Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    [spam]

I'm doing a little fundraiser with Wasatch Adaptive Sports. Those of you that ski at the bird may have seen them around in the winter. It's a pretty rad organization making huge positive impacts in peoples lives. I'm a huge fan of what they do, I volunteer with them some in the winter.

Anyways, I've committed to riding 300 miles and 30k of vert in 30 days. I'm kind of slacking on that, I had to run back east for a slight family emergency. I've managed to get a few miles in back here but will be back in Utah next week and playing catch up. I'm also in last place on our team for fundraising. If anyone has any change they can spare it would be much appreciated, I can assure you it's going to a very worthy cause.

https://give.wasatchadaptivesports.o...raiser/2814473

[/spam]

Done. Go get on your bike!

Thanks! Heading out to check out a new spot later today, supposed to be some recently built east coast flow that a friend is working on.

Gnar Bros would like Silver Fork descent. Surfing the scree down some pretty steep pitches, sphincter puckering stuff if you like that sort of thing. Like Beartrap but I think it's more consistently steep.

The road to Arcylon leads here...

Super dry out there...lots of sand build up on the run-in to this jump on Arcylon made it extra slow...knuckled it the first time, swept out the sand and the speed was much better.

Arcylon access update: There is a parking lot being developed and 2 approach trails(guessing since there is 2 they will be directional?) where the new construction is off the upper road by 2 huge pine trees. Its great because this puts you right at the bottom of Arcylon...If you hate approaching the Arcylon trail from the lame YesLycra side/trail as much as I do this is a warm welcome. You can pedal to that area now by parking at the school ...park/access at you own risk. Guessing the new Arcylon parking lot and access trails will officially be open some time this summer?

Canyons Dropkick trail and Canyons DH trails are still there. Forgot how much fun Dropkick is and its running great. After a buddy suggested to give this linkup a try I did and it was super fun. Do a few laps on Dropkick and finish on Canyons DH. Canyons DH needs to be ridden more,its been years since I rode it, also needs to be cleaned up, scrub oak is taking over and a few sections are overgrown and getting washed out. Would be great to save this trail and get it running good again. With how popular Insurgent is Im surprised the Canyons DH trail is getting no love, I may go up and work on it when it cools off a bit....Its definitely a notch or two gnarlier then Insurgent but so good. IMO these trails should be signed, made official to the public, and put on Trailforks. No reason to let them fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post

Canyons Dropkick trail and Canyons DH trails are still there. Forgot how much fun Dropkick is and its running great. After a buddy suggested to give this linkup a try I did and it was super fun. Do a few laps on Dropkick and finish on Canyons DH. Canyons DH needs to be ridden more,its been years since I rode it, also needs to be cleaned up, scrub oak is taking over and a few sections are overgrown and getting washed out. Would be great to save this trail and get it running good again. With how popular Insurgent is Im surprised the Canyons DH trail is getting no love, I may go up and work on it when it cools off a bit....Its definitely a notch or two gnarlier then Insurgent but so good. IMO these trails should be signed, made official to the public, and put on Trailforks. No reason to let them fade away.
    How do I access those two? Is drop kick visible just below mid mountain?

Drop kick is on trail forks but yeah just below mm by the orange bubble chair...Cayons dh is near that same area underneath the orange bubble
    Lift ...from drop kick, go up the lift (east)road past the small warming lodge there will be a small hill on your right go up and the dh trail will be on your left

You can see canyons dh in heatmap mode on TF

Some guy assaulted my kid on Ricochet over the weekend after he crashed missing them. The hikers on down hill only trails thing is getting out of hand.

Yeah, there’s some aggro behavior in pc this weekend, my lady rode Armstrong crest canyons and while waiting for a friend at the bottom of pine cone come guy comes down huffing and shaking his head saying, “you know, you’d avoid all the downhill riders if you went up jennis to blazing saddles, that’s the better way” then two other women asked her friend where they were from and when they said salt lake they very were coarse and rudely said “oh so you’re up here poaching our trails”. Follow that up with nearly getting run off jennis 4 times by rental riding tourists. I was on the SS so I was not going to stop pedaling. I have a feeling we’re 1-2 years out on some thing very serious from happening, either someone dying or some major restrictions. There was an op-Ed in the park record recently stating that there should be a trail fee for all non-summit county residents, as the SLC folks just don’t spend any money in park city.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    There was an op-Ed in the park record recently stating that there should be a trail fee for all non-summit county residents, as the SLC folks just don’t spend any money in park city.
    lol, nimby bitches

Jenny’s is uphill only now, right? There is no good answer. I am always watching for hikers. You need to assume they are there regardless of trail designation. I apologize for my neighbor’s. I climb Pine cone at least once a week, and it does get nerve wracking with people coming down. I’ve started doing it very early, which seems to alleviate about 90% of the shuttle riders bombing down at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Jenny’s is uphill only now, right? There is no good answer. I am always watching for hikers. You need to assume they are there regardless of trail designation. I apologize for my neighbor’s. I climb Pine cone at least once a week, and it does get nerve wracking with people coming down. I’ve started doing it very early, which seems to alleviate about 90% of the shuttle riders bombing down at you.
    Jenny’s is bidirectional, shitty both ways, and ground zero for tourists on rental bikes.

