Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Golden CO Real Estate

So I am considering applying for a job in Golden. Just a cursory look at RE prices and holy jeebus, they are insane. Any local mags with insight care to chime in? Is there ANYWHERE in the greater Denver metro area that isn't insanely expensive? Again, just considering, but obviously cost of living would weigh heavily on the Seano clan.... Thanks in advance.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I've been in Golden for about 10 years. Home prices have skyrocketed (like most of denver) but seem like they have leveled out. You may want to look at Arvada, Lakewood and Westminster for less expensive options close to Golden. Genessee might be another option. Feel free to PM me if you want any realtor recs or further info.

Define "insanely expensive".
    What's your budget? Where are you living now?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...0-BITCH-THREAD

Golden's really nice, but if it's too pricey, may want to look more toward Broomfield, Westminster and Arvada.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Golden's really nice, but if it's too pricey, may want to look more toward Broomfield, Westminster and Arvada.
    or go up the hill, say to Evergreen, and commute down into Golden?

My advice would be not to buy right away, I think things are gonna get dicey.

And while you can find cheaper housing than right in Golden, the entire metro is pretty crazily overpriced.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Evergreen prices make Golden look reasonable. I'm always searching for a diamond in the rough up there.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Evergreen prices make Golden look reasonable.
    Name:  200.gif
Views: 608
Size:  264.3 KB
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not to mention conifer and bailey for aneven longer commute but better value...

OP- If you're looking for an agent, my brother can help, shoot me a PM

What is it that you want other than "cheaper" and a 30 min or less drive?
    Do you want be able to walk someplace?
    Do you want to be able to order a pizza?
    Do you want to spend both of your summer weekends chopping wood?
    Do you love to shovel snow?

Next closet little town is Morrison with same level ish of mountain/urban. Its a speed trap though.

I have lived in Morrison, Lakewood and Littleton. The last two are more urban.

Morrison is south of golden and cheaper... relatively. I liked all three.

The ones below were not me.
    I worked in Indian hills, Evergreen, Applewood (way too much money), Paradise hills, Green Mountain, Bailey, Dumont, all over.

I live in Golden. In general a single family home is going to cost $550k on the low end up to about $1MM on high end. Certain neighborhoods are cheaper than others. Decent townhomes are $400k+.

Pleasant View is cheaper (you could maybe find houses for $500kish) and has good access to S Table Mountain and NREL, but it isn't as desirable as other areas yet. I recently ran up to the top of S Table from Pleasant View and was surprised it isn't more popular for it's access.

I bought my house for about $520k in 2016 and it would probably sell for about $650k today. Things seem to have slowed down a bit from an appreciation standpoint, but houses in my neighborhood are still selling in about 2-3 days on average.

Quality of life here is good for the front range. Downtown Golden has been getting some nicer restaurants, etc. The whitewater park is cool (especially on weekday evenings), we've got mountain biking and trail running and climbing too. We're also really close to the parking lot that is I-70, which is great if you're into traffic like I am.

That said, it's getting more and more crowded every year as we march further and further down the path of turning the front range into LA.

I plan to eventually move to a certain mountain town, but for now I dig Golden.

Hit me up with questions. I've also got a mortgage broker I'd strongly recommend (Danno hooked me up with him years ago).
    Last edited by Kevo; 03-05-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Lakewood sounds like where you want to be. Commute to golden is the opposite direction as everyone else. Prices are less insane. I live SW metro (sw plaza area) and you can get a decent 3 bed for mid 400's

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Best prices for homes in the front range are in Greeley. $250k yo. Pueblo is probably cheap as well.

$330k gets you a nice apartment in Denver.

Mc is on the right track for sure. Find something in one of the various neighborhoods off Kipling in Lakewood. Still not cheap but better than Denver or Golden.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Thanks mags for all the responses. You guys rock! I'm actually headed up for the weekend to take a look. Will keep you posted.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

good luck
    got a buddy who could easily get a job in the metro area and has had offers
    but his phoenix spread is pretty nice over an acre couple garages and sheds can pile his junk up and no one cares
    spent just under 400k for the place a couple years ago the same property in a nice locaiton in metro denver would be a million bucks he can't justify the move because of property costs
    get your trust fund in order and just move to boulder

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Thanks mags for all the responses. You guys rock! I'm actually headed up for the weekend to take a look. Will keep you posted.
    Shoot me a msg if you have free time. I can't help with affordable housing, but can show you where to get the best beer in town!

That answer better be CC. But if it's not, and there is a better place, that is information I need...

Shoot me a msg if you have free time. I can't help with affordable housing, but can show you where to get the best beer in town!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    That answer better be CC. But if it's not, and there is a better place, that is information I need...
    CC is second best by a CH, IMNSHO.

CODA Brewing in South Golden is crushing it.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    or go up the hill, say to Evergreen, and commute down into Golden?
    Evergreen prices make Golden look reasonable. I'm always searching for a diamond in the rough up there.
    A couple of couples I'm close with have bought in Evergreen in the past 2-3 years because of the above... they found their money went further up there than in Golden or any of the other "west side" burbs. And one of those couple moved here from Seattle, which doesn't exactly sound like an "affordable" place to have moved from.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    That would be my answer, yes!

(although CODA is pulling a close second these days)

That would be my answer, yes!

(although CODA is pulling a close second these days)
    CC closer to your house, CODA closer to mine. This checks out.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My advice would be not to buy right away, I think things are gonna get dicey.
    This. We're probably due for a correction so I'd wait on the sidelines and keep your powder dry so you're ready to pounce. I moved to west Arvada a couple years ago after living in Boulder for 15 years or so. The area is coming around, but it isn't "there" yet so you can still find some deals. The location is pretty good for skiing, I'm about 15 minutes from the canyon, 45 minutes to the closest backcountry trailhead, 30 min from Boulder and Denver. Needs a little more gentrification which will inevitably happen. Overall I like it though. It's more blue collar and you might see more Trump than Sanders yard signs, but that's kind of been a nice change from Boulder which is over the top communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    A couple of couples I'm close with have bought in Evergreen in the past 2-3 years because of the above... they found their money went further up there than in Golden or any of the other "west side" burbs. And one of those couple moved here from Seattle, which doesn't exactly sound like an "affordable" place to have moved from.
    Evergreen is nice if you dont want any sort of social interaction. Had a buddy up there I visited for years, winter and summer, and bars and restaurants are really hard to find. Pretty place, though, and you're almost in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Evergreen is nice if you dont want any sort of social interaction. Had a buddy up there I visited for years, winter and summer, and bars and restaurants are really hard to find. Pretty place, though, and you're almost in the mountains.
    #localwisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    if you ever wonder why people give you a hard time, it's because of inane posts like this.