Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    TWE is definitely way less cool than anything in New Hampshire.

Wasatch Dirt Thread

We have forest service roads here as well. If that’s what yer into.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I know this is part of your shtick, you try to be edgy and a little confrontational/controversial, but you clearly have no idea how ridiculous your hot take is here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good riding out on Ridge 157

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201012_094941.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	343359

Name:	20201012_112016.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	343360

And in PC

Name:	20201010_091028.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	343361

Name:	20201010_084406.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	343362

The top of Jupiter is never a bad place to be.

thinking of trying to ride TWE on my bday (23rd) as i've never done it before, but seems like my time could be better spent riding elsewhere. Thanks for the beta butterflake

maybe you could find some gravel to grind somewhere for your big day. good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeRzdU3n23E

Somehow managed to not ride Empire this summer. I heard it snowed, think it's done or not enough snow to make a difference?

Not enough to make a difference. Black Forest was a tiny bit greasy but nearly perfect on Sunday, should be snow free soon.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Blown out is blown out, what’s to get?
    Totally. Plus, bar mounted Bluetooth speakers are strictly forbidden on the “trail.” So, I mean, if you can’t blare V7.0 Phish for everyone else to know you like smoking pot what’s even the point?

Who cares. This is the Wasatch dirt thread. Keep all other dirt outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Steep, loose, chunky, skiddy. It’s a good time but I like weird stuff.

I’d guess the majority of people would get to the bottom and think what the f*^# was that and why did I just waste all that vert.
    Bumping this back cause it made me curious. Similar to upper Beartrap or worse? Does it compare with anything else that's commonly ridden around these parts? I'm putting together a long dumb PC loop in case winter arrives and it would save me from having to ride Dead Tree which I really don't like. Might as well check out something new, assuming it's not icy up there.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Similar to upper BT but steeper and worse dirt/more rocks since it's mostly not in the trees and out in the open.

Not a fan of Dead Tree? I think it's pretty fun but could be just a tad wider in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Similar to upper BT but steeper and worse dirt/more rocks since it's mostly not in the trees and out in the open.

Not a fan of Dead Tree? I think it's pretty fun but could be just a tad wider in spots.
    Thanks, I guess I'll sniff it out if I find myself up there and see if it looks manageable.
    Dead Tree is odd, it's straight enough that you want to haul ass but the off-camber super loose surface makes that pretty sketchy (along with the occasional stump sneaking up on you). I've only ridden it once, I should probably give it another shot, the second go always feels better. Shatter to 9k would be a cool way to get to Apex since I haven't done either yet.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Thanks, I guess I'll sniff it out if I find myself up there and see if it looks manageable.
    Dead Tree is odd, it's straight enough that you want to haul ass but the off-camber super loose surface makes that pretty sketchy (along with the occasional stump sneaking up on you). I've only ridden it once, I should probably give it another shot, the second go always feels better. Shatter to 9k would be a cool way to get to Apex since I haven't done either yet.
    take 9k further past apex. recently rode all of 9k west to east and its surprisingly fun, we took corvair/payroll down and looped it with mid mountain for a pretty fun 14ish mile loop. Shatter would be a nice bump to add to the ride, but personally apex is the last thing I'd take off 9k. If you are looking to end up at the crescent yurt, I'd recommend empire to the mckonkeys lift and then you can take a dirt road that connects to tommy two step about 2/3s of the way up.

I'll likely be riding up there on saturday. if you see a dude in nike athletic shorts on a silver ibis, give a holler!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    take 9k further past apex. recently rode all of 9k west to east and its surprisingly fun, we took corvair/payroll down and looped it with mid mountain for a pretty fun 14ish mile loop. Shatter would be a nice bump to add to the ride, but personally apex is the last thing I'd take off 9k. If you are looking to end up at the crescent yurt, I'd recommend empire to the mckonkeys lift and then you can take a dirt road that connects to tommy two step about 2/3s of the way up.

I'll likely be riding up there on saturday. if you see a dude in nike athletic shorts on a silver ibis, give a holler!
    Would be fun to link up with you, I'll be on the lookout!
    I was planning on doing 9K E to W and connect it with a bunch of other stuff to cover a bunch of PC favorites but looking at the profile it might make more sense to go the other way. Gonna have to think about it, I really like Corvair/Payroll and they weren't included in the loop. Too many fun trails, not enough legs...

