22 12.09%

18 9.89%

14 7.69%

20 10.99%

24 13.19%

14 7.69%

7 3.85%

1 0.55%
  • 10 - As real as it gets. Prepping for End of Days.

5 2.75%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Today, I got a note from my undergrad that they've cancelled classes and have encouraged students to return home. (My grad seems to already be on remote learning policy.) They will have online classes until further notice, maybe extending through the end of the spring semester.

[I'm curious what this looks like for studio classes (or other arts "participatory" classes)]

"flatten the curve" seems to be the words of the moment

My public school system closed today with no word yet about longer term plans. Expecting to hear this evening.. could be open tomorrow or shut down for 2 weeks!?!

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—As an increasing number of schools and universities closed down because of the coronavirus outbreak, the Education Secretary, Betsy DeVos, revealed on Monday that she had been planning for years to close every school in the country anyway.
    Speaking to reporters in Washington, DeVos said, “When I took over as Education Secretary, I came with a simple mission: to shut down all of the nation’s schools. It turns out that I was just ahead of my time.”

Noting that schools are where students learn math, science, and history, DeVos said, “I have long believed that schools are where all the bad things happen.”
    Deciding to “wipe out the scourge of education once and for all,” DeVos said that, within days of taking office, she drew up an ambitious plan called No School Left Open.
    In a reassuring message to the nation’s parents and students, DeVos said, “Amid the current crisis, many of you are wondering how we will close every American school overnight. Let me just say that this is the job Betsy DeVos was born to do.”

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senator Susan Collins, of Maine, has not decided whether she will wash her hands in response to the coronavirus outbreak, Collins confirmed on Friday.
    Speaking to reporters at the Capitol, Collins said that she was “deeply troubled” by the behavior of the covid-19 virus.

“The behavior of the coronavirus is, to me, profoundly disturbing,” she said. “Whether it rises to the level of something I should respond to by washing my hands is a question I am devoting a great deal of thought to right now.”
    Collins said that she had set “no timetable” for deciding whether to wash her hands, stressing that it was a decision “I do not take lightly.”
    As of press time, Collins was spotted standing outside a Senate washroom, seemingly immobilized.

It has to be a giant conspiracy of the paper and bottle water industries. Has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Placed orders from Chewy and Amazon instead of going to Wallywurld or Home Despot
    watch out for snakes

Getting your shit shipped from Seattle May be a braver move than leaving the house.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I have 4 cans of lysol virus death spray. When the box gets here it is deloused then goes to a 14 day isolation after which it is given the once over with a propane torch.

Contents are then safe to remove via sterile gloves and mask donned.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Getting your shit shipped from Seattle May be a braver move than leaving the house.
    I'm not sure that's how Amazon works these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Bezos does all of the boxing up in his apartment.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Placed orders from Chewy and Amazon instead of going to Wallywurld or Home Despot
    Last week I tested out Wally World's order online and drive through pick up service. Worked quite nicely.

If you use it and don't want substitutions make sure you uncheck that box next to each item. If you forget they will ask you if you're okay with the subs when you pick up.

2 thumbs up as an alternative to shopping in store or home delivery.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last week I tested out Wally World's order online and drive through pick up service. Worked quite nicely.

If you use it and don't want substitutions make sure you uncheck that box next to each item. If you forget they will ask you if you're okay with the subs when you pick up.

2 thumbs up as an alternative to shopping in store or home delivery.
    That does sound appealing. I've thought about it for a little while, but it just seems so weird to do drive up grocery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    That does sound appealing. I've thought about it for a little while, but it just seems so weird to do drive up grocery.

Forgot to mention - you can bring your own bags too.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Game time Mutha Fuckas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Game time Mutha Fuckas!!!
    Kinda hungry for kielbasa now.

“Ms. Campbell, who are you wearing?!”

She really let herself go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

FWIW - things are getting better in China. The curve is still growing elsewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5244.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	319935

I just hope my local Costco has some fucking TP. I didn't even think about it, now were low (ish), all the cuckoos buying it all up. Like you can eat TP or some shit...is the deal so you don't have to go out for months?

Glad people are stocking up on bottled water. When the Covid deceased start falling in the river and infecting the local water supply, the chant of “whose laughing now” will haunt my dehydrated dreams.

I've now got about a 4.5 month supply of food stashed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I've now got about a 4.5 month supply of food stashed up.
    But what about hydration and butt hygiene?

COVID-19 Prepper & Observations Thread

Apparently the Costco in Missoula is out of TP again. Coworker who normally works remotely from her husbands ranch came into town. She had thought the buzz was as much of a joke as anyone, and was shocked to see it had reached missoula of all places.

Company suspended cross-state travel finally.

Does that wipe from the inside after you eat it?
    watch out for snakes