Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    No bets that Vail isn’t going to close the gondolas at Whistler. Only have the Fitz chair lift to upload if they did that. Maybe they’ll issue hazmat suits to everyone uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Isn't it time to stop spreading rumors? The truth is bad enough.
    It kinda fell in line with Newsom's ban on gatherings of 250 or more people.

A couple buddies of mine are bird hunting in Argentina and they are forcing them to get out of the country within the next like 4 days or they will be stuck there for a month. They were supposed to be there for two weeks and they pretty much had to turn around and go home after 2 days. That would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A couple buddies of mine are bird hunting in Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It comes down to cretinous, petulant, anti-European, anti EU, anti- science, golf course owning crook with Steven Miller operating the teleprompter while reading texts from Putin.

I'll just plop this right here for everyone to poke holes at to fit your narrative:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/euro...-who-says.html

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Right? Hunting is their skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I'll just plop this right here for everyone to poke holes at to fit your narrative:

Well what about post #265 for example?

The guberment is not gonna be there to help you. Every consolation you've heard is bullshit.

In Silicon Valley, a hot spot in the outbreak, one outspoken doctor boasts that his guidance comes with no spin and no political filter, despite efforts by some in his department to tone down his messages.

“Nobody tells me what to say — nobody,” said Dr. Scott Morrow, the chief health officer for San Mateo County, which includes the headquarters of Facebook and many other big technology companies.

....“Government likes to convince the people that they’re in charge and everything is under control and we’ll take care of you — and that’s not true,” Dr. Morrow said of the crisis. “You’re mostly going to experience this on your own.”

“They literally go into apoplexy when they read my statements,” Dr. Morrow said of the county’s public relations team. “I have fights with them constantly and tell them to back off. This is not a negotiation.”

Don Horsley, a member of the San Mateo Board of Supervisors, praised Dr. Morrow as well-prepared and competent but admitted to wincing when he read the doctor’s comments about society possibly needing to “grind to a halt.”

“I don’t think I would have said that,” Mr. Horsley said. “I’m a politician. I would have been more careful.”

Mike Callagy, the San Mateo County manager, says some residents have asked for clarification about Mr. Morrow’s bulletins.

“He has a different style of delivering messages than probably most health officials throughout the United States,” Mr. Callagy said. “But I can tell you it all comes from the right place in trying to help people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/u...fornia%20Today

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A couple buddies of mine are bird hunting in Argentina and they are forcing them to get out of the country within the next like 4 days or they will be stuck there for a month. They were supposed to be there for two weeks and they pretty much had to turn around and go home after 2 days. That would suck.
    That sucks. Been a bucket list item of mine. Some of the best wing shooting on the planet. Some buddies of mine went a few years ago and were just amazed at the amount of birds. Their pics and stories were unreal.

"Secret" reports would suggest that the rest of Europe is about to follow the Swiss and Italians and shut down ski resorts...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    "Secret" reports would suggest that the rest of Europe is about to follow the Swiss and Italians and shut down ski resorts...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Coming to a resort near you...

Why was the UK exempted from the travel ban? Seems odd when it has one of the largest outbreaks in Europe.

Regardless it would be nice if POTUS could get his shit together during this national emergency and time of panic to get his facts straight during a national address to the nation. Instead, it was another instance of either alternative facts, or carelessness from the administration.

It seems that the "American way" of freedom and personal responsibility, etc is not conducive to containing/mitigating pandemics. It would seem that more authoritarian governance would have a serious advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Coming to a resort near you...
    affirmative
    https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...he-ski-season/

So, I just got back from Switzerland early this AM. Me and my buddy flew out last week, spent some awesome days in St Anton skiing with nordkette (a great guy and awesome skier), then we headed to Klosters/Davos to meet up with the pre-BBI crew. Had another fantastic day skiing with Buster, shroom & Mrs. shroom, Mr. Mike, nordkette, and lurker Braïain on Wednesday.

Thursday at 2am my buddy gets a phone call relating to drumpfs stable genius speech. Due to our jobs, we have no choice but to scramble to get back. Within minutes, snagged a $2K one-way back that filled up right after I booked. We left the hotel before dawn, trained back to Zurich, then flew home on a packed flight. JFK was a fucking madhouse.

Really bummed about leaving great skiing and great friends behind, and super sad not to get to see vendul and the rest of the crew. Holed up now in self-quarantine, though I thankfully don't have any significant symptoms as yet.

Were you tested?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Why was the UK exempted from the travel ban? Seems odd when it has one of the largest outbreaks in Europe.
    Because, Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Why was the UK exempted from the travel ban?
    And Ireland.

And it's because Trump owns golf course resorts in both nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Were you tested?
    Due to the wonderful response by the CDC, testing kits are in short supply (thanks drumpf!). So for people at risk but no known sick contacts, and with no major symptoms, testing is currently not indicated, though that may change if more testing is available.

Self-quarantine is reasonable, at least through the likely incubation period. Since my vacation was to run through the 27th, I'm lucky enough to not miss much work, if any. Gonna be a lot more boring though, moping around the house.
    Last edited by Tri-Ungulate; 03-13-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Right back to you. It’s too late. It is just political.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rs-from-europe

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Right back to you. It’s too late. It is just political.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rs-from-europe
    yesterday afternoon, I heard an NPR interview with a former health or homeland top official, can't remember the name, discussing in a very factual way why the recent Euro flight plan is ridiculous. The quote that stuck with me "It's akin to locking the doors on your house after the killer is inside". Its already here and widely transmitted, with a 6+day ghost period. Better to spend those cherished gov't resources helping hospitals prepare, lining up testing etc etc etc (basically everything other than managing banned flight plans)

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    yesterday afternoon, I heard an NPR interview with a former health or homeland top official, can't remember the name, discussing in a very factual way why the recent Euro flight plan is ridiculous. The quote that stuck with me "It's akin to locking the doors on your house after the killer is inside". Its already here and widely transmitted, with a 6+day ghost period. Better to spend those cherished gov't resources helping hospitals prepare, lining up testing etc etc etc (basically everything other than managing banned flight plans)
    So we should just let more killers flow into our house instead of the locking the doors and dealing with the ones already there? Make sense.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Um, the current administration is currently coming up short in "dealing with the ones already there," instead they are throwing resources an an empty xenophobic gesture designed by StePHan Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Um, the current administration is currently coming up short in "dealing with the ones already there," instead they are throwing resources an an empty xenophobic gesture designed by StePHan Miller.
    You guys surely don't disappoint....TDS has afflicted more than coronavirus has and will.

Sadly, I suspect TDS has direct implications on how the coronavirus affects our country. You afflicted?

Just a heads up, St Anton is now under 14 day quarantine
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    So, I just got back from Switzerland early this AM. Me and my buddy flew out last week, spent some awesome days in St Anton skiing with nordkette (a great guy and awesome skier), then we headed to Klosters/Davos to meet up with the pre-BBI crew. Had another fantastic day skiing with Buster, shroom & Mrs. shroom, Mr. Mike, nordkette, and lurker Braïain on Wednesday.

Thursday at 2am my buddy gets a phone call relating to drumpfs stable genius speech. Due to our jobs, we have no choice but to scramble to get back. Within minutes, snagged a $2K one-way back that filled up right after I booked. We left the hotel before dawn, trained back to Zurich, then flew home on a packed flight. JFK was a fucking madhouse.

Really bummed about leaving great skiing and great friends behind, and super sad not to get to see vendul and the rest of the crew. Holed up now in self-quarantine, though I thankfully don't have any significant symptoms as yet.