Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Not entirely sure why but that is pegging my bullshit meter to 11

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Some good info I’m passing on from a Stanford nurse

Stanford hospital Protocol.
    CORONAVIRUS --
    1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you probably have a common cold
    2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
    3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees (Celsius). It hates the Sun.
    4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
    5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
    6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
    7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
    8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, touch your nose/mouth unwittingly and so on.
    9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
    10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!
    THE SYMPTOMS
    1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
    2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
    3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
    4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Some excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
    Ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Jesus motherfucking Christ you’re stupid. Get off FB idiot. https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nt-believe-it/
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

my bad. i dont do facebook. never have, never will. it was texted to me by family. id delete it after reading buzz's link, but u twits keep quoting it so why bother. hah!!

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Not entirely sure why but that is pegging my bullshit meter to 11
    Probably because of the mass influx of fuckwad hysteria that is being sent out over the interwebz and the utter bullshit info contained in that post.

There is plenty-o reasons to be vigilant without the added social media effect added on.

BTW, the virus last about 9 days on inanimate surfaces! And a droplet will travel up to 6 feet when you sneeze.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

CORONAVIRUS --
    3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees (Celsius). It hates the Sun.
    4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
    5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
    6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
    7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
    8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, touch your nose/mouth unwittingly and so on.
    9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
    THE SYMPTOMS
    1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
    2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
    4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous. Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Wouldn't it be great for evolution if a virus were to specifically target stupidity, specifically target people who spread falsehoods, mis-information, and "alternative facts"?

Go buy some colloidal Silver from Jim Bakker or Alex Jones.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by stayhighstaydry View Post
    FYI. 27° C. Is about 75° F.
    Wait, what's normal human body temp again?

At least there's a nice nugget in there that should make anyone with any sense dismiss it immediately.

Problem is the virus when pushed down makes your tummy poop and tp hard to findy.
    Uno mas

my bad. i dont do facebook. never have, never will. it was texted to me by family. id delete it after reading buzz's link, but u twits keep quoting it so why bother. hah!!
    My sincere apologies!
    That was not called for. Time for a much needed bong hit.
    You didn’t deserve that at all.

27C is 80.6 F meaning it couldn't survive on or in a human body. Fucking misinformation from Russia.

CORONAVIRUS --
    THE SYMPTOMS

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late (Fibrosis is not reversible). Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment...
    Whatever they're smoking at Stanford...I want some.

#Fakenews

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Problem is the virus when pushed down makes your tummy poop and tp hard to findy.
    The real crisis of our time

Also, just read about 20 something doctors and nurses in China dying from this shit.
    If young people think they're immune, they're gonna be bummed when it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Also, just read about 20 something doctors and nurses in China dying from this shit.
    Oh no they're absolutely not. Sea-area with ICU COVID patients with age < 35 and nothing else wrong with them. Not super common, not uncommon. Also just saw my first case: 9/10 sick. (10/10 = dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Oh no they're absolutely not. Sea-area with ICU COVID patients with age < 35 and nothing else wrong with them. Not super common, not uncommon. Also just saw my first case: 9/10 sick. (10/10 = dead)
    What did you end up specializing in? Did they repurpose your job into COVID ICU already?

Have you seen any info on the prognosis for someone who winds up on a vent? On ECMO? I'm guessing there are a fair number of people out there who've been on vents for weeks and are going to eventually die and that mortality rate is going to go up. (I helped care for a colleague of mine with hantavirus, who survived ECMO and fully recovered. I think about her every time I go down in my crawl space. No personal experience with COVID).

My family wife, daughters 23 mo and 4.5, and two other families have bailed on Banff 3.26-.3.31.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Could be due to lack of ICU resources or more likely fatigue from the extra long hours and forced sacrifice for glorious state.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Have you seen any info on the prognosis for someone who winds up on a vent? On ECMO? I'm guessing there are a fair number of people out there who've been on vents for weeks and are going to eventually die and that mortality rate is going to go up. (I helped care for a colleague of mine with hantavirus, who survived ECMO and fully recovered. I think about her every time I go down in my crawl space. No personal experience with COVID).
    For #1, Papers that are out so far not super high quality, but inference based on their data, somewhere in the 40% range depending on comorbids. As for ECMO, there is a trial currently in progress, data not yet available. Though it's very resource-intensive and the majority of hospitals aren't equipped to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post

BTW, the virus last about 9 days on inanimate surfaces!

Way to combat internet misinformation with internet misinformation. The consensus now is: can survive on certain surfaces for up to 3 days.

Way to combat internet misinformation with internet misinformation. The consensus now is: can survive on certain surfaces for up to 3 days.
    Yea. I also heard this virus simply hates the sun and if you drink enough water you can wash it into your stomach and it will die in the stomach acid.

I’ll forward the link I got from my uncle.

Then that is a new change within the last 24-48 hours. Not mis information just better understanding of the properties of the virus. The more they learn the more that will change.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Could be due to lack of ICU resources or more likely fatigue from the extra long hours and forced sacrifice for glorious state.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    No. It's because the virus kills people, young and old and health care workers are exposed to a lot of coronavirus. Duh.
    For #1, Papers that are out so far not super high quality, but inference based on their data, somewhere in the 40% range depending on comorbids. As for ECMO, there is a trial currently in progress, data not yet available. Though it's very resource-intensive and the majority of hospitals aren't equipped to do it.
    Thanks. Obviously ECMO is not a solution. It will be interesting to see how decisions are made re ECMO. First come first serve? Who you know? (My brother got two cadaveric transplants in very short order in the hospital where my other brother is a pediatric nephrologist. )

This guy, and most of his group, got ill after an Italian ski trip.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ealth-51858845

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    thanks HuskyDoc for dropping knowledge in here. Please keep it up!