Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Other sporting events (namely the first two MotoGP rounds) have already been cancelled or postponed.
    The first round of MotoGP is this weekend in Qatar, where only the Top Class MotoGP has been canceled. The Moto2 and Moto3 Class are still scheduled and will race.
    The second round of MotoGP is April 5th in Austin Texas USA. This has not been canceled, nor has there been any discussion in canceling it.
    STOP SPREADING FEAR WITH FALSE INFORMATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The first round of MotoGP is this weekend in Qatar, where only the Top Class MotoGP has been canceled. The Moto2 and Moto3 Class are still scheduled and will race.
    The second round of MotoGP is April 5th in Austin Texas USA. This has not been canceled, nor has there been any discussion in canceling it.
    STOP SPREADING FEAR WITH FALSE INFORMATION.
    The second round was supposed to be Thailand and has been cancelled. Surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The second round was supposed to be Thailand and has been cancelled. Surely?
    Oh ya, Thailand, Postponed....

Events are being cancelled all over the world, that’s not ‘false information’.
    Example:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/51719324

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/nahbs-...s-concern.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Events are being cancelled all over the world, that’s not ‘false information’.
    Ya I know, I work in the International Sport Event World. I was in China for the FIS Mens Alpine World Cup when they decided to canceled it. About $22m lost by that organization preparing for the races.
    Had dinner with an IOC member on Saturday, plenty of discussion about all the Summer Olympic Qualifier events that have been postponed and moved. Its a mess with so many unknown and so much fear.

Just rub hand sanitizer into your gloves instead of Sno-Seal and you'll be fine.

I found this interview with a WHO epidemiologist interesting: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/2116106...-covid19-china He talks about how China managed to finally it seems turn the corner on bringing the number of new cases down. I have to say I'm not super confident that the US system is ready to bring this kind of response. (I don't mean the authoritarian aspects, I mean I don't think the US is ready to let people stay home from work, we probably don't have enough respirators, ventilators, etc, etc.)

Anyway, takeaway #1 is that the initial symptoms are a dry cough and a fever. Not the sniffles. If you have a runny nose, you have a goddamn cold, not coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Just rub hand sanitizer into your gloves instead of Sno-Seal and you'll be fine.

I found this interview with a WHO epidemiologist interesting: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/2116106...-covid19-china He talks about how China managed to finally it seems turn the corner on bringing the number of new cases down. I have to say I'm not super confident that the US system is ready to bring this kind of response. (I don't mean the authoritarian aspects, I mean I don't think the US is ready to let people stay home from work, we probably don't have enough respirators, ventilators, etc, etc.)

Anyway, takeaway #1 is that the initial symptoms are a dry cough and a fever. Not the sniffles. If you have a runny nose, you have a goddamn cold, not coronavirus.
    nothing wrong with staying home with the sniffles. Nobody wants to catch a cold either.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The mortality rates are bullshit since most people with the virus aren’t reporting it or seeking care.

https://apple.news/AHXXcuhdtSmOYLOIFP9SFgQ

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Agreed, but this morning the WHO came out and reported 3.4% mortality for reported cases. Even with a significant number of unreported cases, that's a troubling number for anyone in a higher-risk group, or anyone close to such a person. Everything seems to indicate that the vast majority of healthy, non-elderly people infected recover, many without medical intervention, and that mortality for that group is effectively zero as long as they have access to effective care.

If my wife weren't pregnant, I'd be mostly worried about economic impact. As she is, I have a somewhat heightened concern about pandemic spread in the US, particularly if infected folks are headed to the hospital where she sees the doctor and is planning to give birth.

And re: Qatar MotoGP, yes, the support classes will run because they are already there. It ain't MotoGP without the top class.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Agreed, but this morning the WHO came out and reported 3.4% mortality for reported cases. Even with a significant number of unreported cases, that's a troubling number for anyone in a higher-risk group, or anyone close to such a person. Everything seems to indicate that the vast majority of healthy, non-elderly people infected recover, many without medical intervention, and that mortality for that group is effectively zero as long as they have access to effective care.

If my wife weren't pregnant, I'd be mostly worried about economic impact. As she is, I have a somewhat heightened concern about pandemic spread in the US, particularly if infected folks are headed to the hospital where she sees the doctor and is planning to give birth.

And re: Qatar MotoGP, yes, the support classes will run because they are already there. It ain't MotoGP without the top class.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's challenging to know what is accurate and what isn't these days. Regardless, this data was published today jointly by the CDC and it's counterpart in China.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 8.06.47 AM.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	318742

^^^good to know, thanks.

