user group using the foothills feel like they own the place and have a longer standing claim to it than the others. It was to be expected that the raging old twats who couldn't be bothered to participate in the planning process would now shit the bed over the perceived loss of access and the fact that trails weren't designed for them. Entitlement runs rampant and the NIMBYism is starting to show its ugly fucking face...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

It's not the NIMBYism that I have a problem with, that's been going on for years. I take issue with the knee jerk reactions that politicians and officials take in reaction to a few emails and phone calls. The slighted have figured out how to weaponize their disdain. I blame social media.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Yeah def not 5 star trails so far.... in the survey there is space for comment, at the least its a good opportunity to show support for more mountain bike specific trails in the foothills and to leave comment on what types of trails you'd like to see made or could be made better.

Some things I touched on...
    -New Popperton trails ok for beginners
    -BST trail ok as up trail to get to things like Terror Ridge and Bobsled. 19th ave trail nice that its downhill directional.
    -More advanced mountain bike specific trails that are directional downhill, good because no possibilities of collisions. Bobsled and Terror ridge are decent examples.
    ...and a few other things like general trail building stuff that could be made better...routing, switchbacks, reverse grades, purpose built trails etc.
    Last edited by mar123; 05-25-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Brian Maffly of the SL Tribune also has a long history of fighting MTB development at Olympus hills, Draper and in general. Not surprising given the tone of the article.