Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2514
    That young buck looks like a young bull.

Ben Lomond on Sunday, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Ben Lomond on Sunday, anyone?
    What route are you thinking?

N->S traverse from Perry to N. Ogden. I usually prefer to loop it by pedaling 89 but am open to shuttling out the road.

Would love to join for that! The first time I did this ride I "shuttled" using the city bus. Doesn't work on Sundays though : )

Funny I was thinking the time for an Ogden ride was approaching with the temps getting more reasonable.
    What's the mileage without the shuttle? And what's the water situation on that slog?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Loop option is 39 miles, 6,400 vert. 14 miles on the road. The first few miles is downhill then mostly dead flat to Perry, usually takes me about an hour spinning easy. It's super chill early on a Sunday morning. Time-wise it's not much slower than shuttling by the time you do all the driving, and oh so satisfying to complete the loop. It's also nice to be warmed up when you start climbing. Recommend having fresh sealant in your tires as there's a shitload of goatheads at the bottom of Perry.

There's a killer spring in Willard Basin that should be flowing even in a year this dry. 3 liters usually gets me there no problem. Normal flow is several gallons per minute so there should be a trickle at least. If it's totally dry shit will get interesting, but we could probably bum some water off some jeepers.

The climb is definitely a slog. There's a couple short grade reversals as you get to Willard but otherwise it's 5-6 hours of continuous hard climbing. I have no idea what kind of shape the Perry climb is in. There's usually about 2 miles of shitfuck bushwacking from the upper Whiterock junction until it breaks out onto the open upper slopes. The last conditions report on Trailforks is from a year ago and reported "significant brush, deadfall and stump-craters" from mile 4.5 to 5.3.

Sounds wonderful. I think I had mapped a longer version which adds S Skyline and finishes at the reservoir, that one would have to be shuttled as it's 40 miles on dirt.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

DTM, have you tried Willard mountain road on the other side of the ridge?

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    DTM, have you tried Willard mountain road on the other side of the ridge?
    I drove up it to about Black Mountain on Monday. It would be a slow, long brutal shuttle with bikes, it's pretty much an ATV trail. Unless you had a side by side with a rack which you could zoom right up.

If you are talking about biking up it, you would be in a dusty ATV hellscape, it's a busy road.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    If you are talking about biking up it, you would be in a dusty ATV hellscape, it's a busy road.
    Yeah, springsproject did that once. Once. Plus, no loop option that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, springsproject did that once. Once. Plus, no loop option that way.
    Have you done skyline as an out and back?

I’ve done it to Willard peak and back from the pass lots of times.

Never have. I'm sure it's fun that way, and certainly a lot less vert if you start from NOD. But, I'm a sucker for a big loop and the Perry climb is pretty cool.

I've also heard that Cutler Spring in North Fork Park is a cool descent but haven't gotten around to riding it.

Another trip up Perry canyon without seeing a soul. It's a good thing there's some moto traffic on it or it would just disappear. It's probably in the best shape I've ever seen. The Willard spring is down but still flowing.

7 hrs round trip, such a great day on the bike.

^^ Sick!!

The high elevation playground is starting to show some colors:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210912_223710862.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	385278

Looks like a sick ride dantheman! Thanks for documenting, it's now on my to-do list. I've only ridden the Eden epic loop and that was a cool, but tough ride

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Eden Epic is a huuuge ride! The loop I did is definitely easier.

Sounds like the mayor is going to make an announcement RE: the foothill trails master plan tomorrow, 9/14 @ 9:30 AM.

DTM, that's one of the rides I miss the most from the Wasatch, way to crush it!

My dream ride was to do So. Skyline, then the Perry loop, and finish with a reverse So. Skyline. I almost made it happen before I left but ran of daylight/didn't bring lights blah blah...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1755101280

Some day I'll come back and ride with you dudes!

^^ really cool ride DTM, thanks for documenting. well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by springsproject View Post
    DTM, that's one of the rides I miss the most from the Wasatch, way to crush it!

My dream ride was to do So. Skyline, then the Perry loop, and finish with a reverse So. Skyline. I almost made it happen before I left but ran of daylight/didn't bring lights blah blah...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1755101280

Some day I'll come back and ride with you dudes!
    That's an insane figure 8! Especially so using BST to get from Ogden to Perry.

I'm still super thankful for you, beaterdit, JTrue, and Daywalker dragging me up it the first time years ago. Probably wouldn't have done it if I had fully grasped what I was getting into, LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/SLCMayor/vi...50838615599684

Sound's like she's folding to the Save Our Foothills Fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/SLCMayor/vi...50838615599684

Sound's like she's folding to the Save Our Foothills Fucks.
    As expected. Follow the property tax money...
    Guess this will be another fall of scaring old ladies and running over small dogs while marveling at the pristine and untouched foothills covered in oh-so-rare plants.
    Last edited by Boissal; 09-14-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling

No plans for budget adjustments, but they're hiring multiple new consultants to perform what will probably be several hundred grand worth of studies. LOL, what a farce this has become.