22 12.09%

18 9.89%

14 7.69%

20 10.99%

24 13.19%

14 7.69%

7 3.85%

1 0.55%
  • 10 - As real as it gets. Prepping for End of Days.

5 2.75%
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    So, do you need a farmhand for a couple months?
    LOL! Not yet. I'll let you know when I get sick.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

so it seems that the whole country is going to sit at home for the next two weeks drunk

COVID-19 Prepper & Observations Thread

I couldn’t talk my wife out of her hair appointment!

Amazing how those things Trump anything.

Some of us will be drinking.

Many others will knot.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL! Not yet. I'll let you know when I get sick.
    I think I saw a movie about this somewhere....I won’t tell you the ending.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    I couldn’t talk my wife out of her hair appointment!

Amazing how those things Trump anything.
    Ha. I told my wife to cancel her facial and that I’d just give her one at home.

She wasn’t amused.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

COVID-19 Prepper & Observations Thread

From the NYT

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States was announced, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from “little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods,” his brother said. “The major metro areas were cleaned out.”

Matt Colvin stayed home near Chattanooga, preparing for pallets of even more wipes and sanitizer he had ordered, and starting to list them on Amazon. Mr. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, “it was crazy money.” To many others, it was profiteering from a pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...e=articleShare

JFC, asshole

The next day, Amazon pulled his items and thousands of other listings for sanitizer, wipes and face masks. The company suspended some of the sellers behind the listings and warned many others that if they kept running up prices, they’d lose their accounts. EBay soon followed with even stricter measures, prohibiting any U.S. sales of masks or sanitizer.

Now, while millions of people across the country search in vain for hand sanitizer to protect themselves from the spread of the coronavirus, Mr. Colvin is sitting on 17,700 bottles of the stuff with little idea where to sell them.

“It’s been a huge amount of whiplash,” he said. “From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”
    how often is Amazon the good guy?

What aisle is the "white trash aisle"?

(asking for a friend)

White trash aisle...just witnessed first hand.

Ramen. For $0.11 per packet, it's something we keep $2-3 worth at our house in case we ever need something. Apparently not many people saw a need until now.

Hand soap and disinfectants. I'm wondering if hoarders are that bad or if that many people were just disgusting prior to a pandemic?

Staples like pasta, beans, and rice. Once again, we usually keep enough on hand to get us through a few weeks.

Frozen veggies...yes, we have some.

Hot dogs and fixings. We are short here. I do have about 30 lbs of homemade sausage that I did last summer though.

We went for our normal shopping this week and it was a trip seeing what people were buying in a panic. Shopping carts full of soda, anything ramen or canned soup/spaghettios. We had our normal weekly list of things like produce and specific spices or beans (plenty in the bulk section) for specific recipes for the week and that was all plentiful.

Having had a cold before in our lives and not wanting to go out, we generally keep enough food to go a week at home and actually enjoy our meals (plenty of meat in the freezer,fresh veggies and fruit for salads, homemade pesto and marinara sauce, etc). Then we usually keep plain and boring stuff that we wouldn't enjoy but if something happened such as a power outage, water supply issue, major illness or some type of civil authority shut down to got another 2-3 weeks. Also have about a weeks worth of Mountain House just because we throw them in for backpacking and hunting trips and it's easier to have them on hand. TP, soap, and household cleaners-could go a month or two before the panic. Common medicine and first aid is always stocked up and kits/meds are reviewed prior to river trip season for expirations and missing supplies from use. Have propane and charcoal that we use for grilling and trips...probably enough to run a grill and outdoor stove for a month for two. Water purifiers-backpacking and larger gravity bag.

Whiskey, wine, and weed...could go a really long time here. And then there's ammo.

I don't know if it is just common sense or doing enough extended yurt, camping and river trips where you don't have access to services that we have the gear and mindset. Amazing after my trip to the store how so many people wouldn't last long. Not sure what my prep rating would be but I'm pretty comfortable year round for an extended lack of services.

It's times like these that I am glad we live in hurricane country. We stockpile non perishables on a regular basis, along with batteries and flashlights and headlamps, etc. Hopefully we won't need any of it.

My liver isn't going to survive this...
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My liver isn't going to survive this...
    Finally, someone speaking my language
    I still call it The Jake.

It's the end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    From the NYT

JFC, asshole

As often as they can pimp their own private label copycat shit and get the profit themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    From the NYT

JFC, asshole

Preying on people's fears, how lovely. He should be forced to donate all of it and then be sentenced to community service in a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    It's times like these that I am glad we live in hurricane country. We stockpile non perishables on a regular basis, along with batteries and flashlights and headlamps, etc. Hopefully we won't need any of it.
    Because of where I live I too stockpile. Already had a lot of what most are scrambling for except of course hand sanitizer but I've got lots of soap, Clorox wipes and Lysol spray.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I guess in what scenario would toilet paper or water be unavailable?

I’ll just move on, I get being prepared for disasters but this is ridiculous.

Saw a pack of (2) 32ounce Purell bottles on Amazon for $350 today.

Some fucking prepper moron may buy it I guess.
    Well TP is becoming unavailable currently; my supervisor went shopping for the group home yesterday, and Costco was completely out of it, along with frozen veggies.

As for my prepping level, I bought a bottle of Airborne a couple days ago, but mostly because one of our residents had a high fever and a nasty cough (she was tested for COVID19, but it was negative).

I am generally unworried about it, it seems to be killing elderly people who already have advanced conditions. The paranoid response from young healthy people is causing all manner of problems, and that seems to be the real threat from the virus.

I really liked Woodsy's hand washing guide, and printed out one for each bathroom at the group home.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    It's the end of the world...
    they are sure acting like it.

in my local grocery store, all the packaged chicken was bought, wth ? unless you have a big freezer you are only going to freeze enough to last an extra two weeks.

and despite the water buying panic, the store was out of water 3 days ago; but trucks still deliver water every week; water again last night.

(luckily I bought all that extra ammo when Obama was elected. I will have no resupply problems)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I just passed a kid in a Zaxby’s uniform walking into Chick Fil A.

Dark times indeed.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Lots of bunnies running around the hood
    Dont they migrate to the mountain west this time year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Name:  2types.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  decision.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  79.7 KB
    Last edited by KQ; 03-14-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Alright, I want to know which one of you suns a bitches is hoarding all of the Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food. I haven’t been able to find it for a month, and this bullshit isn’t helping.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

God damnit!

This thread made me hungry, guess i go see what my shit town has left!

Probably been said already, but I'd expect a huge spike in births in December and a lot of people on diets when this is over. Two things i think about when I am bored.

Vail Resorts closes all 37 resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL