Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Temps were brisk in CC last night. So nice not to sweat like a pig while climbing. That one ridge trail that has somehow stayed off Trailforks still seems to be mostly off the radar, surprisingly non-beat with fun rock surfing.

I could have sworn that was on there. Haven't ridden that in a little bit, need give it a spin soon. AF was quite chilly last night. Doesn't look like this storm is going to do much, another cold dusting.

There's a Strava segment for it but it's not on TF. The "Local Legend" has one effort in the last 90 days, heh.

The week after the washout we rebuilt it better than it was prior! It's super techy with no breaks for that last 100m section. Very difficult to look smooth on that, something to strive for, because any flaw in your technique is exposed on that stretch for sure.

I am doing a dig session on Wed around 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Happy to help!
    I always thought it ended at the huge washout from last season but when I rode it last week I realized it kept going all the way to the bridge. I tried that last section, mucho fun but I agree, it could use some help.
    Last edited by SJG; 10-26-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3611.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	345202

Bobsled season returns

Lower Flanders work is completed, it should flow much better now than before. Needs H2O and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Lower Flanders work is completed, it should flow much better now than before. Needs H2O and tires.
    Thanks for doing that. Stuck at work or I'd happily helped digging rocks and stuff.
    Looks like we're getting more riding days ahead so hopefully I get to sample it before it turns into my favorite way to exit Hogum on skis!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Name:	10-29-20-A.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	345690

Everyone shall perish....but not everyone will Parrish. Happy death day.

Name:	IMG_4694.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	809.3 KB 
ID:	345826

Name:	IMG_3627.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	345896

Freeride isn’t dead

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

Freeride isn’t dead
    haha so freeride!...if only the last 1000 ft of Parrish was that good

Got out for a couple laps today with my buddy Marshall. Great use of an ebike (not that I care how you use them), it's changed his life.

^^^^ So full of win ^^^^^

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fuck yeah!

That’s super rad. I was at deer valley a few years ago and the wounded warriors project was riding the lifts with similar bikes. Dudes were going full send. One told me he was all ready paralyzed so he didn’t really care about crashing. But really cool tech that gets people outside enjoying gravity.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I see them in round valley and at the trail side bike park. The idea of integrating pedal assist on these is huge. I remember thinking to myself “This is one time I wouldn’t mind seeing a motorcycle towing them up. Line selection has to be brutal with two front tires!

It was pretty cool following him. His bike has some good articulation and he could really lean it into corners in the front and then the back end would kind of drift around following. He rips on it. I might try to borrow a go pro next time we go out. He slays it on skis too, I've gotten to rip around the bird with him. Trail selection is pretty crucial, we accidentally rode some trails neither of us had been on yesterday and some sections were a little too skinny, he did a bit of weed whacking.
    Last edited by dfinn; 11-02-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    It was pretty cool following him. His bike has some good articulation and he could really lean it into corners in the front and then the back end would kind of drift around following. He rips on it. I might try to borrow a go pro next time we go out. He slays it on skis too, I've gotten to rip around the bird with him. Trail selection is pretty crucial, we accidentally rode some trails neither of us had been on yesterday and some sections were a little too skinny, he did a bit of weed whacking.
    Awesome Dan! so rad.

FYI, Just in case anyone hasn't noticed by looking up at the mountains... PC trails and upper elevations are still surprisingly dry/dusty....If you try can find a smidge of moisture and very small dusting of snow on some dark north facing aspects. get some.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Found some dark aspects tonight.

Name:	IMG_3653.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	794.2 KB 
ID:	346194

Name:	IMG_3652.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	346195

Elbow Fork is pretty fun. Too short and a hard climb but a great little piece of trail.

Evening Beartrappin ...could be any day now, get some before it does.

Name:	IMG_4721.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	346318

A few weeks late, but I had an eye surgery about a week ago that effectively ended my bike season (unless it doesn't snow much over the next month). Anyways, one of my final rides of the season was a modified version of the Brink in late October (starting from little Dell reservoir and cutting out Emi)

I remember reading about this trail from a Bike Magazine article (https://www.bikemag.com/features/feature-life-brink/) and immediately wanted to do it. But i was living in Spokane at the time so it got put on the back burner. side note: I'm about 95% sure I skied with Peter Donner who the bike mag article bases the story around during an epic pow day in Porter Fork in 2018. The mallwalker helped me piece that one together.

I was stoked to finally check this one off the list. The ride is really fun with some tough climbs/hike a bike sections. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun the descent down lookout's south ridge was! A good amount of downed trees at the moment especially on the NW of Lookout peak (that section kinda sucked, lots of downed trees and side hilling). Prior to this year, I had only biked Mo Pi in that area and have been stoked to find that a lot of the trails up there are bikable. Cool perspective of the Wasatch and SLC from up there.

Name:  PXL_20201023_222416085.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  123.6 KB

Some wildlife, but lots of hunters were out. All were super respectful and courteous.

Name:  PXL_20201023_215505726.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  194.4 KB

This is when the descent gets really fun
    Name:  PXL_20201023_233825759.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  124.4 KB

Nice work! There's a lot of trail between Emigration and Bountiful I need to get off my ass and ride--Sessions GWT, Grandview, North Holbrook, Parrish
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-05-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Hard to tell from the article which doesn't have pics any longer, is Brink the MoPi trail then up the nasty switchbacks of GWT to Big Mtn and then loop around to Lookout and come down to Little Mtn and eventually to the top of Emigration?
    If so it's still on my list after getting shut down by snow in the spring. Cool terrain up there, very quiet and much bigger than you'd expect.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Nice work! There's a lot of trail between Emigration and Bountiful I need to get off my ass and ride--Sessions GWT, Grandview, North Holbrook, Parrish
    I definitely agree on needing to explore those trails more. There's also a lot of potential. Not sure if all the trail building that's slated for the foothills in the coming years will connect that high up, but it would be cool if it did......

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Hard to tell from the article which doesn't have pics any longer, is Brink the MoPi trail then up the nasty switchbacks of GWT to Big Mtn and then loop around to Lookout and come down to Little Mtn and eventually to the top of Emigration?
    If so it's still on my list after getting shut down by snow in the spring. Cool terrain up there, very quiet and much bigger than you'd expect.
    That's pretty much it. I think traditionally you climb emi first, take little mtn ridge from the pass then do the loop you described and then exit Killyon Canyon and back down emi

I rode two new loops up that way this summer and I think both go into the rides to do at least yearly catagory. Not sure if I like the Mo Pi-Sheep Ridge -jeremy avenues loop (thanks to dfinn) or the brink more.

Name:	IMG_3663.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	346429

One more red bull before it gets put away for a while.