22 12.09%

18 9.89%

14 7.69%

20 10.99%

24 13.19%

14 7.69%

7 3.85%

1 0.55%
  • 10 - As real as it gets. Prepping for End of Days.

5 2.75%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Name:  Fear.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  102.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^ Seems reasonable.
    No
    Cdiff is just wrong
    . . .

Have y'all considered going the bulk route with your mac n cheese?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/cost...-20-years.html

Shit will last 20 years too!

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    We typically have a good amount of food in the fridge/pantry, but did buy about an additional week of bagged food. Tried to buy 10 gallons of water but was sold out. Have water filter and could get it from the creek if needed. Also plenty of bunnies and deer around if things get that bad.

I already had tyvak suites and respirators. Was already shopping for a bullet proof vest, but that was prepping for the election.

Would love to have a bunker.

I don't get the folks hoarding TP, but might grab a couple boxes of baby wipes.

I guess I'm a 5, but would like to be a 10 :-)
    Can’t tell if serious.

Why would you have to drink water from a creek?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The good news is it comes in a bucket, so you can shit it right back in there

I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Much like White Castle, it’s best eaten on the can.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    We typically have a good amount of food in the fridge/pantry, but did buy about an additional week of bagged food. Tried to buy 10 gallons of water but was sold out. Have water filter and could get it from the creek if needed. Also plenty of bunnies and deer around if things get that bad.

I already had tyvak suites and respirators. Was already shopping for a bullet proof vest, but that was prepping for the election.

Would love to have a bunker.

I don't get the folks hoarding TP, but might grab a couple boxes of baby wipes.

I guess I'm a 5, but would like to be a 10 :-)
    Tp will be like gold. Horde it and booze.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Can’t tell if serious.

Why would you have to drink water from a creek?

I don't understand the water-hoarding (that apparently is going on) either... WTF?

People are just stupid lemmings.

The good news is all the unnecessary water being stockpiled will be useful when the quake hits.

water and TP are cheap and buying it lessens society's anxiety about something they otherwise can't see or easily avoid

I'm not in the age or health group that needs to be afraid of covid (unless it leaves people with lung scarring) - but I am a bit afraid of society panicking in inappropriate ways. So I bought TP because 1) it's cheap 2) it doesn't go stale 3) I'm gonna use it anyway and 4) I don't want to switch to using wet rags unless I really have to

Easy to come up with TP substitutes. Easy to boil water if needed. Most people on here have enough food kicking around to last a month at least.

Things I can't easily improvise on = 1) booze 2) tasty snacks 3) medications (prescription or over the counter) 4) cat food 5) automobile fuel

I guess in what scenario would toilet paper or water be unavailable?

I’ll just move on, I get being prepared for disasters but this is ridiculous.

Saw a pack of (2) 32ounce Purell bottles on Amazon for $350 today.

Some fucking prepper moron may buy it I guess.

Yeah, mostly keep a few gallons around for when the earthquake cuts off supply and use them for camping and long drives. When your water comes from 500 miles away, seems like lots of things could go wrong.

Water will be available. My point was that people are panicking and it seems like buying water helps them feel better. Not justifying it - just trying to explain it. I didn't buy any extra water.

The issue as I see it is the potential for wide-ranging quarantining of people. If people have to self isolate at home for 2 weeks what will that do to supplies - someone has to package that TP, someone has to put it on the truck, someone has to drive that truck, someone has to unload it and stock it on the shelf, someone has to man the checkout to let you buy it. If people are all on lockdown at home it's not the end of the world - but it could be disruptive to supply chains.

Why has society chosen TP and not other things? I can't explain it. But since it's been chosen that as the thing to buy I'm going to buy a little extra - nothing crazy. Like I said you could always improvise if supplies run low at the store and you didn't feel like buying some extra. No shame in using wet rags, tissues etc.

The same supply chains could affect the things I mentioned that can't easily be improvised - booze, medications, pet food, gas for your car, cash from the ATM etc.

Quote Originally Posted by user of redaction View Post
    Who all here has covid19
    lol
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Go over to the other thread. There is a video of an LA port worker showing how empty the port is right now. She mentions how it's normally full of cans/containers.

