Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2514
    Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    It was pulled from Pacific Crest Trail Association....Im no expert, but guessing this is what they determined to have the least impact on that wilderness areas character....blasting leaves a more natural appearance as if the tree broke "fuzzy stumping"
    Holy. Shit.

It was pulled from Pacific Crest Trail Association....Im no expert, but guessing this is what they determined to have the least impact on that wilderness areas character....blasting leaves a more natural appearance as if the tree broke "fuzzy stumping"
    Also - if that's Designated Wilderness, they're not allowed to use chain saws. And explosives have *got* to be easier than a crosscut saw on trees like that.

Does anyone want a free 25 L rotomolded cooler? I ended up with two of these and really don't need a second one.

I'll take of it's still around and there is no one more deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Does anyone want a free 25 L rotomolded cooler? I ended up with two of these and really don't need a second one.

Pm sent. I’m local and would be stoked to use it for fishing with mrs whyturn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Timestamps indicate that ghosthop called dibs first. Shoot me a PM and we'll figure out a pickup.

Sorry, whyturn!

eta: In the interest of fairness and getting this thing the fuq out of my house, first dibs exclusivity expires in 48 hours
    Last edited by Dantheman; 07-07-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Can't belive how blown our solitude trails are already. 80 in the parking lot there at 5PM last night. We're in for it

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Trying to keep the car at elevation so the dog doesn't get too hot, but haven't ever really been to that area
    Just a heads up about PowMow; make sure you check here before committing to a weekend: https://www.utahmtb.org/trails

The spreadsheet at the bottom shows what HS teams are practicing where and when. Powder frequently runs at 400% capacity and that doesn't include the teams that didn't update the spreadsheet plus all of the other public up there.

Also: https://www.getoutandlive.org/p/about/eldoce

Can't belive how blown our solitude trails are already. 80 in the parking lot there at 5PM last night. We're in for it
    I don't think I could survive the main corner on Serenity if I ever rode that trail downhill. Even going uphill at 4mph it's sketchy and the front wants to wash away...
    Rode Beartrap last night, hadn't been there in 3 weeks. Quite the change from the insanely sticky dirt I found on my previous trip down it. The upper rut is an exercise in 2 wheel drifting.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Queen Bess 4lyfe!

Ha we were up there playing disc golf last nite, temps were great...had to be at least 100 kids out on the xc trails.

Solitude has A-MA-ZING terrain like BC Whistler/Squamish quality... how are there not like the best trails in Utah right here? Why are there only xc trails?

Rumors that Brighton are going to be building trails... I cringe of the thought of a contractor going up there with their excavators ripping out all the good roots and rocks and building some BS bench cut green flow trail. I know for a fact that a contractor was trying to bid for the business and they wanted to build another green flow trail that would be built by the Great Western side for summer camps etc. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123;6[ATTACH=CONFIG
    420957[/ATTACH]649150]Ha we were up there playing disc golf last nite, temps were great...had to be at least 100 kids out on the xc trails.

Solitude has A-MA-ZING terrain like BC Whistler/Squamish quality... how are there not like the best trails in Utah right here? Why are there only xc trails?

Rumors that Brighton are going to be building trails... I cringe of the thought of a contractor going up there with their excavators ripping out all the good roots and rocks and building some BS bench cut green flow trail. I know for a fact that a contractor was trying to bid for the business and they wanted to build another green flow trail that would be built by the Great Western side for summer camps etc. Makes me want to pull my hair out.
    Truth. Soli & Brighton have proper terrain with actual dirt, lots of steeps, roots and rocks. Which will all be carefully removed to make machine-built carpet if and when a contractor is given the chance. Those places need BC-style trail building, basically people taking time and doing things by hand using as many natural features as possible down the damn fall line as opposed to across it. There's clearly enough interest in that and motivated people who would take the time.

BT last night. Beauty:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220708_023052819.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	420957
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Ha we were up there playing disc golf last nite, temps were great...had to be at least 100 kids out on the xc trails.

U no haz faith in Soli's pending "gravity flow mountain biking park"?

