Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Hey, Jeryd and Kaiyle Christiansen just worked over Hanger 15 on a 2 bike deal and who are you to tell them where they can ride their new whips? Last I heard, this was a free country and they are entitled to use their public landz and hit sweet jumps

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    get some, merica! Post video please!

We may all be entitled to hit those sweet jumps, but definitely not entitled to land them.

Just did a mill f-crest-beartrap loop, and that’s gotta be some of the best dirt we’ll see all year, especially in beartrap. Some deadfall in there but nothing too major.

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    Just did a mill f-crest-beartrap loop, and that’s gotta be some of the best dirt we’ll see all year, especially in beartrap. Some deadfall in there but nothing too major.
    Wonder if we saw each other, did the same and continued to MillMeadows then back up to Dog Lake. Blue shorts, red shirt, loud huffing and puffing.

Primo conditions up there, one snowfield on each trail, barely any mud or running water, no people in Millcreek expect a few bikers and 2 very sheepish ebikers. Until the MillD exit that is, that section was a constant stream of utterly terrified people who apparently thought I was on a quest to murder them or ravish their women. Had a hard time staying upright while riding slow enough not to give anyone a year attack.

Saw 2 parties with leashed dogs who were obviously over getting told that they were fucksticks and were very defiant about it. I told them anyway and they gave me mad attitude so I asked how they managed to miss the giant fucking sign at the mouth of the canyon that specifically states NO DOGS along with the regular signs at each trailhead. Blanks stares. They became more animated when I told them the fine was about $600.

In total I spotted 4 dogs in the canyon along with more cars than I've ever seen parked EVERYWHERE. People picnicking in gravel pullouts with full-size grills and multiple shade tents, people hiking on the shoulder miles away from any trailhead, a fucking unicorn floaty in the Stairs Gulch stream ridden by a girl filming herself with an elaborate gopro setup... That last one made me question if I had cooked with the wrong kind of mushrooms this morning. Beautiful day and 99.9% of people were psyched to be out and super nice, even as a major curmudgeon I can't complain...

When did riding down Armstrong become a thing? Multiple parties both days this weekend. With so many options, Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    When did riding down Armstrong become a thing? Multiple parties both days this weekend. With so many options, Why?
    Same for Tommy2Steps. Some people see a directional trail and they're compiled to ride it the wrong way.
    I have to admit I almost rode down it last year when doing a Crest loop from Park City, I somehow decided it would be a good call to ride all the way to Canyon's base then get back up to Mid Mountain and ride back that way. I died at around the halfway mark since that section of MM isn't exactly flat and mellow. Turns out there's no legal way to drop off MM between Alpine Lake and Spiro though. I was so cooked when I got to Armstrong that I took a long hard look at going down it. Couldn't do it though and slogged the additional couple of miles to Spiro.

Name:  DfsvUnPW4AA8jDC.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  38.9 KB

Hey, Jeryd and Kaiyle Christiansen just worked over Hanger 15 on a 2 bike deal and who are you to tell them where they can ride their new whips? Last I heard, this was a free country and they are entitled to use their public landz and hit sweet jumps

Jeryd is super pissed they didn’t remove the dropper posts at time of purchase like he specified. It’s heavy, he doesn’t want it, will never use it, and is likely the reason he crashed.

Jaxon and Ryder don’t have those things on their bikes and they never crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Name:  DfsvUnPW4AA8jDC.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  38.9 KB
    Heh. Sunday evening on the verge of darkness is the only time you should consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Turns out there's no legal way to drop off MM between Alpine Lake and Spiro though.
    Seriously, why is that? Yeah, there's the issue of The Colony, but ultimately TC comprises a relatively narrow strip of the available real estate between the Red Pine gondola and Armstrong. It would also be really nice if there were some additional descent options off both sides of the Crest.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-15-2020 at 02:15 PM.

More proof mountain bikers are assholes. this is sprayed multiple times in a parking lot for a trailhead on MM. Who knows who it is pointed at, maybe tourist hikers who use the lot, my guess is some spoiled white rich kid is rebelling and being real tuff. I rolled my eyes after seeing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3525.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	331658

No different than the “No dog shit” spray painted all rocks and Walls down lower. Vandalism to advance your entitlement over another seems a bit strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Same for Tommy2Steps. Some people see a directional trail and they're compiled to ride it the wrong way.
    I have to admit I almost rode down it last year when doing a Crest loop from Park City, I somehow decided it would be a good call to ride all the way to Canyon's base then get back up to Mid Mountain and ride back that way. I died at around the halfway mark since that section of MM isn't exactly flat and mellow. Turns out there's no legal way to drop off MM between Alpine Lake and Spiro though. I was so cooked when I got to Armstrong that I took a long hard look at going down it. Couldn't do it though and slogged the additional couple of miles to Spiro.
    I rode down it once when our party got caught in a wicked hail/rain/lightning storm at the top of Puke hill and we decided Pinecone->Armstrong would be our quickest way out. A couple of our party didn't have jackets and a couple were borderline hypothermic. A lady friend in our group had nothing so I gave her my shitty windbreaker and carried a real jacket myself. When the storm hit, I gave her the real jacket and took my shitty windbreaker which promptly soaked through and I froze my ass off too. We saw one or two parties on our Armstrong descent, we yielded and explained ourselves. Our condition was pretty evident and they were cool. It's actually a really fun descending trail. Do it at night some time.

