Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2519
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    No plans for budget adjustments, but they're hiring multiple new consultants to perform what will probably be several hundred grand worth of studies. LOL, what a farce this has become.
    Don't forget all the meeting with tribal leaders....... TF was that?

The aspens are starting to fire up high:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210916_233943783_2 (1).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	385650

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_4aa6576a-ed03-4ec3-9b26-46d537814f79_PXL_20210917_012048259 (1).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	385651

Felt a chill riding down MillMeadow, so good to remember what cold feels like!
    There's a short bit of new trail on Crest, it bypasses the mega-janky section of dirt road on the PC side of the ridge, a couple hundred yards below where the Red Pine Rim trail merges back. Nice on the down I imagine but way nice on the way back up!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Anyone get out this morning? Are the trails too wet up high?

I stayed down low. Alpine forecast was a damn lie though. Fun was still had.

Hello Utards . I'm headed thru this week on my way to Snowmass from the Bay and was planning on a Utah ride day, Wednesday. I'll have my 170/160 bike with me. Any recommendations? I started looking at trailforks but the analysis paralysis set in quickly. I'm game for whatever but this bike isn't super great on flatter stuff. Maybe something around PC? Is there a goto ride I shouldn't miss? Thanks in advance.
    "Just send it you pussy."

If you want steep tech worthy of a long travel bike we can definitely oblige. How much climbing are you looking to do?

Leaves are a bit off peak still so Wednesday should be primo.

Idk, I'm pretty open as far as climbing. My local ride is around 2400 vert for a 14 mile ride. I can handle more, love tech climbing, tolerate fire road climbs for great descents.

I'd skip SLC and PC and do rides off i70 since that's the direct route. Desert temps are dreamy right now and the riding is much better.

Or do you have a non-riding need to pass through SLC?

A couple options to consider in BCC would be Crest to Beartrap, or climb up Solitude to Honeycomb. In PC, climb Jennis/CMG/Apex/Dead Tree to Jupiter Peak, the descend Jupiter Ridge to Evil Empire to Black Forest to Mid Mountain to Red Bull (shorter easier version: from Apex take 9k to Black Forest).

This is all on Trailforks. If you PM me your digits and I can text you some more info.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll check those out and get in touch if things are confusing.

Why SLC/PC: I hate driving 50 in Nevada (open range) even though I should be doing it in daytime. Also pretty spoiled with temps these days and I reckon deserts are going to be a little hot for me still. I like Sedona in December/January.

I was looking to check out some lift served on 70 but it looks like they're only open weekends. Some other time I guess.

Wednesday looks rainy/snowy for any upper elevation rides in the Wasatch. Down south looks similar too. Maybe the forecast will change?

Rainfall totals look pretty meager, probably will be chilly though.

I hadn't looked at the forecast yet . Looks like I need to make a call on Tuesday.

Is NOAA the best bet for UT weather? Are there places to avoid/goto if precip?

Anyone got a good ortho/sports med person on IHC? Stacked it on the spine today and had to walk out mill d. X-rays were fine, but man if I move it wrong it’s a world of hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Anyone got a good ortho/sports med person on IHC? Stacked it on the spine today and had to walk out mill d. X-rays were fine, but man if I move it wrong it’s a world of hurt.

Shit dude I am so sorry to hear that.

My recommendation would be Mark Scholl with Endurance Orthopedics if it is shoulder, knee, or ankle.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’ll check him out tomorrow

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Thanks! I’ll check him out tomorrow

He's a bit of a douche IRL but he did a great job on my shoulder.

A few years later we became good friends with a retired ortho NP who had spent her career in SLC (she was up in Evanston by now) - she told us that Mark Scholl was the best surgeon and the worst clinician she had ever worked with. That was definitely my experience.

Dang, what hurts?

Ultimate Sports Performance in South Jordan is pretty great for physio/non-surgeon help. I don't think they take insurance but visits are relatively cheap ($70).

Feels very ligament/muscle based, if i move it the wrong way it’s sharp shooting pain and feels like something is moving around/getting pinched

Feels very ligament/muscle based, if i move it the wrong way it’s sharp shooting pain and feels like something is moving around/getting pinched

Ya but what part of your body

Is it ur pee pee ligament or another one

We're all guessing here and the suspension is killing us

Wasatch Dirt Thread

That would have helped. Ha, shoulder and a bunch of dignity wounds

Mark Scholl did my shoulder (rotator cuff) in November 2019. Overall, I’m happy. No complaints. Rehab sucks regardless of who does the surgery.

Good luck! I hope it’s remedied quickly without going under the knife.

That would have helped. Ha, shoulder and a bunch of dignity wounds

AC joint? That's probably the most common shoulder thing to break in a bike crash. A Grade 2 or bad Grade 1 hurts like hell but doesn't have a bump.

I’m thinking it may be that, but X-rays were clear per the general practice doc I saw at instacare

Grade 1/2 will look normal on x-ray since the AC ligament is torn but the end of the clavicle is not displaced.