Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I'll drop you off at the start but NFW I'm signing up for that death ride... I've ridden most of that terrain in small sections of 20ish miles and each beat the shit out of me.
    It won't be that bad, plus you seem to enjoy riding unpleasant terrain more than most. The first half of the ride is all smooth-ish dirt road and you hit most of the rough sections going downhill.

AF is fucked up dry for early June, but with the alpine loop closed it’s pretty incredible and empty, if you’re into long pedals.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1622765900.018017.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	376344

Beauty!!
    Recommended AF long pedal loop please? I need to get out of the pen...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Mill Canyon->157->S. Fork Little Deer Creek->157->Tibble is a good time.

For a while I've also had my eye on some more Type 2 loops that start and finish in LCC and incorporate the Alta Dry Fork section of GWT. Alta Dry Fork GWT used to be one of my all time favorite descents, but I've heard that it's gotten a lot more popular with the motos and they've chewed it up pretty badly. Still worth doing once if you've never done it. Spectacular scenery.

That GOAT trail looks worth trying.

This was a pretty awesome day if you can swing the shuttle, though last I heard (2-3 years ago) GWT around the west side of Timp was in rough shape so buyer beware.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-City-to-Provo

Keep going..... I'm taking notes Interested in type2 loops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Beauty!!
    Recommended AF long pedal loop please? I need to get out of the pen...
    The loop DTM suggested is great and basically what I did the other day, although I like finishing with upper mud springs to lower tibble. There is so much potential for mega loops down there.

From that loop, once you hit the summit parking area after riding south fork little deer creek, you can add snow gauging-salamander flat-pine hollow for another good dh and about 1k more climbing. That takes you back to 157 then mud springs. If that’s still not enough, do snow gauging-salamander-timpooneke rd-bear canyon, then up pine hollow to take you back to 157. Borderline type 2, as pine hollow from the bottom sucks.

In other news, Black Forest is running great with some really nice work done throughout the trail, including a jump/drop into the first steep section. Get it before it’s ground down to bedrock again.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Keep going..... I'm taking notes Interested in type2 loops as well.
    The Type 2s start at Snowbird, climb to Sunset Pass then descend ADF. From the bottom of the ADF singletrack the easier option would be to continue down the 4x4 road to the Mineral Basin road, up to Hidden Peak and descend BMT. The truly masochistic option would be to ride 157 to Tibble and back up to Snowbird from there.

Good AF beta above, thanks.

Started late Sat and did Mill Canyon to 157 to S. Fork Little Deer Creek then hopped on Horse Flat. So far so good but then I went down Lame Horse to where it intersects the road and that was pretty lame and toasty, Snow Gauging/Salamander will be on the list for the next trip. I went back up Lame Horse and got back on DTM's loop with 157 then off to Mud Springs to check out the Overlook. I was thoroughly cooked after that and about to run out of water. Fortunately I ran into a couple kids who told me Mud Springs was a better DH than Tibble so I exited that way and will check out Tibble next time.

I thought about riding directly into Tibble Fork res when I got back to the car but there were about 500 people on paddle boards in the water so I put the bike away first. Rinsing off the dust in that cold ass water is glorious!
    Beautiful up there, super quiet, only ran into 1 other bike, 5 or 6 motos, and maybe 5 hikers. The amount of terrain and potential for big loops is enormous. It was my first time riding moto trails, the dust and the deep brake bumps are a bit of a bummer but at least I didn't feel bad skidding all over the place on the DH. All the moto peeps I came across were super cool, pulled over and shut off the engine to chat, a couple offered me some water, I was impressed.

Name:	PXL_20210605_183503752.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	376511

Name:	original_30338cd0-ea28-448f-8fcb-eea5457cb922_PXL_20210605_193407123.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	376512

The Grunge still goes if anyone's real motivated to ski it:

Name:	PXL_20210605_211123400.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	376513
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Name:	crest.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	376594

The crest is pretty much dry. I've been in denial about ski season being over but its probably time to embrace summer

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

That GOAT trail looks worth trying.
    Probably wouldn't be that fun on a bike is my impression, it's a bitch of a climb on the moto and usually very blown out. There are some trails not on the map around the AF overlook that would be pretty fun and in dark woods, they head back towards tibble.

One of my co workers wants to take some clients E biking. He asked me where they are legal? Where are they legal?

AF canyon, BST in SLC, Corner Canyon
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I just came upon Slyfox’s IG account. I knew he was a little kooky, but that shit is bonkers. Godspeed to anyone who gets in his van.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^ I dont even wanna know lol, rode in his van this morning. Couple 10' patches of snow in the usual spots, but otherwise clear (I was short on time and just went down Mill D).

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I just came upon Slyfox’s IG account. I knew he was a little kooky, but that shit is bonkers. Godspeed to anyone who gets in his van.

I had to unfollow that shitshow. I was afraid I was going to catch something.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I had to unfollow that shitshow. I was afraid I was going to catch something.
    Same here lol. Swore off the shuttle last year with all his propaganda too. The climbs up pinecone made me stronger, so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Same here lol. Swore off the shuttle last year with all his propaganda too. The climbs up pinecone made me stronger, so whatever.
    The propaganda is one thing.... the court records are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Probably wouldn't be that fun on a bike is my impression, it's a bitch of a climb on the moto and usually very blown out. There are some trails not on the map around the AF overlook that would be pretty fun and in dark woods, they head back towards tibble.
    GOAT's a good time. It's nice and steep. There's definitely better stuff in a AF, but it's a trail I've done a couple times and I'd do it again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post

C’mon, shuttling the world-famous Wasatch Crest trail is definitely worth needing to quarantine for two weeks afterwards…

It’s one thing to ride in a van with an unvaccinated, mask less driver for about an hour. It’s another thing when that van is also his bedroom.

Is the "Meadows Trail" that connects the GWT and City Creek rideable? Is it better/worse riding to stay on the Grandview Ridge to Rudy's Flat? Thinking about some big dumb loops

Name:  meadows trail.PNG
Views: 711
Size:  736.3 KB

technically at the top of city creek it says no bikes on a sign heading up that trail, and last i saw/heard from a runner friend it was seriously overgrown, but some may have better info than I.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

As Phall said it's technically closed to bike and massively overgrown. I checked it out last fall on foot, there's no sign of the trail at the top, it's all game trails. Once you get in the drainage the brush is otherworldly as there is water year round. Beautiful spot and it hardly sees any traffic other that the occasional hunter but it's better done in the winter.

Thanks Phall and Boissal! I'll check it out on foot instead

Report back, I’ve been wanting to go hunt deer up there.

I'll probably wait until fall, I don't think I'm hardy enough to go out there during peak bushwhacking season