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    Who cares. This is the Wasatch dirt thread. Keep all other dirt outta here.
    I mean technically its more like sand and rock so..... sorry not sorry

wife popped her slickrock cherry
    Name:  PXL_20201012_235554218.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  136.5 KB

rode ahab for the first time yesterday morning. Was an asshole like the captain himself, but like a fun asshole you like to get drunk with, but your wife hates.... Definitely would like to ride that some more.

Name:  PXL_20201014_133717823.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  169.4 KB

Name:  PXL_20201014_140342029.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  141.3 KB

Also, I was thinking about buttahflake's dirt road comments and actually most of the old school "mountain bike" trails around moab including a lot of classics are just that, "dirt" roads. So its cool, they're pretty fun dirt roads in my opinion and I probably wouldn't recommend driving them with your car or riding them with a gravel grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I mean technically its more like sand and rock so..... sorry not sorry

rode ahab for the first time yesterday morning. Was an asshole like the captain himself, but like a fun asshole you like to get drunk with, but your wife hates.... Definitely would like to ride that some more.
    I've been craving some Ahab lately, maybe I'll make it over there before winter.

Ahab has become a standard on my Moab trips. Hit it in the morning and Klondike, big mess, etc., in the afternoon. Rode WE yesterday. The views bring you back, but that is one janky, moon dust trail. For pure riding, I think Mag 7 through portal is better. I too found myself thinking about how you used to run into jeeps and motorcycles on porcupine rim. Poison Spider area was once considered good riding, and it has a lot that actually is Jeep roads still. Freakin sandy Jeep roads at that. It all is perspective and personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Ahab has become a standard on my Moab trips. Hit it in the morning and Klondike, big mess, etc., in the afternoon. Rode WE yesterday. The views bring you back, but that is one janky, moon dust trail. For pure riding, I think Mag 7 through portal is better. I too found myself thinking about how you used to run into jeeps and motorcycles on porcupine rim. Poison Spider area was once considered good riding, and it has a lot that actually is Jeep roads still. Freakin sandy Jeep roads at that. It all is perspective and personal taste.
    I remember my first Moab trip, it involved riding Amasa Back in the AM and Poison Spider in the PM with Moab Rim the next day. All of the dirt roads. I thought it was the greatest thing ever, even on hardtail, even after wallowing forever is deep sand and sliding around on oil-covered sandstone ledges. I'd still be pumped to redo those rides, those "dirt roads" are pretty damn scenic and fun.

1.5-hour backup south of Santaquin coming back from Virgin this afternoon, and it probably got worse than that before it got better. Friends who went to Moab left at 2:30 and reportedly still haven't made it to Thistle. We're approaching a point where leaving town on a holiday weekend is untenable.

Bitching aside, we rode Blowhard on the way home for the first time in forever and it was so damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    1.5-hour backup south of Santaquin coming back from Virgin this afternoon, and it probably got worse than that before it got better. Friends who went to Moab left at 2:30 and reportedly still haven't made it to Thistle. We're approaching a point where leaving town on a holiday weekend is untenable.

Bitching aside, we rode Blowhard on the way home for the first time in forever and it was so damn fun.
    Yep we are currently on US-6 and it's still a slow roll. Our daytrip out of Sandy to hit TWE has turned into a very long day! But man that's still a fun trail, even with the moon dust up high.

Sounds like Front Range I-70 traffic!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sounds like Front Range I-70 traffic!
    I can see the future and don't like it.

Big descent, big views
    Name:  IMG953316.jpeg
Views: 288
Size:  68.2 KB

Think we were stuck in the US6 traffic for like 70 mins - 90 mins. Took so long I forgot when we actually hit a standstill, but we arrived at the red snake around 4:30. Phall was about 10-15 mins ahead of us and took US 40 through Duschene and beat us home by about 20 minutes fwiw.

We discussed future Moab/Fruita (our destination last week) trips should involve a longer Sunday and later departure time, so that we hit US6 in the evening after traffic has hopefully calmed down.