I think a sign at the top of Jenni's right at the entrance to the woods "STOP READ THIS SIGN-Jenni's is a bidirectional trail at this point, please use caution descending as it is a popular ascent and uphill riders have the right of way" Could make a world of difference. I don't think any of the rental shops/etc are educating those who take bikes out.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Only the bottom half of Jenni’s up until it intersects with CMG is uphill only.

I’d be OK paying for an annual trail pass to ride PC. I ride there frequently and rarely spend money in town (especially in the wonderful year of 2020.) I’d also be OK if passes were required to ride CC and drive your vehicle up LCC in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    You can see canyons dh in heatmap mode on TF
    On TF, if you use a PC then you can see it with videos and whatnot from 2015.
    Phone TF and web-page TF don't always have the same trails or info. (No clue about Macintosh shenanigans)
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Only the bottom half of Jenni’s up until it intersects with CMG is uphill only.

I’d be OK paying for an annual trail pass to ride PC. I ride there frequently and rarely spend money in town (especially in the wonderful year of 2020.) I’d also be OK if passes were required to ride CC and drive your vehicle up LCC in the winter.
    Donating to Mountain Trails yearly is my pass. Which reminds me....

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Donating to Mountain Trails yearly is my pass. Which reminds me....
    Yep, I’ve done that before too but not every season.

I’d pay $50 annually for a PC (or Mountain Trails) pass. I’d pay the same for a CC pass.

I’d pay $100-$200 for a LCC winter parking sticker on my windshield. No gate at the mouth of the canyon like Millcreek. Just a sticker that if your vehicle gets spotted without while parked in LCC between 11/1 and 5/1 you are subject to a very expensive parking ticket ($100ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I've been pushing it this season riding more techy stuff and going faster all around and I was very aware of the possibility of taking a big digger while playing that game. What I didn't expect is to crack a helmet on a flat section of easy trail that I've ridden a bunch. I got complacent, lowered my guard for a second, and now I'm even dumber than I was last week!

It was my first time hitting my head and despite hearing horror stories about head trauma from Ms Boissal (who has been seeing a bunch of bad mountain biking accidents and resulting scrambled brains) the whole thing remained very abstract to me. Shit, I've been around buddies who knocked themselves out skiing and would repeat the same questions at 10 minutes intervals for a while as they recovered and I thought it was worrisome but kinda funny. Not being able to identify the PC ridgeline when I spend about 100 days a year looking at it had me reassess that attitude though. I guess I'm going to wear a helmut skiing from now on, all feelings of invincibility have evaporated!
    Glad your ok, we do get a lot of donors from head trauma....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I road down pinecone the other day, slow respectful etc and some douche bag gave me the you better slow down talk. I think he was surprised when I stopped and said “excuse me”?

Didn’t really have an answer, I was going like 10mph and stepped up off the trail before he even got to me (as I always do).

Some people really think they are the swing set police

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I road down pinecone the other day, slow respectful etc and some douche bag gave me the you better slow down talk. I think he was surprised when I stopped and said “excuse me”?

Didn’t really have an answer, I was going like 10mph and stepped up off the trail before he even got to me (as I always do).

Some people really think they are the swing set police

HA! Some people can't help themselves, they have to yell at you no matter what
    Last time I rode Armstrong I came across a lady hiker who was standing in the middle of the dirt road you cross right at the split with Spiro. She was looking my way and not moving, I had plenty of room so I said hi and went around her on the downhill side. Next thing I know something is hitting my pack. I look back all confused and she's frothing at the mouth ready to take another swing at me! I was so surprised I kept pedaling and barely managed a feeble "WTF lady?" Last I saw of her she was screaming that hikers had the right-of-way and I should have stopped for her. I was probably pushing 7 mph when I went by and she had to take a couple steps in my direction to punch me in the back...

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    [spam]

I'm doing a little fundraiser with Wasatch Adaptive Sports. Those of you that ski at the bird may have seen them around in the winter. It's a pretty rad organization making huge positive impacts in peoples lives. I'm a huge fan of what they do, I volunteer with them some in the winter.

Anyways, I've committed to riding 300 miles and 30k of vert in 30 days. I'm kind of slacking on that, I had to run back east for a slight family emergency. I've managed to get a few miles in back here but will be back in Utah next week and playing catch up. I'm also in last place on our team for fundraising. If anyone has any change they can spare it would be much appreciated, I can assure you it's going to a very worthy cause.

https://give.wasatchadaptivesports.o...raiser/2814473

[/spam]
    Done!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks Lee, much appreciated, some good fish karma coming your way.

I wonder if that is the same lady that grabbed me at the Olympic Park? We seem to create a bit too much crazy in this town. I’m really making a point to try to say something kind to anyone that shows etiquette or politeness of any sort. Hopefully it is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    On TF, if you use a PC then you can see it with videos and whatnot from 2015.
    Phone TF and web-page TF don't always have the same trails or info. (No clue about Macintosh shenanigans)
    Canyons DH trail has been added to trailforks should be able to view it now