Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2514
    I taught him how to use Quik and he made this edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I taught him how to use Quik and he made this edit.

awesome! and echo that that first pic above that he uses for the thumbnail is excellent
    skid luxury

Dan, your son is fun to watch!! Get good medical insurance!!

Hah! Deductible is high but 0% coinsurance after and my HSA is well-funded.

Hah! Deductible is high but 0% coinsurance after and my HSA is well-funded.
    Yeah, I remember back before kids when the only time we would dream of hitting the deductible was if we were going to have a kid. Now, it is just a given. At least they are all still alive so far!!

On Jackson in the crux switch backs there is a rock that is probably a four foot drop. Do you roll it, or drop it?
    Asking for a friend!

It’s not quite that big,(or at least it wasn’t last spring) it’s just that the runout is wicked steep. I more or less roll it, but with a little push of the front wheel.
    I think if you actually dropped it you’d be out of control and unable to make the next right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WTH is this Jackson you guys speak of?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    It’s not quite that big,(or at least it wasn’t last spring) it’s just that the runout is wicked steep. I more or less roll it, but with a little push of the front wheel.
    I think if you actually dropped it you’d be out of control and unable to make the next right.

That’s why I’m asking. It looked like I’d go OTB if I rolled it, but I wasn’t sure if I could get enough brake for the right hand turn if I dropped it. The moon dust between the two made it clear people were grabbing a lot of brake. I whimped out, and it’s been bugging me ever since.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    WTH is this Jackson you guys speak of?
    Moab in the Amasa zone. It's on TF.

Last time I was there (last week) there were guys jumping off the rock on top into the whole thing. Buddy sent the rock and had no issue with the right
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Moab in the Amasa zone. It's on TF.
    Thanks, the posts came in the middle of the I-street discussion, was wondering if there was yet another snippet of Shoreline I wasn't aware of.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Last time I was there (last week) there were guys jumping off the rock on top into the whole thing. Buddy sent the rock and had no issue with the right
    Honestly, I don’t know if I have that in me. I’ll go back again next week if the resort doesn’t open. I’m certainly not sending that by myself. I guess I’m just an old man now. I didn’t see another person on that trail, so consequence would be high for a mistake.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLn9jjdF...dium=copy_link

If you scroll a few pics to the right on this link, there are some videos of me and my buddy rolling it. He went left, I went dead center. That was my first time through in a couple of years.
    It might look a little different after this summer’s monsoons

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1637356760.574887.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	393280

Went for a one last rip up high today, Bear Canyon was pretty good. Wet dirt beats the usual moondust there.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CLn9jjdF...dium=copy_link

If you scroll a few pics to the right on this link, there are some videos of me and my buddy rolling it. He went left, I went dead center. That was my first time through in a couple of years.
    It might look a little different after this summer’s monsoons

Hell yeah. The video does that spot no justice.

It's funny how the corner looks much easier in the go pro, and then the part that scarred me looks like nothing. I have a work project keeping me here, but will be taking my kids over later this week and selfishly dropping Jackson to roll that rock. Admittedly, drops are a weakness for me. The only place I get to really work on them is Moab and the occasional times I think Evil Empire won't be too blown out. You guys went through the corner fast Joe!!

The Trail Alliance of Southern Utah posted about House Bill 227 today. Seems like a real doozy that could hamper trail development in Utah.

Here is what they wrote about it:

"Hello everyone! We are reaching out to you for a call to action. House Bill 227 (https://le.utah.gov/~2022/bills/static/HB0227.html) was just introduced to the State Legislature by Rep. Jennifer Dailey-Provost. It states that ANY recreational trail built in Utah can be halted by a single complaint. This includes any trail in Southern Utah.
    All it will take is one disgruntled person, and an entire trail build can be shut down until the State of Utah investigates the complaint, up to and including the court system. It’s a Nimby’s dream come true.
    We fully believe in being good stewards of our land and being held accountable for our plans and the funds that have been granted to us. However, this bill could seriously delay new trail construction where there is already a lengthy Federal review for all new trails. We don’t need to add more bureaucracy to an already slow process or have one disgruntled individual delay/halt the construction of new trails that would benefit so many.
    Please reach out to your Utah State House Representative and ask them to NOT support this bill. Explain reasons why you feel trails are good for people, our communities, our economy, and Southern Utah in general.
    Here are some of the local Utah State House Representatives and their contact information:
    Travis Seegmiller tseegmiller@le.utah.gov (Washington)
    V. Lowry Snow vlsnow@le.utah.gov (St George)
    Bradley G. Last blast@le.utah.gov (Hurricane)
    Rex P. Shipp rshipp@le.utah.gov (Cedar City)
    If you are in another city, you can find your representative by entering your home address here: https://le.utah.gov/GIS/findDistrict.jsp
    Thank you for your support and we'll see you on the trails!
    Sincerely,
    Trail Alliance of Southern Utah Board Members"

link to the bill: https://le.utah.gov/~2022/bills/static/HB0227.html

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    It’s a Karen’s dream come true.
    Fixed it. Post Malone is behind this, isn't he?

The entire geriatric population of the Avenues and Federal Heights is currently foaming at the mouth and pulling out typewriters to start writing complaints...
    One fucking disgruntled person can do this. Might as well prohibit new trail development in the entire state right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The entire geriatric population of the Avenues and Federal Heights is currently foaming at the mouth and pulling out typewriters to start writing complaints...
    One fucking disgruntled person can do this. Might as well prohibit new trail development in the entire state right now.
    Not sure why they need this on the books. Pretty sure this is how it's worked for the last 5 years. Just look at the SLC trails master plan and all the shit going on in Alpine. All this bill would do is shift the blame away from our spineless elected officials and on to the Karens.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Not sure why they need this on the books. Pretty sure this is how it's worked for the last 5 years. Just look at the SLC trails master plan and all the shit going on in Alpine. All this bill would do is shift the blame away from our spineless elected officials and on to the Karens.
    Not true. The FS has built several new BST sections around SLC in the past 5 years despite heavy complaints by locals, including Post Malone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Not true. The FS has built several new BST sections around SLC in the past 5 years despite heavy complaints by locals, including Post Malone.
    Yeah, but the ride is turning. The vocal minority are getting their way more often than not. Oh, and I forgot the proposed bike park across from Olympus Cove that was NIMBY-ed because it would be too "dusty."

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Speaking of the BST, do you know what the timeline is for completion of the section from LCC to Ferguson? It would be nice to be able to access Deaf Smith, et al. without trespassing.

I’m totally planning to nix all the above users hiking/walking trails

I rip the groomed on tele gear