We have people in my family who are affected by viral induced asthma....they get sick, they cough a ton and have trouble breathing without steroids to lower their immune response. So far none of the experts have any information on if they are more or less at risk. My wife got the pneumonia shot this year but the expert I heard made it sound like it probably won't help since the pneumonia is cause by the covid19 virus itself.

Anyway, we are off to JH in a week by car to ride the Covid19 tram. I guess we take it day by day and chairlifts are always an option.

Hey, you're focusing on the wrong topic. The OP said there's only a week left at Snowbird? Are they really closing so soon? I was thinking about going March 20th. Is the snow guaranteed to be horrible, or can they get a March miracle if Snowbird is actually open?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    Hey, you're focusing on the wrong topic. The OP said there's only a week left at Snowbird? Are they really closing so soon? I was thinking about going March 20th. Is the snow guaranteed to be horrible, or can they get a March miracle if Snowbird is actually open?
    You interpretation of the OP's post is faulty.

That's just like, your opinion man!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You interpretation of the OP's post is faulty.
    Haha, yes my interpretation was faulty. Open until #longestseasoninutahahahahahaha!!!!!! Now time to scalp some airline seats from some scared pussy afraid to fly! Uh, I mean you're all gonna die, you should all stay home.

UAL waived change fees on even the cheap basic economy tickets through the 31st. Explorer card waves bag fees. Seems like a no brainer to book an Ikonic weekend at the basin with no risk!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    nothing wrong with staying home with the sniffles. Nobody wants to catch a cold either.
    Absolutely!

If you have a job where you can stay home when you're sick, you should. Unfortunately, a lot of Americans, especially in service industries, face pressure to work or lose their jobs, and so a lot of people work when they probably shouldn't. Because a lot of them work in food service, this is bad.

I was supposed to be in Engelberg this past weekend, but early last week, when like one or two cases showed up in Switzerland, my travel companion had to bail - his company would force him to self quarantine for two weeks (something he could not afford to do, given the nature of the job/company). So, we went to Crested Butte instead (Swiss/United let us change for free). I was pissed, but shit happens. But now it's like, what was the point of switching to CO? It's here in NYC anyway, and he'll probably catch it soon enough, which annoys me all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
    I was supposed to be in Engelberg this past weekend, but early last week, when like one or two cases showed up in Switzerland, my travel companion had to bail - his company would force him to self quarantine for two weeks (something he could not afford to do, given the nature of the job/company). So, we went to Crested Butte instead (Swiss/United let us change for free). I was pissed, but shit happens. But now it's like, what was the point of switching to CO? It's here in NYC anyway, and he'll probably catch it soon enough, which annoys me all the more.
    The risk is if you go to Yurp and they suddenly quarantine the area you are in or restrict travel back to the states. If you stay stateside you can probably drive home if you have to. For some people getting stuck in Yurp could be a real problem for any number of reasons. For others it probably doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    UAL waived change fees on even the cheap basic economy tickets through the 31st.
    Meanwhile Southwest Airlines is going "change fees? WTF are change fees?"

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Meanwhile Southwest Airlines is going "change fees? WTF are change fees?"
    Cool airline but no service from here. The only non stop flight we have from here to somewhere I can ski on a weekend is UAL. So I live and die by those assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We have people in my family who are affected by viral induced asthma....they get sick, they cough a ton and have trouble breathing without steroids to lower their immune response. So far none of the experts have any information on if they are more or less at risk. My wife got the pneumonia shot this year but the expert I heard made it sound like it probably won't help since the pneumonia is cause by the covid19 virus itself.

Anyway, we are off to JH in a week by car to ride the Covid19 tram. I guess we take it day by day and chairlifts are always an option.
    It does sound like the pneumonia with Covid 19 is a primary viral pneumonia (like the 1918 flu). With garden variety flu the pneumonia is usually a secondary bacterial pneumonia, which the pneumonia shot might protect against--depending on the bacteria.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
    I don't get this; either avoid the bugstream of travel or don't.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Absolutely!

If you have a job where you can stay home when you're sick, you should. .
    or if they tell you to self quarantine you should.

https://time.com/5795405/new-hampshi...rtmouth-event/

I'm sure all his frat bros are happy he attended now.

This a little closer to home has me more worried though.
    That MetroNorth commuter line don't just stop in New Rochelle.
    it is out now in the New York metro area and they are shutting some schools.
    I was down in Mt. Vernon this morning.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...tests/2311723/