Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2514
    I always skip Red Coat because it sucks, or has it been improved on in the last 5 or 7+ years? I remember it as very flat with turns that don't match the speed you get up to.

^^^it's all subjective of course but I think Red Coat is awesome! hand built single track with roots and rocks and a couple of (very) small bridges. wish there were more of these kinds of trails!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Came from the north, got a hotel in park city for the night.

Pedaled up hollys then ambush. Got shutdown halfway up ambush by a moose who cared more about eating bushes then getting off the trail for tourists like us. Turned around and took the road to top of insurgent.

Insurgent dirt was insanely perfect, tacky! Awesome trail. Perfect ride after a few hours in the car to close out the day.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Came from the north, got a hotel in park city for the night.

Pedaled up hollys then ambush. Got shutdown halfway up ambush by a moose who cared more about eating bushes then getting off the trail for tourists like us. Turned around and took the road to top of insurgent.

Insurgent dirt was insanely perfect, tacky! Awesome trail. Perfect ride after a few hours in the car to close out the day.

Thanks for the recommendations.

You got to meet one of our resident moose AND ride insurgent with great dirt. I call that 2/2.

Glad you had fun.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    You got to meet one of our resident moose AND ride insurgent with great dirt. I call that 2/2.
    For sure. Hopefully Google took him down 40 and 189 back to 15.

Decided to hike this morning and glad I did since the rain showed up early. Looked like quite a washout most places.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 08-20-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Really quiet out there tonight. Days are quickly getting shorter, but damn, I love fall riding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBB82722-A2B7-42C4-8417-3283CC27C5F2.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	538.3 KB 
ID:	424344

Name:	953D2C3C-DAAD-440B-B791-A463B1DBF71B.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	613.2 KB 
ID:	424345

Not really the wasatch, but close enough. Brian head the last 2 days 🤯 What a place. Looking forward to some relaxed shuttle rides tomorrow and Tuesday after hammering at the park.

Quick shot of the mrs finding the line on lil gritty

Name:	IMG_0670.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	707.8 KB 
ID:	424391

Heard from some locals they are turning lil gritty into a jump line next year? RIP, glad we got to experience it as it is today

Glad you're loving it. Brianhead is a special place. Turning Lil Gritty into a jump line would be unfortunate, I think. Brianhead just isn't the kind of place that is conducive to jump lines in general. It's a giant pile of (awesome) rocks.

Excellent dirt in BCC this morning. It's been an amazing summer.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	426053

keepin it moist

Rowdy!

Name:  IMG_1752.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  353.9 KB
    More of this please, nice work.

Marshal and Boissal gave me a tour of that zone a few weekends back. Pretty rad stuff, though I can't recall if that specific spot was on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Marshal and Boissal gave me a tour of that zone a few weekends back. Pretty rad stuff, though I can't recall if that specific spot was on the agenda.
    Yeah its at the Bird right off Big Mtn trail...Super obvious, both the skidders up there are signed/flagged/marked...heard from a couple sources that Snowbird sanctioned the trails? Not sure who built them, but they are obviously marked and signed. Hopefully an addition will be added down to the bottom...explored the gad2 zone and there is some very nice potential. It would be an absolute pleasure to hand build trail in there! such good terrain. Nice work whoever built those sections, thanks!

Oh, hah, I was thinking the pic was at Brighton. We also rode all the Snowbird stuff the following weekend and that kicked ass too. We definitely rode that spot, everything just looks way different from the bottom. Probably a stretch to say that Snowbird has "sanctioned" the trails, but they certainly aren't shutting them down. Pretty cool that they're letting it ride.

Be careful group riding on the lower Gad 2 segment (the one below the Gad 2 base on the far skier's left part of Get Serious). It's pretty raw and I kicked a ~20-lb rock loose that trundled into the lead rider who had already made the switchback. Luckily it ended up just glancing off his elbow with relatively little damage, but it could have ended much worse.

How far up big mtn to hit these trails? Start from the top?

