Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Yes, hence my own self-quarantine situation. Although I prolly was at more risk from the filthy third world airport that is JFK.

Thumbs up

Costco had halted free samples. Thumbs up to them for keeping the people on their payroll cleaning, wiping down carts, handles on coolers etc. These are subcontractors, not Costco employees, they had no obligations do so

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So we should just let more killers flow into our house instead of the locking the doors and dealing with the ones already there? Make sense.
    Have you ever seen that movie where the 911 comes in from a safe room , and the cops tell the poor soul that THE KILLER IS IN THE HOUSE?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    So, I just got back from Switzerland early this AM.
    Damn. Sorry to hear about the trip, but glad you got home ok.

I was hoping to link up with Buster for some of the International BBIpalooza, but the last effects we are seeing at home makes it hard to leave. Anyway, that’s moot now. Needless to say, our family ski trip to CH is now off too.

Yeah, Buster mentioned you might make a cameo appearance, was hoping to ski with you again. Some other time, hopefully. Hope all's well with you and the family otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    So we should just let more killers flow into our house instead of the locking the doors and dealing with the ones already there? Make sense.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Due to the wonderful response by the CDC, testing kits are in short supply (thanks drumpf!). So for people at risk but no known sick contacts, and with no major symptoms, testing is currently not indicated, though that may change if more testing is available.

Self-quarantine is reasonable, at least through the likely incubation period. Since my vacation was to run through the 27th, I'm lucky enough to not miss much work, if any. Gonna be a lot more boring though, moping around the house.
    Sorry but the kits were nearly nonexistent well before his speach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Sorry but the kits were nearly nonexistent well before his speach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yes, in part due to inaction by the administration (see section 4 of the article), as well as actions taken by the administration dating back to 2018 when the office in charge of dealing with pandemics was gutted.

And they're still in worrisomely short supply.

No worry, you're getting a website and a little portion of a WalMart parking lot from the private sector.

Welp. It's here in Steamboat as of today even though some reports are saying they were notified on the 11th. Two folks from out of state. Gov officials say "Routt County" but it's pretty safe to assume they rolled through town, perhaps the gondy, gas station, restaurants, grocery.... They aren't providing any more info. Kiss off Rob Perlman. Close the damn resort! Now I can't buy any more food because all the tourons are raiding the stores like locust. Fack!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The guberment is not gonna be there to help you. Every consolation you've heard is bullshit.

In Silicon Valley, a hot spot in the outbreak, one outspoken doctor boasts that his guidance comes with no spin and no political filter, despite efforts by some in his department to tone down his messages.

“Nobody tells me what to say — nobody,” said Dr. Scott Morrow, the chief health officer for San Mateo County, which includes the headquarters of Facebook and many other big technology companies.

....“Government likes to convince the people that they’re in charge and everything is under control and we’ll take care of you — and that’s not true,” Dr. Morrow said of the crisis. “You’re mostly going to experience this on your own.”

“They literally go into apoplexy when they read my statements,” Dr. Morrow said of the county’s public relations team. “I have fights with them constantly and tell them to back off. This is not a negotiation.”

Don Horsley, a member of the San Mateo Board of Supervisors, praised Dr. Morrow as well-prepared and competent but admitted to wincing when he read the doctor’s comments about society possibly needing to “grind to a halt.”

“I don’t think I would have said that,” Mr. Horsley said. “I’m a politician. I would have been more careful.”

Mike Callagy, the San Mateo County manager, says some residents have asked for clarification about Mr. Morrow’s bulletins.

“He has a different style of delivering messages than probably most health officials throughout the United States,” Mr. Callagy said. “But I can tell you it all comes from the right place in trying to help people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/u...fornia%20Today

I like that doc
    . . .

Covid19 has seriously wounded magbakeut20
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Feck.

Sending good vibes for you boys.

The tram situation at the bird is a big bummer. Guess its time to get to skinning.

scary virus

... and completely ass fucked EuroBBI2020

Just got word that the hut trip I bailed on is now cancelled, 10th Mountain huts shutting down for the season I believe.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Some good info I’m passing on from a Stanford nurse

Stanford hospital Protocol.
    CORONAVIRUS --
    1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you probably have a common cold
    2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
    3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees (Celsius). It hates the Sun.
    4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
    5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
    6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
    7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
    8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, touch your nose/mouth unwittingly and so on.
    9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
    10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!
    THE SYMPTOMS
    1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
    2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
    3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
    4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Some excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
    Ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

,^^^^fake news

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post

CORONAVIRUS --
    3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees (Celsius). It hates the Sun.
    4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
    5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
    6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
    7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
    8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, touch your nose/mouth unwittingly and so on.
    9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
    THE SYMPTOMS
    1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
    2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
    4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Haha

Some good info I’m passing on from a Stanford

FYI. 27° C. Is about 75° F.

I am not endorsing any of this information.

In fact information that I have read concludes longer viable viral existence times.
    One study I saw had survival times of 3 hrs airborne, 4 hrs on copper and up to 10 days on stainless steel and hard plastics.
    Regular soap and warm water is the most effective method for cleaning your skin.

What's the over/under on reposts of that fucking Stanford shit?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

CORONAVIRUS --
    THE SYMPTOMS

JFC
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy