Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Just be thankful Utah isn't closing stuff fast as elsewhere. Anything in Socal that attracts crowds has been closed. Beaches, parks, trailheads. Outside of SD and a few other land managers who have closed trails most are still open, just trailheads closed. So in theory locals who are within walking distance can hike in. Fortunately we can ride in from further out. Bonus, if it keeps the masses of hikers away.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Just be thankful Utah isn't closing stuff fast as elsewhere. Anything in Socal that attracts crowds has been closed. Beaches, parks, trailheads. Outside of SD and a few other land managers who have closed trails most are still open, just trailheads closed. So in theory locals who are within walking distance can hike in. Fortunately we can ride in from further out. Bonus, if it keeps the masses of hikers away.
    I bet Summit County here will be locals only after the snow melts.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    It's not speculation. CC is bursting at the seams on a normal weekday, this isn't going to help. Same for Shoreline which is a conga line every day between 4PM and 8PM. There are better times of the day and better trails to ride to minimize crowding as you pointed out.
    Unlike BC skiing though you're confined to the trails when you're riding bikes and any increase in traffic is going to be felt right away. Hikers are also out en masse right now, including people who would typically go to the movies or the mall but actually have to go outside or die of boredom (oh the horror). And most people start from the same traillheads, clogging up the same parking lots. You should see Millcreek right now. Cars parked on both sides of the road for half a mile around each TH, packs of dogs running wild, hikers walking 4 abreast. The leash law is long forgotten, it's not going to be pretty when bikers start showing up...
    I’ve ridden Corner Canyon every day for the last three weeks, except for Monday. I haven’t had any problem with social distancing, in fact it seems people are a bit more courteous and are giving a wide berth. The only only thing I’ve seen that gives me concern are the high school teams out practicing and the endurbros high fiving in the parking lot. Is it busier than usual, sure, is it in the end of the world, no. It’s a pretty big area. People are spreading out.

It’s been challenging on shoreline. Especially the XC dicks descending Dry creek and skidding to stops in front of climbers. Even the lesser trails are packed. Went up wire the hard way and there were 14 people ahead of me I had to pass which is abnormal for a weekday at 2pm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wasatch Dirt Thread

Went to ride CC yesterday and didn’t even pull into the parking lot. Just kept on driving. It was beyond packed and with minimal trails open for riding I knew it would be unbearable. Other days I’ve been out I’ve also noticed a large increase in hikers. I’ve basically resigned myself to yard work and other around the house projects. Boring but the house will look nice

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Went to ride CC yesterday and didn’t even pull into the parking lot. Just kept on driving. It was beyond packed and with minimal trails open for riding I knew it would be unbearable. Other days I’ve been out I’ve also noticed a large increase in hikers. I’ve basically resigned myself to yard work and other around the house projects. Boring but the house will look nice
    I wonder w the opening of some of the backside directional trails if it’ll be a little better on that side. Sure the trailheads will still be a shitshow but at least you’re not pulling over on the down and not many ride back up so...
    #wishfullthinking?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Keep in mind there's quite a few spots to access CC other than the rodeo parking. I rode today at lunch and saw 1 other biker and just a handful of hikers. Sounds like some of the lame trails on the backside that everyone seems to like so much are starting to dry out, that should help spread people out.

CC and BS (SLC) is about as uncreative as one can get. Consider them dog walking trails or whatever at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Billow View Post
    CC and BS (SLC) is about as uncreative as one can get. Consider them dog walking trails or whatever at this point in time.
    That's why I've been going down to Moab. No one is around but the locals!

Dogs aren’t allowed in most of CC, silly.

Where are the most creative riders riding these days?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I bet Summit County here will be locals only after the snow melts.
    Right now it’s mud season. I’m riding more than I ever have, but it’s mostly on roads with a weekly trip to the desert. Portions of soldier hollow are rideable, most of the front face on coyote, some new stuff around kamas and rock port, but the horse traffic there makes it like driving on washboards in a Willeys Jeep. First switchbacks on glen wild are okay which has resulted in someone going down dropout and causing heavy damage.(frustrating). There just is not a lot of options up here right now.

I’d go to corner canyon, but getting into those bikes teams and there lack of letting anyone pass takes the fun out of it for my uptightness. So road loops are it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I’d go to corner canyon, but getting into those bikes teams and there lack of letting anyone pass takes the fun out of it for my uptightness. So road loops are it for now.
    Running into a huge NICA team practicing in CC that refuses to let you pass sounds terrible. Fortunately, that has never actually happened to me in riding CC twice a week for the last 15 years.

The desert? CC? Aren’t you Summit Co folks supposed to stay put until further notice anyways?

Figuratively speaking...Dog walkers, Birders.
    Boatload of remote riding along the Wasatch right now. Receding snow line, drying fast. Probably a few weeks left and then it will all be green and invisible to the faint of heart. Get creative and explore like the old days. Trying not to talk about it on the internet unless it needs traffic.

Boatload of remote riding along the Wasatch right now. Receding snow line, drying fast. Probably a few weeks left and then it will all be green and invisible to the faint of heart. Get creative and explore like the old days. Trying not to talk about it on the internet unless it needs traffic.
    Sounds dope.

That's sooooooo bro.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    That's sooooooo bro.
    Especially when I do it naked on a unicycle with a glass bottle of Wild Turkey dangling from my cork of a penis.

I feel demoralized. A Bro is like a cool guy frat boy who lifts weights and his mom is his boyfriend? I'll try to post some photos or something dirt/snow bike related stuff.

Parked at the Hidden Valley TH Weds and rode BST to CC. All the popular trails - up to Ghost Falls, down Lower Rush, up Ann's, down Jacob's Ladder, Rattler, back to the BST. Tons of people. Went back Yesterday and took Ann's out to the Maple Hollow TH, Eagle Crest, down Canyon Hollow. Didn't see nearly as many people on the Ann's section between Potato Hill and Maple Hollow.

rode from home, bike park was jammin. torn exo+ sidewall ended my closing day festivities a little early.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	say it and spray it.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	325043

this weather needs to continue
    bumps are for poor people

It was lovely out there today.

Classic flask holder. Stay hydrated!

What's the status at I Street? We were going up there this afternoon but a friend has heard rumors of people being ticketed. I'm not seeing anything about a closure on the SLVTS Facebook page or anywhere else. Anyone been there recently who can confirm/deny that it's officially posted as closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What's the status at I Street? We were going up there this afternoon but a friend has heard rumors of people being ticketed. I'm not seeing anything about a closure on the SLVTS Facebook page or anywhere else. Anyone been there recently who can confirm/deny that it's officially posted as closed?
    I can guarantee they're not ticketing. You could take a shit on Erin Mendenhall's face right now and not get a ticket. I also highly doubt it's closed.

Hah! We're gonna check it out. If anyone did get ticketed it was probably for mouthing off at a cop who was politely asking them to stay 6 ft apart.

I haven't heard of any issues up there and I've had some friends hit it recently. Might swing by tonight for a sunset session.