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Yeah its at the Bird right off Big Mtn trail...Super obvious, both the skidders up there are signed/flagged/marked...heard from a couple sources that Snowbird sanctioned the trails? Not sure who built them, but they are obviously marked and signed. Hopefully an addition will be added down to the bottom...explored the gad2 zone and there is some very nice potential. It would be an absolute pleasure to hand build trail in there! such good terrain. Nice work whoever built those sections, thanks!
    Looks like the Bird has "sanctioned" one segment that is very visible but the bulk of the stuff is still on the DL and I would have never found it if I had been out there looking on my own. Even now that I've ridden some sections twice I can guarantee I would miss some of the entrances.
    Gad2 has quite a bit of stuff already done. Rowdy terrain, not much dirt to move around before you get to the rocks. Makes for some very committing steep bits.

DTM is right, watch the looseness in those zones. The rock he sent down that took down a rider was one of many that decided they wanted to come along for the ride. It's pretty bad when they stay under your wheels and eventually smack frame/wheel/legs, it's another story altogether when they have murderous intent and attack people 100' down the trail.

Altabird92, there are sections scattered all up and down BMT, none of them particularly obvious except for the one that is now official. I bet a look at the heatmaps would inform you on locations.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I went to the Fezzari "warehouse sale" today because I have been hoping to upgrade my hardtail without spending a ton, and saw a few people posting that they would have a lot of bikes on sale. I get there and the bikes are 5% off. Lol. Giant waste of time. The only good deal was specialized bottles for $1 but the line to pay was so long I just left. It seems like there is a lot of Fezzari hate and I don't know why, but I will boycott them now because calling 5% off a "warehouse sale" is fucking insulting. Should have just gone riding instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I went to the Fezzari "warehouse sale" today because I have been hoping to upgrade my hardtail without spending a ton, and saw a few people posting that they would have a lot of bikes on sale. I get there and the bikes are 5% off. Lol. Giant waste of time. The only good deal was specialized bottles for $1 but the line to pay was so long I just left. It seems like there is a lot of Fezzari hate and I don't know why, but I will boycott them now because calling 5% off a "warehouse sale" is fucking insulting. Should have just gone riding instead.
    Hooray for only paying some of the sales tax I guess?? 5% is fairly insulting for sure.

It's been quite perfect out there lately. Snuck in an LCC ride last night when the apocalyptic forecast failed to materialize, humid and moody:

Name:	original_3f157300-272c-41b8-938f-bd264db3d060_PXL_20220922_014130679 (1).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	427239

Today was even better, cool temps the whole day and quite a bit of wind up high, trees starting to turn in places, real grippy dirt, and fairly quiet. Had an argument with a moose in the Colony, cow wouldn't budge and it took some doing to get her on her way. Anything that exists within that zone is an entitled pain in the ass...

Name:	PXL_20220922_204718288_2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	427240
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Name:	IMG_6462.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	427243
    testing some new stuff...dirts been nice!

I wonder if Fezzari was just trying to impress their “ambassadors” with a big turn out. They are doing their summit this weekend and I have an old acquaintance from riding back east who’s an ambassador who’s in town.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Amazing dirt around Snowbasin today. It doesn't get much better than this.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    testing some new stuff...dirts been nice!
    Damn... Big one!! Better not case it or come up short, those pine branches would tickle a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I wonder if Fezzari was just trying to impress their “ambassadors” with a big turn out. They are doing their summit this weekend and I have an old acquaintance from riding back east who’s an ambassador who’s in town.
    It was a very strange scene. When I was there it felt like half the people mulling around were "ambassadors" all wearing matching camo shirts with the Fezzari logo. I was talking to a guy about some of the forks they were selling and he was being weirdly pushy about how I needed to buy one of the DVO forks they had, then I realized he was an "ambassador." Weird culty vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    It was a very strange scene. When I was there it felt like half the people mulling around were "ambassadors" all wearing matching camo shirts with the Fezzari logo. I was talking to a guy about some of the forks they were selling and he was being weirdly pushy about how I needed to buy one of the DVO forks they had, then I realized he was an "ambassador." Weird culty vibe.
    Gross. It sounds just like Scientology... but you wouldn't be embarrassed to tell your friends you rode a Scientologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Damn... Big one!! Better not case it or come up short, those pine branches would tickle a bit!
    true, ...and this jump could easily be 10ft+ longer with the current speed, so you have to brake into it to not overshoot....not sure yet if we're going to make this one bigger(massive) or make the first setup jump smaller.