Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    I don't understand the travel ban outside of Italy. No guarantee but Switzerland and Austria seem to be doing a decent job of reducing the spread. As I posted in the Padded Room, my flight to Zurich was due to board 30 minutes after Trump's speech and announcement. I had to make a decision based on incomplete information and cancelled my trip. Don't know how much money I'm gonna be out but the lack of clear information was outrageous when people have to make quick decisions.

My biggest fear was the rush on getting back to the States (which seems to be happening this morning at airports in Europe) and then the lack of planes to get back home on the 21st. Sucks because the weather was lining up to offer great spring skiing and touring and I've always heard about how great the corn snow skiing is after twenty plus years of going either earlier in the year or not getting sunny weather.

Vibes man. You made the right decision. What else could you do? You just got first dibs on the drippings from Trump's blame game Euro snubbing BoJo reach around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by topwater View Post
    I don't understand the travel ban outside of Italy. No guarantee but Switzerland and Austria seem to be doing a decent job of reducing the spread.
    I imagine it comes down to the ease of travel throughout the Schengen zone.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I imagine it comes down to the ease of travel throughout the Schengen zone.
    It comes down to cretinous, petulant, anti-European, anti EU, anti- science, golf course owning crook with Steven Miller operating the teleprompter while reading texts from Putin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It comes down to cretinous, petulant, anti-European, anti EU, anti- science, golf course owning crook with Steven Miller operating the teleprompter while reading texts from Putin.
    this. Surprised Norway wasn't identified as an exception....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy shit, that's incredibly stupid. But, I heard that Steven Miller may have written it, which makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Benny+Brit, what a combo.

It's StePHen fucking Miller.

Give us Steven Millers a break, for chrissakes!

Halting flights from just Italy is silly. Travel between euro zone countries makes selective country restrictions silly.

The wife and are planning to head to South of France (flying into Nice) at the beginning of July for a wedding and then doing the vacation thing, maybe Corsica. I had not yet booked my flights and the miles required for the two flights just dropped from 280K to 120K and United has waved cancellation fees.

I hope this is all over by then, because I am going to book as I can't see it dropping any lower then 30,000 miles a leg. Maybe it will, but still, that is a pretty good deal.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Benny+Brit, what a combo.

It's StePHen fucking Miller.

Give us Steven Millers a break, for chrissakes!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phteven.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	319982
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    That’s an interesting point. Anyone have input on this and impacts to the guiding industry? I for one have a norway trip in April that may be cancelled which would be impacting 2 guides.
    It will be canceled. We probably have closed our borders by then...unless it's gotten so bad that everyone realize that one might as well travel around the world. At best you'll be quarantined 2 weeks upon arrival. As of today that is the norm for everyone arriving from outside the Nordic countries

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    this. Surprised Norway wasn't identified as an exception....
    Why? We (Norway) have the third highest per capita number of identified cases. It's a proper fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Why? We (Norway) have the third highest per capita number of identified cases. It's a proper fuck up
    Because Trump has already used Norway as an example of a non "shithole" country that the U.S. should welcome immigrants from.

No more USSA events (and some of the cancelled ones are big):

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/u...19-information

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Because Trump has already used Norway as an example of a non "shithole" country that the U.S. should welcome immigrants from.
    Ahhh, yes

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Ahhh, yes
    Name:  tumblr_p2h42tGEV91qlpddeo1_500.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  39.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Name:  tumblr_p2h42tGEV91qlpddeo1_500.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  39.5 KB
    I disagree with Trump on this. We already have more than enough Ole and Lena jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Now that this shit has reached a pandemic level, travel bans don’t make much sense. It’s already everywhere, therefore it’s time to focus on other measures than shutting boarders. Unlike an epidemic, there is no sideline and we are all in the game now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s all about ‘flattening the curve’ of people needing hospitalization.
    Or is it about flattening the curve of criticism by redirecting blame?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    No more USSA events (and some of the cancelled ones are big):

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/u...19-information
    yep, daughter's final race of the season was just canceled.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Remaining events at XC JR Nationals at Donner Summit have been canceled.

Spring events here have all been cancelled. Hill Climb, Rendezvous fest, etc. I will be surprised if JH stays open.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Spring events here have all been cancelled. Hill Climb, Rendezvous fest, etc. I will be surprised if JH stays open.
    Maybe they will just close the Tram's and Gondola's at the resorts?

If not, time to get out the skins I guess.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    The wife and are planning to head to South of France (flying into Nice) at the beginning of July for a wedding and then doing the vacation thing, maybe Corsica. I had not yet booked my flights and the miles required for the two flights just dropped from 280K to 120K and United has waved cancellation fees.

I hope this is all over by then, because I am going to book as I can't see it dropping any lower then 30,000 miles a leg. Maybe it will, but still, that is a pretty good deal.
    smoking deal
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Most of our events are being canceled. US tech champs etc.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Maybe they will just close the Tram's and Gondola's at the resorts?

If not, time to get out the skins I guess.
    Squaw is going to limit passengers in the funi and tram to 40% capacity.

Expect an Long funi like this Saturday....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Wonder if the Grand Traverse will get cancelled?

Lol -- are you me?

I'm getting married in S. of France at end of July and we're going on our honeymoon to Corsica.

Hopeful things have died down by then. A few of our (small) "wedding" guests just bought tickets for peanuts.

Quote around wedding cause we're really just renting a house in wine country for a week to get drunk and ride bikes.