I'm so fucking sick of all these pole-smoking preppers and jack-off spazzes who bought a city of 6,000,000 out of every damned bottle of sanitizer, much less aloe and rubbing alcohol.

I ran out and have a 5 year old who goes to school with other snot-nosed 5 year olds - I just want some motherfucking sanitizer to keep in my car like I always do but all these choad-gurgling asshats cleaned out every gotdamned Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, CVS, Walgreens, Ace Hardware and gas station in the metro ATL area.

I hope these wanna-be Kitty Dukakises enjoy drinking their lifetime supply of Purell.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm so fucking sick of all these pole-smoking preppers and jack-off spazzes who bought a city of 6,000,000 out of every damned bottle of sanitizer, much less aloe and rubbing alcohol.

I ran out and have a 5 year old who goes to school with other snot-nosed 5 year olds - I just want some motherfucking sanitizer to keep in my car like I always do but all these choad-gurgling asshats cleaned out every gotdamned Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, CVS, Walgreens, Ace Hardware and gas station in the metro ATL area.

I hope these wanna-be Kitty Dukakises enjoy drinking their lifetime supply of Purell.
    Amen, brother. Getting my 3 or 6 year old to wash their hands correctly is about a 10 percent success rate in my house.

Are you in Buckhead? My 97 year old grandmother is at Lenbrook on Peachtree and that place is huge. Lots of good people work there that come from all over the city. I hope they have some protocol on place so workers can stay home if need be but seniors can still get care. I'm a tad worried about her.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I am, just a couple miles south of her off Peachtree.

City seems to be doing fine aside from every toolbag-prepper, freaked out bulk-buyers and opportunistic jagoffs buying up normal things like soap.

First case at a homeschool center 40 minutes north of the city popped up yesterday.

We'll be fine, remember, the CDC is on Emory's campus and that's where they brought all the ebola patients... and beat it.

I figure if shit gets really bad I'll flash my old student ID and hang around the med campus for safety's sake.

I am, just a couple miles south of her off Peachtree.

City seems to be doing fine aside from every toolbag-prepper, freaked out bulk-buyers and opportunistic jagoffs buying up normal things like soap.

First case at a homeschool center 40 minutes north of the city popped up yesterday.

We'll be fine, remember, the CDC is on Emory's campus and that's where they brought all the ebola patients... and beat it.

I figure if shit gets really bad I'll flash my old student ID and hang around the med campus for safety's sake.
    uh, oh kay?

People are just stupid lemmings.

The good news is all the unnecessary water being stockpiled will be useful when the quake hits.

If nothing else, this is an interesting insight into how unprepared some people are for a large earthquake in the PNW.

Thanks Bmills. I can only imagine the panicked traffic on top of the regular hell in ATL!

Now that there is a case in Summit county, people will really start going crazy here and frenzy shopping has already been happening.

Boulder school district has early spring break and I know a lot of people are cancelling their vacations. I've been adding canned fruit, Bison in the freezer, misc snacks, PB, soup stuff, cat and dog food. I think CU and BVSD will close, just a matter of time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I bought 60 lbs of rice and probably 2 weeks of food on top of that. Also have about 30 quad rolls of TP in the house and water filtration/treatment supplies.

Oh, and I keep 1k rounds of .223 and 1k rounds of 9mm stored in my house. You can turn bullets into anything.

I hear that a draw knife is way more important than just bullets for making barter goods.

I ran out and have a 5 year old who goes to school with other snot-nosed 5 year olds - I just want some motherfucking sanitizer to keep in my car like I always do but all these choad-gurgling asshats cleaned out every godamned Publix, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, Office Depot, CVS, Walgreens, Ace Hardware and gas station in the metro ATL area.

LOL

Being on a well I'm not worried about water as long as there's electricity but yeah, it's that interrupted supply chain thing that's got me concerned. RE: sanitizer - Head to your local hardware/big box/Harbor Freight and get boxes of alcohol hand wipes. So far people around here don't seem to be thinking of proper alternatives, wet naps and baby wipes are perfect.