Your loop is good if you start at Canyons up Holly's or whatever. Get the MM out of the way on the front end and by the time you top out on Puke hill you're well over 4K vert. Ride the Crest and finish on Insurgent. 35ish miles/5.5Kish vert, great ride. I used to do it from Rob's/Collin's, a little bigger that way but one of them is climb only now and Insurgent's a better finish anyway.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    More proof mountain bikers are assholes. this is sprayed multiple times in a parking lot for a trailhead on MM. Who knows who it is pointed at, maybe tourist hikers who use the lot, my guess is some spoiled white rich kid is rebelling and being real tuff. I rolled my eyes after seeing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3525.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	331658
    It showed up during the stay home public health order, so I guess that'd be it. There were a lot of folks who weren't thrilled with the Coronacation crowds.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I rode down it once when our party got caught in a wicked hail/rain/lightning storm at the top of Puke hill and we decided Pinecone->Armstrong would be our quickest way out. A couple of our party didn't have jackets and a couple were borderline hypothermic. A lady friend in our group had nothing so I gave her my shitty windbreaker and carried a real jacket myself. When the storm hit, I gave her the real jacket and took my shitty windbreaker which promptly soaked through and I froze my ass off too. We saw one or two parties on our Armstrong descent, we yielded and explained ourselves. Our condition was pretty evident and they were cool. It's actually a really fun descending trail. Do it at night some time.

Your loop is good if you start at Canyons up Holly's or whatever. Get the MM out of the way on the front end and by the time you top out on Puke hill you're well over 4K vert. Ride the Crest and finish on Insurgent. 35ish miles/5.5Kish vert, great ride. I used to do it from Rob's/Collin's, a little bigger that way but one of them is climb only now and Insurgent's a better finish anyway.
    Don't get my wrong, any trail is acceptable in my book if you're getting chased by lightning while soaked to the bone. I'd have done the same and I certainly wouldn't have given you shit if I had seen you that day. Hell, I don't give shit to people who routinely come down on top of me on T2S, they've always pulled off to the side and seemed aware that they were doing something they shouldn't. They either have a good reason to be there or they don't give a shit about directionality but either way bitching at them isn't going to do much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It showed up during the stay home public health order, so I guess that'd be it. There were a lot of folks who weren't thrilled with the Coronacation crowds.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I'm sure everyone stayed home after reading that scary passive-aggressive indirect advice!

"Well, I am kind of a bitch, guess I'll catch up on my reading instead'

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    Could you clean it up with a hand saw or is it too big to mess with?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Could you clean it up with a hand saw or is it too big to mess with?
    If I remember correctly, there were three, all relatively small. Two were pretty far down. I think you could get them with a hand saw...

BTW, meant to post this earlier but many thanks to the dude with the massive beard out trimming branches on the Crest Sunday morning. Lemme know if you're on here...would love to send a sixer your way!

I knew that fucking 9k trail would murder BF. That sucks. I’m sure people are shuttling the shit out of it. It’s only a matter of time before a potato shaped fella in white tennies impales himself on some shit off the side of the trail.
    Welp....this is me being Sanctimonious-glad-I-moved-away-guy because I’d be losing my mind if I saw that shit. Vibes.

had to check it out myself yesterday. can confirm that the 9k trail is a tourist's delight, is busy with shuttlers, and of course, appears to have led to the gutting of BF bottom 1/2. ok its been a couple seasons since i last been on BF, but is seems nothing like what i remembered. no way that trail is reparable. Id give give another weekend or two before its only ride-able by mar123 in full kit RIP, BF.
    style matters...

Quote Originally Posted by I, the Powfinder View Post
    had to check it out myself yesterday. can confirm that the 9k trail is a tourist's delight, is busy with shuttlers, and of course, appears to have led to the gutting of BF bottom 1/2. ok its been a couple seasons since i last been on BF, but is seems nothing like what i remembered. no way that trail is reparable. Id give give another weekend or two before its only ride-able by mar123 in full kit RIP, BF.
    Is it gonna turn into a 'fun' rutted straight down slide-for-life though? That should scare people away.

Yep, exactly. Rode 9k to it last night, views on 9k are amazing, BF is still good but some of the corners are getting really blown out and some ruts are forming. I could be talked in to going up there right after the next rain and building some good berms.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Jesus. When did this place turn into a place for old people to bitch? How about some stoke FFS? You guys complain more than poor people.

Hey I posted enough stoke to earn some bitching credits Whats in the flask anything good? Bourbon?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Jesus. When did this place turn into a place for old people to bitch? How about some stoke FFS? You guys complain more than poor people.

I was like 'this is the rant thread thread, that's what it's here for... Oh wait...' Hahahaha!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Duly noted. However, this particular issue feels a bit like what would happen if Alta ever put a lift up Flagstaff and turned all the terrain off Emma Ridge into lift accessed sidecountry. Yeah, that would generate some bitching.