Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27
    southwest has tickets Houston to Denver $45 one way now, I could skin up somewhere; still good snow; but even if I go; our governor is going to quarantine me for 14 days when I get back.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    southwest has tickets Houston to Denver $45 one way now, I could skin up somewhere; still good snow; but even if I go; our governor is going to quarantine me for 14 days when I get back.
    Please don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Please don’t.
    He, do not be an ass!

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    He, do not be an ass!
    Call me an ass, but I didn’t just considering flying to CO to make some backcountry turns.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Call me an ass, but I didn’t just considering flying to CO to make some backcountry turns.
    Right, yeah, well I thank your governor then. Ass.

P.S. I meant "Yes", not "He" (stupid phone)

Well, by this time I guess this Covid19 / Chinese rat flu, or what ever you would like to call it, has affected not only mine but everybody else's skiing plans this season.

While I had planned on a March trip out to LCC, it never happened. And then I thought, 'well, maybe an early trip up to the rock pile in N.H.'. Nope. Never happened either. That shit just spread to fast!

I just hope we are still not discussing this in December.

Time to put this puppy to bed?

Seasons over. Let's remember the good times!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...the-Good-Times
    Last edited by stayhighstaydry; 03-30-2020 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post

I just hope we are still not discussing this in December.

Time to put this puppy to bed?

Seasons over. Let's remember the good times!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...the-Good-Times
    I agree. It's snowing in our mountains right meow. Webcams are torture to look at. Thanks for the link.

Too bad this didn't happen when we had no snow and barley made it to closing day. Here in Revy looks like the alpine just received another 50cm + with snow level just above the town. would have been top to bottom coverage until the end of April. But can't tour the resort and the national parks have shut so can't go there either.

Might be a good time to start charging folks for rescues. Might change at least some people's minds.And start paying SAR from the proceeds. The antion that invented credit default swaps should be able to figure out how to do that.

love that idea og. take it a step further so the rescue crew gets the $

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Might be a good time to start charging folks for rescues. Might change at least some people's minds.And start paying SAR from the proceeds. The antion that invented credit default swaps should be able to figure out how to do that.
    Terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Terrible idea.
    Come on, man. Professional for-hire SAR. Free market would promote competition. You could give competing SAR orgs a call when you fell and busted your noggin open and get the best deal.

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Come on, man. Professional for-hire SAR. Free market would promote competition. You could give competing SAR orgs a call when you fell and busted your noggin open and get the best deal.

What could possibly go wrong?
    We might get a SAR team that I would actually call? No idea if our snow team is any different but my experience with the climbing one leaves a lot to be desired.

No offense to any SAR members just my own personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    We might get a SAR team that I would actually call? No idea if our snow team is any different but my experience with the climbing one leaves a lot to be desired.

No offense to any SAR members just my own personal experience.
    I can assure you that wbr here in the wasatch is as good as it gets in the states. But right now less than a tenth of the usual rescuers are still employed. Probably less. Jackson boys are probably more trained with ropes. But you’ll get no faster response time in the country compared with wbr. The point is don’t do anything where you might need them. And you can break your leg a quarter mile from the road on low angle. Like happened in bear trap. Obviously many in this forum are more than competent but mistakes happen and you don’t want to be that guy right now. Lots of whatboutism arguments. But the simple fact is by not going out you reduce the stress on the system. Lots of people taking this too lightly like out won’t affect them. I have friends in Italy and Spain. Talking to them, I can assure you we need to do whatever we can to slow this. Even of you think what you do isn’t a contributing factor I can assure you it is. Open your eyes. This is a really fucking big problem. Check your needs and ego for the greater good. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I can assure you that wbr here in the wasatch is as good as it gets in the states. But right now less than a tenth of the usual rescuers are still employed. Probably less. Jackson boys are probably more trained with ropes. But you’ll get no faster response time in the country compared with wbr. The point is don’t do anything where you might need them. And you can break your leg a quarter mile from the road on low angle. Like happened in bear trap. Obviously many in this forum are more than competent but mistakes happen and you don’t want to be that guy right now. Lots of whatboutism arguments. But the simple fact is by not going out you reduce the stress on the system. Lots of people taking this too lightly like out won’t affect them. I have friends in Italy and Spain. Talking to them, I can assure you we need to do whatever we can to slow this. Even of you think what you do isn’t a contributing factor I can assure you it is. Open your eyes. This is a really fucking big problem. Check your needs and ego for the greater good. Simple as that.
    You've almost motivated me to stand on the patio and start yelling at the red jackets and their dogs.