Bike parts and Pandemics Supply line issues

what say you? this summer bike parts in short supply?

Port of Oakland is seeing a slow down/cancellation in cargo ships from China. Oakland is one the major west coast shipping ports. When will bikes shops see an impact, if any? any shop owners out there with some info?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-port-oakland/

could definitely affect my fish prices this year. probably same for bike parts
    https://www.adn.com/business-economy...afood-exports/
    off your knees Louie

On a weightweenies thread people were talking about some mfg's already announcing delays.

Of note: GIANT has pushed back their new TCR a few months. While it may not seem like a big deal, since Giant makes nearly everyone's bikes, pushing back supply for their own bike prolly means pushing it back for everyone's.

Looks like were all gonna be buying Time and Guerilla Gravity! Assuming they can get the raw materials
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Some of that raw materials, and components will be a tough hurdle to overcome.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I was surprised to learn that some carbon rims I ordered in late January shipped last week out of China (Port of Xiamen). I figured my order would have been canceled.

I give grabtindy 3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch

So far I'm not seeing too much for shorts but that's probably because the last ships have just come in. We'll see in 3-4 weeks, the distributor I rep for will be giving us a heads up as they see things start coming up short.

One of the brands I rep has been sending out regular updates, this is the one from this morning--

Since our update in our newsletter on Monday, here is some of the latest news about our supply chain, and how Coronavirus is affecting our business. The number of new daily cases in China continuing to decline, which is great news, and more and more onward suppliers are reopening. We are slowly starting to get some visibility over dates of our orders, and Daiana or I will be communicating these to you in the next day or so. There is a lot of information to process, so I thank you for your patience during this time. The good news is that things are starting to get back to normal, and more and more workers are back at factories. As you will read below though, despite this, even major suppliers in the industry like Shimano and Suntour are still suffering, and this is indicative of most factories across all industries in China still.

Shimano have informed us that the lead times of their Chinese factories in Kunshan and Tianjin are still "Pending" and will be updated 13 March 2020. They are back in production now, however shipment dates are still TBC and this is what is causing the potential delays and this "Pending" status.

Our factory called the SR Suntour this week for the latest updates, they replied to us that their production line only has around 100 employees so far compared to their usual 500 employees, so are only operating at a 20% capacity. This is indicative of all parts and frame suppliers within China and we work closely with them following all of our planned productions.

The takeaway there seems to be, buy today or wait until late Summer.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

That's my take on it.