Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2519
    Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    I only made it to the bottom of insurgent due to time constraint. From what I could see it looks clear of snow but in need of some trimming and sawing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pedaled up there yesterday to check things out...Insurgent is snow free but has 7 large downed trees on the bottom third that will require chainsaw work. Very most upper Hollys has big snowdrifts so have to go up to the road to pedal over to the Dropkick/DH trails. Dropkick is not ready yet still some large snowdrifts prob another week...not sure if theres any downed trees on it. Canyons DH is GTG, needs a bit of a trim up top, some large size rocks in the trail so watch your lines.

Mill d is almost good to go. One downed tree pretty low down, a bunch of small snow patches but I could ride over most on the way down. I turned around about a quarter mile below the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Pedaled up there yesterday to check things out...Insurgent is snow free but has 7 large downed trees on the bottom third that will require chainsaw work. Very most upper Hollys has big snowdrifts so have to go up to the road to pedal over to the Dropkick/DH trails. Dropkick is not ready yet still some large snowdrifts prob another week...not sure if theres any downed trees on it. Canyons DH is GTG, needs a bit of a trim up top, some large size rocks in the trail so watch your lines.
    Just climbing u[p the road, or did you hit robs. I've been sick for a week but will be out there tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Just climbing u[p the road, or did you hit robs. I've been sick for a week but will be out there tonight!
    Up Hollys

(cross post from the ski thread)

Alright peoples, my kid is a rising UofU junior who is not having an easy time finding a house to rent. Needs 3 or more bedrooms. Every house near campus has like 20 showings and it's a madhouse. The houses keep going to groups of girls who apparently people trust more than guys. Shocking.

He's looking on the east side of the school near the stadium.

Responsible kid, business major who cares about school, and has been raised right and he'll take care of the house. And if he doesn't I'll make it right. Anybody have anything they can offer in terms of leads or ideas - or even better houses? If someone got him set up just think of all the free ski waxing you could demand from him in return - which I will damn well make him do. He's in Colorado for the summer but will be there tomorrow to look at a couple houses and fight the hoards, so he'll be there for the next few days...

In all seriousness (though I was being serious about the tuning) if someone set us up there might have to be a serious thank you present involved...

If you were going to ride something near Logan next weekend, would you go with the Herd Hollow/Richards Hollow loop or the Rick's Canyon/Bear Hollow/Steel Canyon loop?

I did Canyons DH, Insurgent, and Holly's today. Insurgent is as good as I've ever seen it, though a lot of loose sticks at the bottom, one of which took out my rear mech.

We started running into snow as we approached Mid Mtn trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If you were going to ride something near Logan next weekend, would you go with the Herd Hollow/Richards Hollow loop or the Rick's Canyon/Bear Hollow/Steel Canyon loop?
    Bump and a related question:

Has anyone driven Avon Pass Rd? Am I correct in thinking that this is a well-graded improved dirt road? Driving to Avon Friday and this looks like a much nicer route than Brigham City and 89.

Bump and a related question:

Has anyone driven Avon Pass Rd? Am I correct in thinking that this is a well-graded improved dirt road? Driving to Avon Friday and this looks like a much nicer route than Brigham City and 89.
    You can make it in a passenger car for sure, it does get very washboarded.

Thanks. I'll have my truck, so plan on an hour-ish to cover the 20 miles?

Thanks. I'll have my truck, so plan on an hour-ish to cover the 20 miles?
    That sounds about right. The worst are the switchbacks on the south end, lots of roosting by the sxs’s has created slow going, big washboards. Once you get up top it gets better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	418212

oof I'm outta shape, er not in the shape needed to make the climbs on this trail...first time riding the GWT to the Knuckle. Trail is running great, despite the brutal climbs you are rewarded with some awesome descents.

Will be at Alta for a wedding on Saturday but have all day to ride on Friday and the morning on Sunday. Never biked around those parts and will have my girlfriend with. She’s fairly new to mtb’ing but has really impressed me on the first couple of rides.