Oh, speaking of bullshit, some friends went to Sundance last weekend and the new owners have ruined the place. All bikes must depart at the mid-station, and they razed most of the DH track and sanitized what was left. But, there's a sweet new green flow trail!

U no haz faith in Soli's pending "gravity flow mountain biking park"?
    Oh, speaking of bullshit, some friends went to Sundance last weekend and the new owners have ruined the place. All bikes must depart at the mid-station, and they razed most of the DH track and sanitized what was left. But, there's a sweet new green flow trail!
    #2 seems to suggest that #1 is not going to happen as we hope.

Been walking a few zones trying to wrap my head around the possibility of building something worthy. After years of developing climbing routes, the complexity of a trail building project is a bit daunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    #2 seems to suggest that #1 is not going to happen as we hope.
    Oh God no, hence the ironic use of meme-speak. They are supposed to be hiring Gravity Logic to build it, but I'm sure it will be under a mandate to build standard Holy Roller vanilla shit, not "Here's the mountain and a pile of cash, go build whatever rad shit you can think up and let us know when it's done." Then they'll allocate no money for maintenance and it will be in complete disrepair within one summer. However, there's at least 50:50 odds that it will still end up better than Deer Valley

Someone posted on FB just barely that they called Soli and they said they were planning on building a bike park next year. The hearsay machine is strong.
    I got real baked with a buddy one night eons ago and mentally planned out this sick trail through gad/gad 2 area. Solitude seems like a worthy adversary
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Not rumors, they formally announced the plan last month: https://unofficialnetworks.com/2022/...eeting-future/

They're also building a bunch of new summer activity stuff, clearly trying to compete with Snowbird for summer kook touron dollars.

Ah ya know Alterra Mountain Company got a hard on for a Gravity Logic Flow Park...gunna be so fire...and...flowy.

To be fair not trying to flex or anything, love me some Tidal Wave and Tsunami laps, they are fun but, but, if thats all/ the only types of trails Solitude is going to be building that just sucks. When they are calling it a "Gravity Logic Flow Park" hopes are low....Unless they build an exact replica of A-line and Dirt Merchant ...and these are my demands

Maybe theres hope...most of the resorts under their ownership have a good/decent bike park.
    Last edited by mar123; 07-08-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ...Those places need BC-style trail building, basically people taking time and doing things by hand using as many natural features as possible down the damn fall line as opposed to across it. There's clearly enough interest in that and motivated people who would take the time...
    100% this

Anyone have any more info on what's up w High Star Ranch? Saw trails are "temporarily" closed due to mansion construction, but also heard there is some drama w mtb'rs and locals over there, like maybe the biking scene and trails aren't much welcomed anymore?? ...buddy was saying there was some heat amongst different user groups over there and trails might be finished, but couldn't find much more info to back this??? Seems pretty Yellowstone over there, so gotta wonder.

My understanding is they are doing more construction which directly impacts access from parking lot to trailhead so just closing for safety. Have also heard the user issues(mtbrs riding on grass and through neighborhoods), could be a bit of both

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    My understanding is they are doing more construction which directly impacts access from parking lot to trailhead so just closing for safety. Have also heard the user issues(mtbrs riding on grass and through neighborhoods), could be a bit of both

yeah I get that ...but isn't it a bit excessive to close down the whole trail system? Seems like a ride around the construction zone to access the trails would be logical. Are some of the trails lower down like radke, and whip it going to be taken out by the construction? like how high up are they building and how extensive is the construction going to be? ...gotta wonder if theres more to it?

If their building a whole new community this is probably going to be a multi year construction project...maybe im wong, I dont know....seems the trails will probably fade away if thats the case

Sounds like another victim of the explosion of new bikers since covid. When I lived in PC in 18/19, high star was super chill and never more than a couple cars in the lot, and the trail exits back to the lot were pretty easy to figure out without bothering the local population.

ah found something... doesnt look like trails will be impacted, and they're building a new trailhead... thats a whole lot of developmentName:  Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 8.37.47 AM.png
Views: 367
Size:  908.5 KB