22 12.09%

18 9.89%

14 7.69%

20 10.99%

24 13.19%

14 7.69%

7 3.85%

1 0.55%
  • 10 - As real as it gets. Prepping for End of Days.

5 2.75%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Thanks for sharing. A loose plan is probably all that one can do... grandparents are definitely staying out of the plan for us.... I do not think that my wife and I probably can’t physically separate like that because I don’t think there is anywhere else that we can go, but it’s not a bad idea, and something to think about.... it sounds pretty fucking lonely....

Credit: Whiteroom Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Not criticizing, but don't you all think that is going a little too deep on the scale? How old are you folks? Have you never had an entire household get sick at once? And why do you think this would be any different? Straight questions. This is not a get sick you die thing needing multiple backup plans for kid hand offs for life.

Maybe turn off the media and buy some puzzles is in order? Or give a couple week intensive culinary lesson to the kids?
    Quantitative risk management. Odds of needing hospitalization are low, odds of both parents needing it are the square of that, which is not zero--could be 0.1%? So you multiply that probability by the cost of it happening and that's how important it is to mitigate it. What's the cost of having kids at home with no plan in that scenario? Not infinite, but pretty big. Dual hospitalizations will happen to people. Contingency planning is not panic.

Not criticizing, but don't you all think that is going a little too deep on the scale? How old are you folks? Have you never had an entire household get sick at once? And why do you think this would be any different? Straight questions. This is not a get sick you die thing needing multiple backup plans for kid hand offs for life.

Maybe turn off the media and buy some puzzles is in order? Or give a couple week intensive culinary lesson to the kids?
    Your thinking to logically
    Most people are so filled w internet and tv paranoia right now that they have gone insane
    My brother w a bunch of kids has lost his marbles called my parents and freaked out on them my poor mom just agreed w him and let him get it all out in the meantime she was worried about getting to happy hour on time the perks of living on an island w security and a guard house and no outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Your thinking to logically
    Most people are so filled w internet and tv paranoia right now that they have gone insane
    My brother w a bunch of kids has lost his marbles called my parents and freaked out on them my poor mom just agreed w him and let him get it all out in the meantime she was worried about getting to happy hour on time the perks of living on an island w security and a guard house and no outsiders
    so this is a nothing burger, no biggie at all, just the flu?

My ex said it was a good idea if the kids skipped their visit this week as they all just got back from Florida last week and if anyone has any symptoms etc.

I said fucking great!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    My ex said it was a good idea if the kids skipped their visit this week as they all just got back from Florida last week and if anyone has any symptoms etc.

I said fucking great!

That’s fine and a good plan but speaking as someone who hasn’t seen my kid (partner hasn’t seen hers) in two weeks and now probably two more it’s hard. Hang in there and be sure you use FaceTime or whatever to read to them or just hang out. It’s starting to weigh on us.

My friend who is a mother of four, 36 years old and in good health... went to the emergency room last night because she couldn't breath. So right now her husband is trying to figure out what to do if he has to go in as well (he's a doctor too, so higher chances of catching it). It's a legit concern.

COVID-19 Prepper & Observations Thread

And even if the hospital isn’t needed, this doesn’t sound like something you would necessarily will be in any shape to take care of your kids while you have it. Not to mention, who would want to keep their kids around a risky illness? Enough young and healthy people have died from this already, it’s seems back up plans are pretty necessary now.

Name:  2D565D67-9029-4D60-908F-6D2F031E29C9.jpeg
Views: 551
Size:  95.2 KB
    . . .

I understand that the probability is low, but it seems good to have a few loose plans. It also seems good to share one’s plan with nearby peers. I’m sure there will be families in this situation, especially single parents. Secondary related plan is what to do when/if your home excepts children of hospitalized parents. Or do you quarantine them to a room for a certain amount of time to see if they develop symptoms?

Well, that's the recommendation: sequester infected people to their own room and give them their own bathroom etc if possible. Ouch.

I think if my (scared) kids were sequestered in a room of my friends or family by themselves for 14 days, three would enter and 2 would exit... most my friends all share rooms as it, ie kids don’t have their own rooms.

And: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B99hVUX...d=1oy21s2fob00

^^^My God that is hilarious on so many levels!

Have not laughed that much in this whole thread!

Put money in the weed man’s pocket!!!!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Things are getting serious in Oregon:

Oregon allows statewide self service at gas stations
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

The preferred term is “shits getting real” in Oregon

Now they gonna blow up gas stations cause they've never had to pump their own gas, sharing them covids on the pump handles, and keeping the supply lines open mo' bettah. Check.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Wow! Self serve gas in Oregon! It's a complete breakdown of the societal order!

I grew up in Oregon, it is no exaggeration that many folks there have no clue how to pump gas.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

You're back! We were all worried about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

I grew up in Oregon, it is no exaggeration that many folks there have no clue how to pump gas.
    Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Sadly you are right. Although smaller counties have had self-serve for a while.

Also some California stations are going full service
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.