Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunderBumps View Post
    What length are you skiing? 196cm is too much ski for me at the resort with moguls, and the actual length of the 186 seems slightly short
    I’ve got 2 pairs of the 186 and a pair of the “Spur’d” 193s.
    If a deal came along on a pair of 196s I’d get them in an instant. At first I thought the 196 would be hudge, but after spending time on the 186 and 193, I’m not concerned about the larger size anymore.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Man remember the motherships. Those were awesome. OG wrens, made in Germany katanas.

What’s out there like that now? 110-113, really stiff and powerful but not dead?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Man remember the motherships. Those were awesome. OG wrens, made in Germany katanas.

What’s out there like that now? 110-113, really stiff and powerful but not dead?
    New this year so no beta yet, but the ON3P Wren 110 Pro looks promising.

I'm also really intrigued by the Prior Husume, but haven't skied them.

Most skis were heavy because of manufacturing, not that people actually needed a heavy ski to sideslip a couloir and traverse. Backcountry advanced manufacturing and trickled down lighter construction.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    New this year so no beta yet, but the ON3P Wren 110 Pro looks promising.

I'm also really intrigued by the Prior Husume, but haven't skied them.
    Have a pair of 189 Quad Glass Husumes that I'm waiting to put on snow...will let you all know how they go..

Horses for courses. My 197 Katanas rule on a typical cut up chop day at Mammoth, but my more modern skis eg GPOs kick ass billy goating at the wood. The nice thing about the beefy metal lam skis is you build up a few pairs and kinda feel like you’re set for the next decade or so. Durable.

On a related note I’m thinking of selling my 193 Husumes. Too many 108-120 skis in the quiver.

I don't think I'll ever part with my last gen Pettitors. No metal but that nice dense wood core gets me through the chop like nothing else. Cadillacs.