Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    Bikes have two wheels. Two is an even number. You can ride on even days.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mid mountain isn't quite there yet. For some reason I thought Armstrong to Spiro would be good to go. It's not. Plenty of big snow patches and downed trees once you get onto mid mtn. Surprisingly dry up there already though, going to a short flower season and a long hot summer is my prediction. I've never seen virgin's Bower in bloom before the trees leaf out.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Was originally thinking flying dog but decided on a different linkup to try and avoid the crowds. If you're looking for something different or just don't want to see any people give this a go, or at least the singletrack parts. Mostly really good dirt out there too.

https://bit.ly/3bJ18Rx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F4C0698-1EB7-45E6-AFA0-59944A99332E.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	328979
    Last edited by dfinn; 05-19-2020 at 09:58 AM.

How's the backside of MoPi running right now? Not too wet? I love that section but it can be brutal when it's flowing and the beavers have been at it...

Sometimes I just think of this: "It's even odds that on odd days, you can't even bike, that's odd"

dfinn, I recognized that spot immediately. That's a neat zone for sure.

Nice variation Dan.

I’m a big fan of the GWT loop starting at east canyon and finishing on Moose, which is reportedly in good shape right now too.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    How's the backside of MoPi running right now? Not too wet? I love that section but it can be brutal when it's flowing and the beavers have been at it...
    Mostly dry if you don't count the stream crossings which I think actually make it pretty fun but some people might prefer riding it when its dried up. No snow and just a few muddy patches.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Nice variation Dan.

I’m a big fan of the GWT loop starting at east canyon and finishing on Moose, which is reportedly in good shape right now too.
    That trail is dead to me but I might try a loop like that with Baby Head Ridge, kind of want to see what that is all about.

Don't do it! Babyhead ridge is a miserable babyhead death march. I did it once years ago with JTrue and neither of us has even been back.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Don't do it! Babyhead ridge is a miserable babyhead death march. I did it once years ago with JTrue and neither of us has even been back.
    Baby head does suck major dongs yet I've seen an absolute glut of cars parked at the base every time I've been up there these past 2 weeks. Is there anything else of interest to ride from there? Alexander Creek worthy? Loop it with MoPi and Sheep Trail? All those bros aren't spinning doughnut on the greens of the golf course...

Hah, same. Didn't mind the babyheads, did mind that much of the "trail" was so completely overgrown with shoulder-high weeds that there was no discernible trail at all. Just plowing through weeds, desperately trying to keep the bars straight, guessing where the trail might have been at one time in the distant past. Glad I brought arm/elbow pads that day. If you're going to do it just to do it, go ASAP before that stuff grows any more than it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Is there anything else of interest to ride from there?
    In my highly opinionated opinion no but some people just don't want it to die. Go for a hike, see if you find something like you like.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    If you ask me, no but some people just don't want it to die. Go for a hike, see if you find something like you like.
    Sounds like I'll stick with my Sheep Trail loops instead of dropping Alexander Creek... The thought of riding that pavement section back to Little Dell doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Enjoy that while it lasts. Not the number of cars, the actual parking lot. Vail sold the main PCMR parking lot to developers last year and it's slated to become condos or something.
    I think the development plans go back to the Powdr ownership. Not that Vail isn't happy to cash the checks.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Went down to Hobble Creek and rode packard-mapleton-Kirkman. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it till recently, and had never been down. A bit of a drive, but honestly better than most riding close to salt lake, with AF style moto trails. Bone dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I think the development plans go back to the Powdr ownership. Not that Vail isn't happy to cash the checks.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I acknowledged that in a follow up post. It's impossible to pass by an easy opportunity to slag vail.
    Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    Went down to Hobble Creek and rode packard-mapleton-Kirkman. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it till recently, and had never been down. A bit of a drive, but honestly better than most riding close to salt lake, with AF style moto trails. Bone dry.
    Cool. I've been looking at that stuff for a few years but never made it happen.

Babyhead is fine, its part of the Wasatch 100 and gets a bunch foot traffic. Haven't done it this year but it was cleaned up last spring. Assume not bushy yet, might want to suck it up and HB up to remove dead fall in the upper forest. Billow likes it but that's not saying much.

Whats up with all that stuff just east of MoPi? Privet Moto network......
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

East canyon resort owns most all of the land on both sides of SR65 dropping down towards east canyon res, farther S is a bunch of giant dicks, 910 cattle company.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    East canyon resort owns most all of the land on both sides of SR65 dropping down towards east canyon res, farther S is a bunch of giant dicks, 910 cattle company.
    Guess if I actually look at the compass its more the south side of MoPi .

Looks like a contained network of single and ATV double track. Apparently sometimes they pop out about 1/3rd of the way down MoPi (DH right) or GWT about a 1/3rd of the way before bald mountain.

