22 12.09%

18 9.89%

14 7.69%

20 10.99%

24 13.19%

14 7.69%

7 3.85%

1 0.55%
  • 10 - As real as it gets. Prepping for End of Days.

5 2.75%
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Was going to stock up on silver eagles but no local dealers have or can get them. Looking for recommendations for reputable online dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    No flour at our store today. WTF?
    People who have never baked bread in their lives are going to start baking bread.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    People who have never baked bread in their lives are going to start baking bread.
    Too late I already did. My wife is working from home and I'm laid off so plenty of time to frett about why our dough isn't rising.

My daughter among them^^. She's never baked bread before and there's plenty in the store but she bought flour today. Boredom not necessity is the driver.

Somewhere in the distance, the sourdough thread can be heard laughing to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Too late I already did. My wife is working from home and I'm laid off so plenty of time to frett about why our dough isn't rising.
    I’m no KQ, but if it was yeast bread, was the yeast good?
    Maybe the water was too hot when you added it to the yeast and killed it?
    Is it too cold for it to rise?
    Maybe added to much flour when kneading?

Has anyone heard from KQ? Hope she’s doing well.

Lead time for store pickup of groceries ordered on-line has stretched to three days.
    I am out of, and the store has no, Cholula Chipotle sauce
    I don't have enough flour to make a batch of brownies until Saturday
    Shit's gettin' real yo

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Was going to stock up on silver eagles but no local dealers have or can get them. Looking for recommendations for reputable online dealers.
    I was trying to do the same thing last week; spot price per ounce was the lowest its been in over a decade (under $12/oz). Back up to $15/oz now

Thirded - I usually buy Eagles/MapleLeaves - went last week and all out - no more even to order - picked up a couple hundred bucks worth of cull Morgan/Peace (90%) silver dollars - cool to look at at least.....

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Thirded - I usually buy Eagles/MapleLeaves - went last week and all out - no more even to order - picked up a couple hundred bucks worth of cull Morgan/Peace (90%) silver dollars - cool to look at at least.....
    The Gold Market Is Being Tested Like Never Before https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...dented-turmoil

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

.223/.308/9mm/00 Buckshot>silver
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I haven’t been watching this thread. Apologies if already discussed. What are peeps plans in the circumstance that you and spouse are sick and u have youngins at home who are feeling fine? What about scenarios where one or both parents needs to be hospitalized? We live in a rural area.... no immediate family around. Probably could have friends take in the kids, but they’d then be exposing themselves if the kids are just asymptomatic.

Everybody is feeling fine at my house, but we have some friends (Boulder, CO) with the classic symptoms. Their daughter can cook for her and her little bro, but she’s still just a kid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I haven’t been watching this thread. Apologies if already discussed. What are peeps plans in the circumstance that you and spouse are sick and u have youngins at home who are feeling fine? What about scenarios where one or both parents needs to be hospitalized? We live in a rural area.... no immediate family around. Probably could have friends take in the kids, but they’d then be exposing themselves if the kids are just asymptomatic.

Everybody is feeling fine at my house, but we have some friends (Boulder, CO) with the classic symptoms. Their daughter can cook for her and her little bro, but she’s still just a kid.

Thanks
    If you’re good enough friends with the couple, you should ask them if they have a plan. Or maybe offer to help out.

Thanks

I've read about two families that are close agreeing to be each other's backups in the case of kids or various scenarios similar to what you describe. Kind of a family buddy system of sorts. We have this in place with some good friends.

Thanks

The kids will be fine.

Put out a large bowl of kibble and leave toilet seat up
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've read about two families that are close agreeing to be each other's backups in the case of kids or various scenarios similar to what you describe. Kind of a family buddy system of sorts. We have this in place with some good friends.
    Yes. We have friends that would take our children and vis versa, but each would be openly inviting the virus into their house, potentially snowballing if those parents then get really sick and have to punt two family’s worth of children onto another family....

Yes. We have friends that would take our children and vis versa, but each would be openly inviting the virus into their house, potentially snowballing if those parents then get really sick and have to punt two family’s worth of children onto another family....
    Yeah I mean, there’s no good solution here.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If you and your wife are sick then the kids have at least been exposed and may be sick, sending them to a friend's house doesn't seem like a great idea.

Probably best to just ride it out together and cross your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If you and your wife are sick then the kids have at least been exposed and may be sick, sending them to a friend's house doesn't seem like a great idea.

Probably best to just ride it out together and cross your fingers.
    Yep. My inquiry is related to planning for the situation when both parents require hospitalization....

Thanks
    My wife and I had this same talk. She is staying at home with the kids, 10 min away. I stay at my business and keep them supplied with food etc. I am the getter of things. I sanitize everything before dropping it off, staying 1 week or 2 ahead of needs so that I can let things just sit before I bring them over. It sucks but the importance of having at least one of us stay healthy takes priority. I'm not really working so I cook food, shoot out back, watch netflix, try to sell food here and there.

For planning if we both get sick, both my parents and wife's parents are nearby but they are older. My sister is also nearby. We have friends around too. We have a loose plan.

COVID-19 Prepper & Observations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    My wife and I had this same talk. She is staying at home with the kids, 10 min away. I stay at my business and keep them supplied with food etc. I am the getter of things. I sanitize everything before dropping it off, staying 1 week or 2 ahead of needs so that I can let things just sit before I bring them over. It sucks but the importance of having at least one of us stay healthy takes priority. I'm not really working so I cook food, shoot out back, watch netflix, try to sell food here and there.

For planning if we both get sick, both my parents and wife's parents are nearby but they are older. My sister is also nearby. We have friends around too. We have a loose plan.
    Thanks for sharing. A loose plan is probably all that one can do... grandparents are definitely staying out of the plan for us.... I do not think that my wife and I probably can’t physically separate like that because I don’t think there is anywhere else that we can go, but it’s not a bad idea, and something to think about.... it sounds pretty fucking lonely....

Not criticizing, but don't you all think that is going a little too deep on the scale? How old are you folks? Have you never had an entire household get sick at once? And why do you think this would be any different? Straight questions. This is not a get sick you die thing needing multiple backup plans for kid hand offs for life.

Maybe turn off the media and buy some puzzles is in order? Or give a couple week intensive culinary lesson to the kids?