Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    ^^^read an article about a month ago saying that Chinese hospitals were so jammed with C19 people early on that folks needing cancer infusion therapy and similarly major health problems were being turned away. Hospitals were also turning away people from Wuhan province

So it could get bad if curve not flattened. The saving grace is that most orthopedic surgery centers are pretty specialized and are outpatient. Whether a surgery crew is available and willing to come in is a different matter

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Why don't you shut the fuck up unless you have something positive to say?
    do you need a midol? let it go dude

since tis is appearing in my tgr feedz today i took the liberty to edit with with Boyne's fresh announcement....

Name:  BIGSKY.png
Views: 1258
Size:  400.3 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Why don't you shut the fuck up unless you have something positive to say?
    I thought this was the thread for saying negative stuff and bitching. If it is, I'll add that I was gonna go to Squaw this week, then yesterday I thought I'd go to Mt. Rose, and, well, now I'm gonna stay home and wait for the new snow to settle. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    everything is changing so fast. Baker said they're staying open for at least the next week, but after that, who knows.
    Scratch that. Baker is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I didn't know that.
    Based on reactions I'm seeing on social media you're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    do you need a midol? let it go dude
    He does have a point. I do need to cut down on the snark. I'll try to post some POV stoke of me XC skiing on a snow covered road. Exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I own some rental properties at The Canyons. My cancellation policy is 100% refund 60+ days out, 50% +30 days out and nonrefundable less than 30 days out. I have a few renters who are supposed to come in between now and April 1. I can see of no equitable solution, but to change my refund policy. WWMD?
    give them 12 month credit to use it or loose it.

RCR now closed for week as of Sunday midnight. So Fernie and KH.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Local docs pleading with rmr on their fb page to shut the lifts to limit the hospital resources needed, not to mention the influx from other areas with hills that have shut down
    This is a good point. Having had the displeasure of earning a tibial plateau fracture skiing at RMR last year, I can report first hand that their hospital is tiny, and has limited resources. While I was enjoying their hospitality, someone commented to me that the Revelstoke hospital is not equipped to handle much more than "first looks at ski injuries and the occasional drunk." Basically everything else gets you sent to Kamloops (or further.) I don't know if this has changed since but when I was there they didn't even have an MRI machine.

Lifts still turning at Red, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    GF got the word last Friday that her elective surgery (shoulder replacement) is now cancelled. She's not happy as she's in a considerable amount of pain. Hope they give her lots of pain meds in place of surgery and hope it doesn't lead to something worse.
    Well, tell her to avoid Advil.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...irus-infection

Quote Originally Posted by ipmcc View Post
    Interestingly, Revelstoke is still open, saying this (among other stuff) in their most recent email:

It seems a little weird, given that Whistler has shut down, but Revy is also waaaay more isolated than Whistler, and unlikely to see the same level of international visitors.

Is anyone aware of a place I can find a centralized list of US/Canada ski resorts that are remaining open?
    The problem right now for remaining mountains open is getting flooded with infectious ski bums from other locations shut down. I'm guessing that's why Taos shut down a week before they said they would. Thousands of carriers would have infected the town. The Ikon pass will contribute. But, if I've got it right, the pass is no longer operational, right?

Betcha it spreads like fire in Moab now, if they keep bars and restaraunts open.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    give them 12 month credit to use it or loose it.
    I was considering that. However, after much consideration, I decided to refund about $8k in rentals. So much for my spring trip to Kapalua. Hoping for karma
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I was considering that. However, after much consideration, I decided to refund about $8k in rentals. So much for my spring trip to Kapalua. Hoping for karma
    Good for you, that was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Good for you, that was the right thing to do.
    Agreed. Good decision and karma points.

Guessing that trip would of ended up a no go anyways. We usually rent our place in Whistler out for the summer, thinking that might not be happening this year.

Strong work! Karma heading your way for sure.

You did the right thing.

Now this is some aggressive marketing...

Show your Epic or Ikon Pass and save 50% off an adult 8Hr ticket at the ticket windows. Hurry, offer ends 3/22.

<snip> So much for my spring trip to Kapalua.
    You weren't going on that trip anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by ipmcc View Post
    ) I don't know if this has changed since but when I was there they didn't even have an MRI machine.
    Not sure why this is surprising. Our community has 8000 people and 6000 emergency visits a year. The financial case for certain medical services just doesn't exist. There also is no medical case to have a MRI here. It is hard for me to come up with a scenario where it might change my acute medical management in the ED (keeping in mind that we are a stablize and transfer hospital for more serious issues). A medical case to have a CT scanner does exist but again financially it just isn't going to happen.

Visitors to small BC towns just don't get this. If you injure yourself on the ski hill and need a orthopod, trauma surgeon or neurosurgeon there is no way you are in an OR within a few hours. More likely it will be several hours. If this bothers you then either don't come, minimize your risk while you are here, or push the ski resorts to take on the cost of providing these services.
    Last edited by goral; 03-16-2020 at 11:33 AM.

My wife just had her knee surgery cancelled in Vail. It was for tomorrow.

Until your hospital actually starts to be impacted the main reason I can see to cancel elective surgery that's going to be in the hospital a day or two is supplies--masks (although surgery doesn't used N95's), disinfectant, etc.). If the supply issue could be solved . . . but that's a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The problem right now for remaining mountains open is getting flooded with infectious ski bums from other locations shut down.
    Plus volly patrol are often emt/fire/nurse/doc etc (at least they were back when I did it). Those people aren't getting any days off anymore. Many (most) areas can't run a full operation with pro only without limiting tickets and terrain.