Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Welp just cancelled my weekend in whistler. vibes. Still gunna ski though just closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Has anyone mentioned that Newsom is about to close all ski lodges in CA?

Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Haven't planned much of Corsica yet. Debating where on the island to go. We're probably just going to kick it for 4-5 days near the water in a smaller town -- beaching, eating, wine-ing, bonking. Then spend a couple days on the GR20 with an overnight in one of the huts.
    If you are considering Calvi, I can recommend https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18681175. Stayed there a week last summer and it was great. Perfect location walking distance to town, beach. 20 minute drive to mountains great hiking and streams.

Also, if in Calvi, you need to visit https://annietraiteur.com/ and get provisions for you hikes/beach time. Amazing selection of local cured meats, cheese, and everything else good.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Rumor someone told me. I thought unlikely since he has big interest in PlumpJack.

No Easter Egg Hunt at Sun Valley either...

Sun Valley
    Dear Valued Pass Holders, Guests & Visitors,

Sun Valley offers fresh mountain air, great groomed skiing, and wide open spaces. We remain committed to providing our guests and employees a healthy and safe place to recreate and work.

The health and well-being of our guests and employees are of unparalleled importance. With elevated levels of concern surrounding Coronavirus/COVID-19, we wanted to ensure you, our valued guests, that we are working closely with local government and health officials to monitor and assess this evolving situation.

To continue to be responsible operators, be good stewards to this community and under our guiding principle of "Do the Right Thing," we have decided to limit hosted gatherings at Sun Valley Resort. While we remain open and operating through Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020, we have cancelled some upcoming events.

Cancelled events include: Kindercup, Easter Egg Hunt, Dollar Days, Baldy Bash, Aprés Ski Concerts, and others.

While we regret to take this action, we feel it's the right thing to do under the current situation. We still have plenty of activities to complement our skiing and riding and will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on our offers accordingly.

We encourage you to monitor the Sun Valley website and social channels for updates on events. If you have questions about a certain event, please email us at reservations@sunvalley.com.

Sincerely,

tim_silva_sig
    Tim Silva
    President and General Manager
    Sun Valley Resort
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

i got 20 bucks says mexico
    jamaica
    bahamas
    close their borders
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

That’ll really put a damper on my upcoming Bahamas ski trip.

mine too
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

All Canadian ski races are cancelled, my ten year old was pissed.

Heading to Le Massif Monday... I'm presuming I'll remain open. They have had about 60 cm of snow in the last week.

Trying to decide when to definitively cancel my México trip...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Rumor someone told me. I thought unlikely since he has big interest in PlumpJack.
    Isn't it time to stop spreading rumors? The truth is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Trying to decide when to definitively cancel my México trip...
    My brother canceled his family Mexico trip today. Did not think he'd have fun stressing the whole time about whether they'd be able to get home. He had the trip fully insured, which helps of course.

Assuming this thing goes on for a good while and reaches some kind of steady state maybe the world (ie WHO) will get together and come up with a a universal set of rules re international travel, grounds for quarantine, grounds for testing, rules for entry, etc. People will be more likely to travel if they can predict what is likely to happen to them. Of course getting all the countries to agree would be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    If you are considering Calvi, I can recommend https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18681175. Stayed there a week last summer and it was great. Perfect location walking distance to town, beach. 20 minute drive to mountains great hiking and streams.

Also, if in Calvi, you need to visit https://annietraiteur.com/ and get provisions for you hikes/beach time. Amazing selection of local cured meats, cheese, and everything else good.
    Dude -- awesome beta. Thanks. Sadly the place is booked when we'll be there. Welcome a PM on any other exploits you enjoyed (especially the hikes around Calvi). Calvi was on our list as a place of the right size with some town life but hopefully pretty calm.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    My brother canceled his family Mexico trip today. Did not think he'd have fun stressing the whole time about whether they'd be able to get home. He had the trip fully insured, which helps of course.
    My trip is insured if the airlines cancel the flights, but not if I am just skeered.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    My trip is insured if the airlines cancel the flights, but not if I am just skeered.
    If the consequences of an unexpected 2 week quarantine are not severe (like losing your job, etc.), then go.

No consequences at all.
    I can think of worse things than being stuck in Sayulita for a few weeks with my bike.
    Kiddo would be ecstatic. Wifey is just more concerned with us getting sick down there, as the hospitals are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that Newsom is about to close all ski lodges in CA?
    People still go to ski lodges? I thought 9 dollar beers and 18 dollar bloody Mary's scared everyone away.

I would fine if the closed the resort. Keep all those germs out of here. Our old folks are already taxed living at altitude. Our hospitals can rebuild you if a 50 ton boulder rolls over to but you will die of the crud.

I heard that the Alta clinic doctor was in the wildcat parking lot in a full hazmat suit because some ikoner was convinced they were sick. Pretty sure the virus is imbedded in every ikon pass. Russians or Chinese really know what demographic to kill off in order to destroy us.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Just bailed on a hut trip, shit is moving too fast and 2 days of close quarters with 15 other people, seemed a bit of a risk for all of us.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Most ski areas and mountain huts in Austria are closing.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    So that's what the inside of a commercial airliner looks like. How droll.
    I'm assuming the mimosa fountain and walk-in humidor are aft, next to the stripper's berth.
    Jealous much? What a dick comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    MCO is Orlando. I guess Ripzalot dresses up as Mickey Mouse in his spare time.
    Funeral.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

NYS shutting down gondolas at Whiteface, Belleayre and Gore and made this same statement for all 3 mountains. Get there early or the bouncer won't let you in the lodge.

Whiteface will be open during regular business hours with limited capacity. We will be operating with a 50% density reduction within our indoor facilities. Additionally, the Cloudsplitter Gondola will be closed for the remainder of the season starting at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 13. All lifts and the seating capacity on lifts will also be controlled. We will post any updates here as they occur.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yep, last one out turn off the lights.
    watch out for snakes