Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Fuck man, just got back from Hokkaido where they have a bunch of cases.

Hopping on plane to Vegas tomorrow. YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post
    or if they tell you to self quarantine you should.

https://time.com/5795405/new-hampshi...rtmouth-event/

I'm sure all his frat bros are happy he attended now.

This a little closer to home has me more worried though.
    That MetroNorth commuter line don't just stop in New Rochelle.
    it is out now in the New York metro area and they are shutting some schools.
    I was down in Mt. Vernon this morning.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...tests/2311723/
    You are going to get it. Accept this fact. Do what you can to boost your immunity so you can kick its ass when you do come in contact with it, but realize that you're gonna get it unless you drastically alter your lifestyle long term.

The problem is that people are contagious for weeks before showing symptoms so it gets spread everywhere. Most folks get mild symptoms so don't even bother reporting which makes the spread even greater.

You can either self quarantine like an agorophobic if you want to ensure you don't get it, or just go about your daily life with some minor adjustments like taking a multivitamin, or washing hands a little more. Flights are cheap AF right now, and flying standbys has never been easier. I'm gonna be flying standby every weekend till the panic subsides.

Can I have your stereo?
    watch out for snakes

Sorry guys i did not read this thread. Hey op i have one song stuck in my head!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DGrc1uh7I

Sent from ullr with love!

Hopefully Canada shuts down travel along the Washington border next week. Lets keep those disease-riddled yanks away from Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Can you imagine how quick those lift lines will clear for you when you announce you have CoronaVirus? parting of the weekend crowd red sea here I come!
    https://youtu.be/DTQH47GCOhs

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Well, I'm flying to Zurich Monday.

So there.
    I flew GVA-MCO on Tuesday. Flight was less than half full. Less than 8 people in business class. Nice flight. Super clean. Back on the 12th then over to venduls.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

You are going to get it. Accept this fact. Do what you can to boost your immunity so you can kick its ass when you do come in contact with it, but realize that you're gonna get it unless you drastically alter your lifestyle long term.
    This seems a little overblown to me. Coronavirus spreads less efficiently than the flu.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Just rub hand sanitizer into your gloves instead of Sno-Seal and you'll be fine.

I found this interview with a WHO epidemiologist interesting: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/2116106...-covid19-china He talks about how China managed to finally it seems turn the corner on bringing the number of new cases down. I have to say I'm not super confident that the US system is ready to bring this kind of response. (I don't mean the authoritarian aspects, I mean I don't think the US is ready to let people stay home from work, we probably don't have enough respirators, ventilators, etc, etc.)

Anyway, takeaway #1 is that the initial symptoms are a dry cough and a fever. Not the sniffles. If you have a runny nose, you have a goddamn cold, not coronavirus.
    thanks for that link, good read.
    For the data nerds out there:
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

The problem is that people are contagious for weeks before showing symptoms so it gets spread everywhere. Most folks get mild symptoms so don't even bother reporting which makes the spread even greater.

You can either self quarantine like an agorophobic if you want to ensure you don't get it, or just go about your daily life with some minor adjustments like taking a multivitamin, or washing hands a little more. Flights are cheap AF right now, and flying standbys has never been easier. I'm gonna be flying standby every weekend till the panic subsides.
    It can be stopped. China did so. Taiwan looks good (they learned from SARS and were early to restrict travel and start public health measures). Hong Kong too. In the PR thread, I posted a Hong Kong graph showing surveillance of ~10 viral respiratory diseases - in the last few weeks, they all crashed to 0. Presumably SARS-COV2, that causes COVID-19, will have a hard time spreading there.

Also note that public health measures against the original SARS were successful. We are in a new era, capable of containing these diseases should we choose.

Also, the vast majority of COVID-19 sufferers develop symptoms in a few days. To catch those exposed before symptoms, public health officials trace contacts. Slowing the transmission rate and forcing the virus to die out is doable.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

From the TPG Lounge. Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is hilarious, the fear is amazing!!
    But walking through the airport in those shoes implies an unbalanced mind easily swayed by media fear/hype
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I'm surprised she's omitted the matching luggage.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    From the TPG Lounge. Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Only in Hotlanta. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Self quarantine (staying home) is to protect other people if you think you may have been exposed, or if you have the initial symptoms like a fever, or if you've tested positive for the virus. It's not to protect yourself.

Stopping the spread of the virus requires people to change their behavior by staying home when they're sick, and not just slouching off to a party like the Dartmouth person did. That was dumb, and selfish. We're all going to have to accept some inconveniences. It doesn't mean you shouldn't fly, but it means if you get a fever you need to stop flying.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Fuck man, just got back from Hokkaido where they have a bunch of cases.

Hopping on plane to Vegas tomorrow. YOLO!
    yo
    https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...mpression=true

Name:  yolo1.png
Views: 897
Size:  490.4 KB
    Name:  yolo2.png
Views: 920
Size:  204.0 KB
    Name:  yolo3.png
Views: 912
Size:  221.2 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

I’m a going on this trip if it kills me.
    watch out for snakes

I always thought Corona beer was not only shitty but a sign of the tasteless.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I always thought Corona beer was not only shitty but a sign of the tasteless.
    There's worse, can you say budlight lime
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Sorry guys i did not read this thread. Hey op i have one song stuck in my head!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DGrc1uh7I

Sent from ullr with love!
    nobody was picking it up : D what is he saying a 3:18

Maybe it will stay in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Self quarantine (staying home) is to protect other people if you think you may have been exposed, or if you have the initial symptoms like a fever, or if you've tested positive for the virus. It's not to protect yourself.

Stopping the spread of the virus requires people to change their behavior by staying home when they're sick, and not just slouching off to a party like the Dartmouth person did. That was dumb, and selfish. We're all going to have to accept some inconveniences. It doesn't mean you shouldn't fly, but it means if you get a fever you need to stop flying.
    well said

Check out this sweet map of the spread of Coronavirus across the world. It feels like the pandemic video game, but live.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

My friend wants me to join him at Baker now, so it looks like I'll be flying through Seattle on a most likely near empty plane.

Precautions, yes.
    Change my plans, hell no.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

My dental conference at Whistler scheduled for Mar 22-26 is now cancelled. This shit just hit home. Fucking pathogens!