Probably get attacked by dogs or shot. Heatmaps make it look like a backyard moto/atv trail.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Some history (closer to the towers)

http://www.utahnordic.com/sites/defa...%201994-01.pdf

910 Wilderness set for skiing by Bob Woody The 910 Wilderness Company just east of Parley's Summit opens its land to cross country skiing again this year. The fare: S5 a user, same as last.Sorry folks, no season's passes this season.Simply haven't got the operations and facilities up to full steam yet, says owner David Bernolfo. The Salt Lake City businessman bought 10,000 acres of the Jeremy Ranch outback last year for his 910 cattle operations. He opened with 11 kilometers of groomed track. Report from TUNA users: Great terrain! Great conditions! But hordes of mountain bikers this summer were a problem, says Bernolfo. They came down off a Salt Lake City-Forest Service trail along Alexander Ridge, spooking cattle and calves. The calves—separated from their mothers — tend to flee down narrow draws and trails with the mountain bikers in back and unable to pass. Mothers started looking for thc calves and pretty soon the whole herd was moving down the mountain. One day he encountered — and talked to — 62 bikers in the Big Bear drainage. But words and signs didn't always work. "They say, 'We're lost and we are not doing damage'... or 'we don't care."' The terrain took a battering from bikers and spooked cattle. Otherwise, the calves flourished on the lush grasses that came in wake ofthe record snow. By season's end, they had put on an average 600 pounds. Unheard of! But for the most part, the cross country skiers were a delight, he said, friendly, courteous, considerate and helpful. A few tried to bum in without paying. "We took license plate numbers and explained our costs to the habitttals." The 910 Wilderness Company started with 11 kilometers of track with potential for 75 kilometers served by a string of yurts and cabins. A new loop has been added. The parking lot has been expanded. The horse barn has been finished and one part ofthe skier warm-up building.The company has added an improved, rebuilt DeLorean trail groomerto its fleet. "All we need is snow."

Are they the same ones that own all the land on East Canyon creek along the dirt road? Some prime fishing that is being locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Some history (closer to the towers)

http://www.utahnordic.com/sites/defa...%201994-01.pdf

910 Wilderness set for skiing by Bob Woody The 910 Wilderness Company just east of Parley's Summit opens its land to cross country skiing again this year. The fare: S5 a user, same as last.Sorry folks, no season's passes this season.Simply haven't got the operations and facilities up to full steam yet, says owner David Bernolfo. The Salt Lake City businessman bought 10,000 acres of the Jeremy Ranch outback last year for his 910 cattle operations. He opened with 11 kilometers of groomed track. Report from TUNA users: Great terrain! Great conditions! But hordes of mountain bikers this summer were a problem, says Bernolfo. They came down off a Salt Lake City-Forest Service trail along Alexander Ridge, spooking cattle and calves. The calves—separated from their mothers — tend to flee down narrow draws and trails with the mountain bikers in back and unable to pass. Mothers started looking for thc calves and pretty soon the whole herd was moving down the mountain. One day he encountered — and talked to — 62 bikers in the Big Bear drainage. But words and signs didn't always work. "They say, 'We're lost and we are not doing damage'... or 'we don't care."' The terrain took a battering from bikers and spooked cattle. Otherwise, the calves flourished on the lush grasses that came in wake ofthe record snow. By season's end, they had put on an average 600 pounds. Unheard of! But for the most part, the cross country skiers were a delight, he said, friendly, courteous, considerate and helpful. A few tried to bum in without paying. "We took license plate numbers and explained our costs to the habitttals." The 910 Wilderness Company started with 11 kilometers of track with potential for 75 kilometers served by a string of yurts and cabins. A new loop has been added. The parking lot has been expanded. The horse barn has been finished and one part ofthe skier warm-up building.The company has added an improved, rebuilt DeLorean trail groomerto its fleet. "All we need is snow."
    "The terrain took a battering from bikers and spooked cattle", gimme a break, five cows left to their own devices will obliterate acres of terrain faster than 100 bikers can damage 20 yards of trail... At the end of a season that herd will have trashed everything in its path regardless of disruption by bikers. Pretty much every acre of land in So UT shows evidence of this and the cattle down there doesn't see humans for months at a time...

Suppose now is a good time to talk the seldom. Cammel toe is over cool, flying hog is like going to the mall to try and find a girlfriend. Everyone should just brag about lambs canyon and bring a saw.

There are plenty of signs and fences making it clear not to drop down into Big Bear Hollow area from GWT...Whats the beef with the cattle company? am I missing something? More people need to ride Moose anyways.

Meanwhile Bobsled was primo this eve before the rain, nice and tacky, lush and green. Some nice trail work on the upper section -thank you!

Think I'll sip some whiskey and watch Open Range tonight.