Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    if you ever wonder why people give you a hard time, it's because of inane posts like this.
    Betcha I've been to Evergreen more days than you.

It doesn't have near the downtown scene of Golden, and it's pretty far from anywhere else. Fuck, Golden has a bike trail to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Betcha I've been to Evergreen more days than you.

It doesn't have near the downtown scene of Golden, and it's pretty far from anywhere else. Fuck, Golden has a bike trail to Denver.
    I have lived in the Front Range for 20 years, but sure, you know more than me. Of course it doesn't have the downtown scene of Golden, that's a wonderful straw man you have set up there, nobody said it did. But it's not far from Dedisse Park or Evergreen Lake or Three Sisters Park or Red Rocks or Conifer. What is "anywhere else"?

What you said is

Evergreen is nice if you dont want any sort of social interaction. Had a buddy up there I visited for years, winter and summer, and bars and restaurants are really hard to find. Pretty place, though, and you're almost in the mountains.
    without knowing what the OP is looking for, or how your perspective may be skewed by the one buddy you visited, or what you are used to on the east coast or as a Breckenridge local. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around, and depending on where you buy plenty of neighbors or no neighbors. Living in Evergreen does pretty much require getting in a car to go anywhere, but that is true of lots of suburbia (and Evergreen is much nicer than typical suburbia). And the lots will be bigger so you won't have your 5000 sq ft lot with neighbors on top of you, but that isn't the same as no social interaction.

As a blanket statement, yours was absolutely inane. And yet you double down, thinking you have more knowledge than people who have lived in the area for decades. Again, if you're wondering why you get shit, it's for stuff like this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wow, pushed a button.

There arent plenty of bars and restaurants up there.

Wow, pushed a button.
    lol

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...C%20CO%2080439
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

"If you want a vibrant urban scene, don't move to Evergreen". The wisdom of this place never stops. Benny, do you realize that some people love rural life? I can go months without stepping foot in a bar, mall, coffee shop or whatever it is you think people require. I have a handful of friends, a dog, a cat, a wife, a grocery store near by, a family to visit. That's all I need. No going to the movies, no concerts, no festivals. When I go on vacation I try to get further out into the sticks. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Get it?
    I'm pretty certain he does not.

"If you want a vibrant urban scene, don't move to Evergreen". The wisdom of this place never stops. Benny, do you realize that some people love rural life? I can go months without stepping foot in a bar, mall, coffee shop or whatever it is you think people require. I have a handful of friends, a dog, a cat, a wife, a grocery store near by, a family to visit. That's all I need. No going to the movies, no concerts, no festivals. When I go on vacation I try to get further out into the sticks. Get it?
    Sure I do. Sounds ok, I guess. Just sayin', Evergreen nice, but dead. Jeez. Listen, I'll just exit right.....

Golden CO Real Estate

Evergreen is nice if you dont want any sort of social interaction. Had a buddy up there I visited for years, winter and summer, and bars and restaurants are really hard to find. Pretty place, though, and you're almost in the mountains.
    You are in the mountains in Evergreen. Just not the high mountains. If you live in a place like that where a bear or mountain lion could visit you while on your deck, I consider it the mountains. Agree, it’s very nice up there. The golf course is even fun (even though it’s 18 stuffed into 14) and is full of elk.

Sure I do. Sounds ok, I guess. Just sayin', Evergreen nice, but dead. Jeez. Listen, I'll just exit right.....
    Promise?

Thankfully, a large majority of the eastcoast dwellers wouldn't like living in Evergreen. Benny, just so I can keep my finger on the pulse of desirable places to live, can you opine on the following:

Pinedale, WY

Richfield, UT

Bishop, CA

Horseshoe Bend, ID

Prescott, AZ

Ignore Benny (obviously). I grew up in the Evergreen area and still head up there every couple weeks to see the folks. I can say for certain that the place has a hell of a lot more going on than it did 15 years ago, but you can still get away from people if that's the goal. Plenty of restaurants and things to do but you will have to be willing to drive for at least 20 minutes to get to most places depending on where you end up. Best and broadest advice I can give is to not by something on a north facing aspect - the winter will be a huge challenge if you're not getting any sun. The turnover we had in my neighborhood on north-facing properties was comical. Also, make sure the road you live on is county maintained or you'll have to rely on the guy with the plow down the street to get everything open.

I'm reminded of the Stupid Zone concept with that one. https://www.hcn.org/issues/40.23/cha...uld-believe-in Was at a party up there and listened to how some homeowners had to hire a backhoe after a bad storm.

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    I grew up in the Evergreen area
    Sir, you, like me, are obviously not as qualified as Benny to give advice on the area.

Thankfully, a large majority of the eastcoast dwellers wouldn't like living in Evergreen. Benny, just so I can keep my finger on the pulse of desirable places to live, can you opine on the following:

Pinedale, WY

Richfield, UT

Bishop, CA

Horseshoe Bend, ID

Prescott, AZ
    Nope. Nada. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Sir, you, like me, are obviously not as qualified as Benny to give advice on the area.
    *sigh* I know you're right. Maybe one day I'll get to his level of non-expertise. Just trying to fill the hole in my life by providing unproven real estate advice on a ski forum in the meantime.

Take a lap.

Last time I was up at a brewery in Evergreen (a week ago...when were you last there?) it was fucking packed, had live music and a fuckton of cougars in trail running gear.

Benny, just so I can keep my finger on the pulse of desirable places to live, can you opine on the following:

Pinedale, WY

Richfield, UT

Bishop, CA

Horseshoe Bend, ID

Prescott, AZ
    Nope. Nada. Why?
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 440
Size:  22.5 KB

Explain then, counselor.

Benny , don’t ever change !!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

seriously, people can argue about anything.

Golden is rad. Evergreen is rad. Both are better than east Aurora and both too crowded on a summer weekend.
    I'd opt for quiet and open space over proximity to bars, your mileage may vary. There is no wrong answer.

Have lived in Evergreen 97-99 and moved back here again 2008. And am a realtor. And am not the dude Benny referred to. Nor do I know the area as well as he.
    My good friend owns Revival, great friends with the Tap House kids. I get by.
    Houses are spendy, as they are lots of places people like to live. Think last year average was above $650k. But we do have a few trails, my dogs freak out if I leash them, don't need ac and you can fight an elk if you'd like.
    I live on six acres bordering 1000 about ten minutes from town. When I lived in Wash Park people got all sweary when I got ripped and walked around the yard nekked.
    The level of average fitness around here is a little upper skewed, old young, male female.

I just heard that march spring break cancellations are off the charts right now since summit county is colorado death central for mumps and rat flue
    town is really quiet for a friday it's not looking good
    I also heard from all my realtor friends that the overleveraged second home short term rental owners are looking to dump their properties cheap
    since they are faced with no spring break bookings and sky high hoa fees
    looks like Benny should be able to pick up a nice studio in dillon valley for next to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I just heard that march spring break cancellations are off the charts right now since summit county is colorado death central for mumps and rat flue
    I also heard from all my realtor friends that the overleveraged second home short term rental owners are looking to dump their properties cheap
    looks like Benny should be able to pick up a nice studio in dillon valley for next to nothing
    This place could use a little fail. We gotta at least finish all the houses that are started right? Where is my deposit check?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Awesome! Now some more snow!

My grandparents lived in Evergreen near 41 before they got to nursing house. I like Minnesota childhood was there.