QST 118 or Bent Chetler 120 or Faction Candide 4.0/5.0

I want new powder sticks. Current powder skis are Armada ARV JJ 17/18. I will mount Salomon shift on -3...-3.5 from true center of either of these skis.

I need a good flotation, high speed limit, good performance on crud and a playfull character/flex to throw some simple tricks like 3s, butters, rodeos and flat spins from mountain features without too much work.

Which one of stated skis is better for my needs? Currently I'm leaning more to QST 118.

p.s. I'm from Europe and getting US made skis like ON3P and Moment - it's too expensive and imho doesn't worth it.

the bent chetlers 2017 and before tick all those boxes

Heh. I was going to suggest the newest lighter BC. Very damp for the weight because of the metal sheet. Playful, stable, fun. Speed limit is High. Not sure you’d be happy with the crud performance, but they handle variable snow better than they should.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

My 2 cents. I've skied the current BC and previous version a bunch. I much prefer the rossignol black ops for chop/ski hill conditions. They destroy crud where the BC survives it. Still really playful and easy to ski. Switch pow performance is great and they spin fine. but they are 700g heavier per ski than the bent. I haven't skied a current 4.0 or QST.

I have a pair of qst 118s and they’re a great powder ski. Float is un real. Smear turns are so easy yet ski is stable. Can’t speak as to how jibby they are, but they do have a very center mount and are lightweight

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I’ve got the Faction CT 5.0’s. Mine are mounted at -5.

Love this ski. Ski it more often than I should. It handles pow of course, but also steep chalky bumps and groomers. Just a really fun ski. Very nimble for its size. Stiff enough. Great to ski fast and loose. Sold my Candide 4.0 as the 5.0 is better.

I have been thinking of picking up something like this for a lower angle playful pow ski. The QST 118 is tempting.