Looking for recommendations on where to go for some not overly technical, 8-11mi loops/out and back. Trail forks is a bit of a jumblefuck around there, will be doing some more scouring throughout the week. Was hoping Deer Valley would be open but it looks like they open the following weekend.

Feel free to PM if you don’t want to e-spray

Most of the goods over in PC are good to go, up Jennis, up tommy two steps, then either silver queen to Johns down, or mojave to CMG down. Those are great loops, Johns might be a little over her head, a little tighter and rootier, so you could do Jennis back down to the loose moose intersection then ride that down.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

If GF is hot I'll show you guys around

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Will be at Alta for a wedding on Saturday but have all day to ride on Friday and the morning on Sunday. Never biked around those parts and will have my girlfriend with. She’s fairly new to mtb’ing but has really impressed me on the first couple of rides.

Looking for recommendations on where to go for some not overly technical, 8-11mi loops/out and back. Trail forks is a bit of a jumblefuck around there, will be doing some more scouring throughout the week. Was hoping Deer Valley would be open but it looks like they open the following weekend.

Feel free to PM if you don’t want to e-spray

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Most of the goods over in PC are good to go, up Jennis, up tommy two steps, then either silver queen to Johns down, or mojave to CMG down. Those are great loops, Johns might be a little over her head, a little tighter and rootier, so you could do Jennis back down to the loose moose intersection then ride that down.
    I wouldn't do lower CMG with a beginner. I would recommend doing a portion of mid mountain as it's a classic trail and not hard. You can even drive up to mid mountain at Empire Lodge and do a loop or out and back from there. PC doesn't always have great access points to mid mountain from the bottom which is why people get creative with shorter loops.

One short option is start at Empire Lodge (parking lot for bikes is above roundabout and paved/big) and head out on mid mountain to the west (towards PCMR) and go down Empire Link, then up Ontario Bypass back to midmountain and then go right back to car. After turning right on MM, If you want to make it longer, go up team big bear until you hit snow and turn around or loop it with Tour de suds if there is no snow. Boulder is more shaded and snowy this time of year so skip that.

Phal's rec of jennis to 2 step to silver queen is good, then back down Jennis (not great going down but most beginners/intermediates like it) then very lower CMG (which is not rocky like the section above it that I said you should avoid).

Armstrong-MM-Spiro is still a classic and should be doable for a strong beginner. Can always bail out via Hamm if it's not working out.

east or bust: Trailforks app is basically mandatory for someone new to PC. Even with it odds are good you'll get lost at some point.

^this is the way. I kind of always forget CMG is rocky from the MM intersection to the Jenni's one way spot. Loose moose is fun, intermediate friendly, and you'd avoid the uphill traffic from Jennis, but its nothing to write home about in terms of descent, but intermediate friendly
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Cool, thanks for the info all. Yea that PC area is exactly the jumble I was referring to. Luckily we have most of the day to get lost and be back to Alta by 5.

Be sure to update with a report and some pics

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Armstrong-MM-Spiro is still a classic and should be doable for a strong beginner. Can always bail out via Hamm if it's not working out.
    That would be my recommendation.

Currently in the PC ER
    Crashed at Glenwild.
    Hit my shin pretty bad. Blead all over. Wouldn't stop. filled up my sock . Then I crashed a second time and tagged my ribs. Pic may be gory. Got stiches.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Oh damn! I did something similar a few years ago on Empire. Got a nice look at my tibia and 14 stitches total (6 internal, 8 external). Thankfully the PC Instacare was able to hook me up and I avoided the ER.

Raising three active kids here on a high deductible plan, if it isn’t displaced, it always costs a lot less at one of the non IHC clinics. If its bad, roll for the ER. Glad you’re just scratched. Thanks for keeping the trails wet 🤪

Mill D has 2 downed trees and a 10' patch of snow on the rock garden just before Deso Lake. But otherwise in great shape. Get after it!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220608_161929.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	418400

Sent from my SM-S908U using TGR Forums mobile app

Moose puddle and Yeti closed. I’d crashed and was bleeding so tried to poach the quick way home and ran into work crew.