Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2514
    ^sage bacon scented brake pads would be epic.

its been like 70 years or something....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8476.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	658.6 KB 
ID:	380171

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    its been like 70 years or something....
    70 years at least! My street is completely flooded and we have a downed power line across the street, most of our backyard, and the chicken coop. Hopefully we don't find fried chicken in the AM.
    Up high must have been absolute carnage, it was coming down HARD!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    70 years at least! My street is completely flooded and we have a downed power line across the street, most of our backyard, and the chicken coop. Hopefully we don't find fried chicken in the AM.
    Up high must have been absolute carnage, it was coming down HARD!
    Was riding in upper Millcreek tonight and it was more bark than bite for us...crazy constant rolling thunder for about an hour and a good steady rain with some lightning but nothing apocalyptic. Tomorrow morning should be very nice.

Apocalyptic for a pretty long time at solitude tonight. There was definitely flooding and I wouldn’t be surprised if trails up here and upper lcc are soggy/washed out in the morning.

Rained decent amount in Park City. Woke up to wet streets, wet yard, and some standing water, which kind seems like a miracle given how dry it's been. Haven't been out on the trails yet though so not sure if this had any effect on the moon dust. Supposedly more t-storms this afternoon!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Anyone interested in Silver+Honey tomorrow? Starting 7ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I highly recommend Shingle Creek in the Uintas for those interested in a solid fight. 99% rideable, just make sure you don't have any loose teeth before dropping in or you'll come out of there needing dentures.
    Good stuff, I rode there a few years ago. If you really want to learn some new vocabulary go ride the Highline trail on the east side of the Uintas. See page 2:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...daho-Utah-2015

If there's a bike equivalent to a 2 foot pow day, this morning was it.

Nice! I wish I was able to get out this morning. What is your preferred way to access HC and Silver? Is going up summit road miserable?

Road the crest the morning after the rain all the way to timberline. Total hero dirt, 65 degrees. Perfect

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Nice! I wish I was able to get out this morning. What is your preferred way to access HC and Silver? Is going up summit road miserable?
    Solitude is really the only option if you're looping either. Think of the Summit road climb as character-building. Part of what makes those trails great is that they're hard to get to. There are some upsides--it's never crowded and you'll never complain about Puke Hill again.

What's air quality like in the Wasatch these days? Still in Durango for now but may be headed north. Thru WY is one option, or could head north and up I-15.

AQI is currently in the 130-150 range but the forecast looks like it's probably going to improve.

Why are there so many e-bikes riding where it is illegal? Why do so many of them not wear helmets? Why do I let it bug me!?

Dirt report from Saturday: Rode Empire then looped back up and rode Moose house. Empire was great, some of the best dirt I have ridden this late in the season still a little damp and tacky for sure. I was pretty optimistic Moose house would be good as well. It was total moon dust and loose as ever. Still a great time, but surprised to see such a stark contrast between the two.

Fingers crossed for more rain this week.
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If there's a bike equivalent to a 2 foot pow day, this morning was it.
    Jealous. I'd have jumped on a chance to ride Sat morning but I mashed my heel into a rock on Tuesday and bruised the shit out of my heel. I've been tip toeing around since then with the occasional use of crutches.
    I tried to ride flowy smooth PC trails on Sat since pushing on the pedals is a lot less painful than walking but had to give up after 2 minutes of downhill...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Saw that on your Strava, that blows. BT; DT, bruised heels take forever to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I have a friend who has been rocking jorts and rayon shirts from the DI for over a decade. It's pretty debatable whether looking like a power ranger is worse than what he usually looks like. But, I'm pretty sure he still holds the solo singlespeed course record for 25 Hours of Frog Hollow (200+ miles) so I ain't saying shit.
    heh, i discovered the awesomeness of the rayon Hawaiians back in the late 90's. Can't say I am happy to hear it is a cool hipster thing now.

Puddles on the Crest tonight and perfect dirt down Beartrap. Saw five people total on the whole loop after I got off the highway, though I did finish at 6:30. Equivalent conditions in the winter would be full powder panic.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    heh, i discovered the awesomeness of the rayon Hawaiians back in the late 90's. Can't say I am happy to hear it is a cool hipster thing now.
    I've got a photo of you somewhere in one of the Hawaiian shirts clearing a ledge on Amassa back (I think), from probably the late 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I've got a photo of you somewhere in one of the Hawaiian shirts clearing a ledge on Amassa back (I think), from probably the late 90's.
    Utah, circa 2006 or so. Does this trail even exist anymore?

Name:  upper trail.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  85.3 KB

Based on current forecast for weekend and in keeping with the powder day analogy, Sat and Sunday morning could be a storm skiing snorkel powder day, especially up high and before TStorms form mid day.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

The 7-day QPF looks like something you'd see mid-winter, crazy. The prayers worked!

We'll be out of town all next week so it's guaranteed to be epic.

Glad y'all are getting in on some of this moisture. I'll be inbound on the 7th for a few days, hope the hero dirt continues!

Truer words never been spoken - If you don’t go, you won’t know. Park city tonight. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2130.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	380927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2136.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	380928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2141.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	380929

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums